Transmission -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-21-2016, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Hello. I have an 02 JGC, that has been an excellent running vehicle and has been well maintained. This past Thursday, i had my long-time mechanic flush the tranny, replace the filter. Yesterday, while driving 75 MPH on the interstate, the engine seized for no reason. Then it repeated again and again. I was on the phone with the shop telling them what was going on. After about 15 miles (I slowed way down) I rolled into a parking lot and waited an hour for a two truck (from the same shop) to come haul it back to my home town about 100 miles away. When loading my jeep the driver mentioned there was fluid leaking on the drivers side; i took a picture of it but don't know how well it was in focus. Later the shop told me "a line had been disconnected" and that they were going to replace all the tranny fluid and it would be ready to go on Monday. When I asked what the extent of the damage done was, they told me "not much". I'm not foolish enough to believe this. Has anyone out there had a similar experience and how did it turn out? Keep in mind, zero issues with the tranny prior to this. Great truck.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 02-25-2016, 07:41 PM
1997 ZJ 
I don't know how much damage it would have done, but I'm almost positive it's more than "not much."
post #3 of 3 Old 02-26-2016, 11:46 AM
2001 WJ 
Did you get the trans overheat light ? What kinda transmission ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.