Tow Hook Parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tow Hook Parts

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Tow Hook Parts

first of all yes i know j/y have them but i have a $50 gift certificate that i won to the place.

anyway to my question is there anything else that i need for these besides the hooks themselves. i will be ordering Two of part 12 and one of part 11 for each side(see below)

i dont know but it seems to me that the prices are a little low but according to the pictures it is the tow hook brackets.

Thanks

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You need a #11, #12 and #13 for a complete tow hook bracket assembly. You need to order left and right side parts for each side. #10 Tow hooks are universal fit.

The Jeep unibody is not strong enough to simply bolt on tow hooks. You need the complete bracket assembly to reinforce the "frame" and to distribute the stress of pulling on the tow hook.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

I can't tell what part 12 is, but I just installed tow hooks on my ZJ the other day, and you definitely need 10, 11, 13 and 14. 10 is the hook, 11 is the main bracket everything bolts to, 13 is the little bolts that need to slip under the radiator, and 14 is the nut reinforcement plate that slips into the unibody from the front, you'll of course also need all grade 8 bolts and nuts if they aren't included. 4 bolts (i used 3/8ths) and 4 nuts for each tow hook plate, and number 13 SHOULD come with the nuts, but if not, you'll need two nuts for both sides for that as well. But I still have no clue what that #12 is, I didn't have that on my (factory) hooks.

EDIT: nvm, now I remember what 12 is, and yes, you'll need it. so you need 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14, and 2 of each.

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)

Last edited by MyZJ98; 10-25-2009 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: duh
MyZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

there is no 14 to get i guess im going to have to call the guy...
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

#11 is for tow hooks, #14 is for RV tow bars, dealership installed brush guards, or something similar.

I have a set of 10, 11, 12, 13 , ZJ tow hook brackets out in the garage someplace.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.