Tow Bill... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tow Bill...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #1
jabba974
1996 ZJ 

Tow Bill...

So with the immense amount of snow we have had this winter, I am sure there has been one or two of you that have needed the help of a wrecker service. I myself tangled with a county truck last weekend... Some may say I lost...but I am claiming a tie.. Ok..maybe not... But I was wondering how many of you guys got taken advantage of by tow companies this winter... I had my jeep towed less then 5 miles and they tried to charge me almost $400....

Anyone else get boned this winter?

jabba974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

Tried??? So how much did they charge you? Ive towed over 6 years total in jackson, wy. Mi. And colorado. How disabled was your zj? Tires missing? Drive train locked up? Steering inoperable? Check the companies billing. Some charge extreme weather charges, after hour charges. Being it was an accident did P.D. call the wrecker? If so alot of companies charge a "accident rate" which is usually more then if you just broke down. When pd calls or its an accident the charge is more because accidents take priority. Its our job to keep the roads clear. And usually the car will go to a body shop and insurance will flip the bill. Sorry this happened. Did they tow it to their yard?....its a tough spot to be in. Pm me if you need more guidance as to handle this.
ZJfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #3
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

6 year member of AAA Gold.

Even though in the last three years I haven't had one tow, but my wifes Alero and her brothers Pontiac always seem to be on the flatbed three times a year.

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonStebbins
6 year member of AAA Gold. Even though in the last three years I haven't had one tow, but my wifes Alero and her brothers Pontiac always seem to be on the flatbed three times a year.
You have a winch and me, I would be disappointed if you needed a tow.
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
You have a winch and me, I would be disappointed if you needed a tow.
That winch was the best investment I ever made. Not sure how I got by with a come-along for so long!

3+ years of ownership with 210,000+ miles and still has never left me stranded.

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

A lot of times you can offer to slip tow truck drivers money under the table. Its worked for me so many times, but i always have to take a shower to get the dirty feeling off afterwards.
Unread 02-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
zwoobah
1996 ZJ 

AAA+ Gold member for a 15 years. I doubt they have made any money off my membership. 1st 100 miles of the tow is free. And one of their drivers saved my life during a tow, when an idiot on his cell phone hit his flatbed while we were 20' in front of the truck changing a tire on my car. I'll be a member for life.
zwoobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
50notch
1998 ZJ 

AAA Gold for the past 10yrs for me. Last time I had to use it was 5yrs ago when I hit some black ice and totaled the 93 5.2 I had.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.