Was told *NOT* to install lift on my Jeep by retailer.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Was told *NOT* to install lift on my Jeep by retailer....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG2008 View Post
LOL. I'm staring to think I should just clean it up real nice and trade it in on a newer 4.7.....
Thats exactly what I did I started with a 4.slow because I heard such good things about it. Then my sis came home with her newly purchased 00 WJ with the 4.7. I traded in my 4.slow about three weeks after I drove the 4.7

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

I believe you are instructed to retorque the spacers every 3000 miles.
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG2008 View Post
LOL. I'm staring to think I should just clean it up real nice and trade it in on a newer 4.7.....
Not a bad idea. I sold my 93 4.slow and bought a 98 5.9 two years ago. I love the extra HP and Torque.
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
I believe you are instructed to retorque the spacers every 3000 miles.
They shouldn't ever come loose if torqued properly...basically I would check them 100 miles after installation, then everytime the tires are rotates just check them, don't pull them off or anything.
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
They shouldn't ever come loose if torqued properly...basically I would check them 100 miles after installation, then everytime the tires are rotates just check them, don't pull them off or anything.
Thats what I meant, check the torque, not retorque.
Thanks Arlo.
Unread 06-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #21
KDOG2008
2004 WJ 

Ok now what do you think about a 2" Budget Boost lift? Would that still be ok for towing?
KDOG2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.