TJ's ZJ Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > TJ's ZJ Build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 06-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #91
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
oh god i could bolt things to an 8.8

mostly my driveline.
haha yes but you know, the whole cutting and rewelding brackets is kinda important, otherwise after I connect up my drive shaft, it will soon me inside my zj

Unread 06-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #92
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Glad I have leafs :b
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #93
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

but the power of coils compels me!

ok, so I finally talked my old man to letting me store it in his garage while I cut off the old brackets. Friend from here said he'd be happy to help weld on the brackets and possibly truss(?) so over the next few weeks I'll be poking around...but I have 2 choices (well a lot more but this is the first question). I known I want an open diff (don't want to deal with LSD off-road), I have 3.73's which is fine on my 31's. Will upgrade wheels eventually and will want to upgrade gears. i'm tempted to get a 8.8 with 3.73's so I don't have to regear now, then when I decide to upgrade to 4.10's or whatever I so choose, I can get upgraded gears for front and rear instead of stock gears in rear and g2 or yukon in the front. Make sense? Thoughts?
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #94
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Puppy was almost as excited as me to scoop up a haynes manual. A/C high side pressure valve has a leak and needs to be replaced. Sadly have no evap system myself. Might just refreon it for the rest of summer and deal with it later.

Grabbed some extra ratchet straps so I can get that spare tire on my roof rails for the ride this weekend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #95
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Up date on Treadwright Tires:
So I had a real trail run this weekend. Was a ton of fun. It was wet rock and muddy with ruts left and right. Most people were on 33's or 35's. Think there might have been one other person on 31's besides me. Either way, tires preformed above what I expect. I didn't slide on rocks that I saw people infront of me slide down (take it I aired down to about 15psi). Tread held up great, cleared the mud pretty well. When I aired down, I got a nice contact patch as the side walls were already a little loose from them being retreads. Very very pleased.

So new progress...got a good deal on some 3.5 from kolak, getting ready to pick a jy for an 8.8 build. Exciting stuff.
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #96
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

good to hear.
Haven't had to air down my TW Guard dogs yet, But overall, I'm also very happy with my treadwrights
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #97
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Well looks like no notch customs bumper for me. Got an email basically saying their cost of production is higher then expected and they can't sell them at a competitive price. They didn't list what the cost is actually going to be, but can't imagine that means it's going to be in my budget. Sad to hear, want to support a local business, so kind of a let down. Oh well. Good note 3.5" springs are on their way (thank you Kolak) and within the next month or 2 the 8.8 build is going to get under way.
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #98
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good. Too bad on the Notch bumper.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #99
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Well brown santa showed up today with my 3.5 RE springs...can't wait to get them on...it'll only make me a little bit taller but id like to get on some new springs and off the bb's. They're not bad just I'm not the most comfortable with them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1374635947046.jpg  
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #100
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

What was your deciding factor to go RE coils? I am still up in the air to which 3.5 "kit" I want to go with. I am all about ride quality and function (BDS, IRO w/ Bilsteins, OME, etc.) so wanted your take on the route you are going.
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #101
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
What was your deciding factor to go RE coils? I am still up in the air to which 3.5 "kit" I want to go with. I am all about ride quality and function (BDS, IRO w/ Bilsteins, OME, etc.) so wanted your take on the route you are going.
I talked to kolak, was originally leaning to iro springs because re was more expensive. I got the re for cheaper so I took them and I wanted them more so win win. I will upgrade to bilsteins when money allows. But those re springs are beefy as h*ll. I've loved me re track bars and the twin tubes aren't great, but aren't bad for the price either. Good street ride and good off road. I kinda custom built my 3.5 so its what parts I decided on instead of a kit. Altho I do need new front ca's
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #102
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Ride quality is mostly shock.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #103
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Ride quality is mostly shock.
Ditto. bad shocks will sap most of your quality. I'm probably going to go the same route, RE springs, CAs, not sure about shocks tho, still browsing.

Loving the jeep btw! I'm probably going to steal some of your mini projects

I don't blame you for ditching the BB, especially with doing decent offroading. They're fine up to 2.25" but I'd air on the side of caution and recommend getting proper lift parts if the money can be spared
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #104
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead31 View Post

Ditto. bad shocks will sap most of your quality. I'm probably going to go the same route, RE springs, CAs, not sure about shocks tho, still browsing.

Loving the jeep btw! I'm probably going to steal some of your mini projects

I don't blame you for ditching the BB, especially with doing decent offroading. They're fine up to 2.25" but I'd air on the side of caution and recommend getting proper lift parts if the money can be spared
Thanks, I need to do ca's just haven't had the cash yet. Never ending project. Love em.
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #105
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

There should be a TW gaurd dog zj club, 'cause there seams to be a lot of us running them!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.