TJ's ZJ Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > TJ's ZJ Build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #31
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
I like the vents and license plate surround! Really goes good offsetting the color of the Jeep. I may have to copy that...but will use Krylon semi-flat. I find that Plast-Dip gives it a texture that it attracts and keeps dirt. PITA to clean from what I have used on the interior.
the plate surround is pretty sweet lookin

OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #32
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like the vents and license plate surround! Really goes good offsetting the color of the Jeep. I may have to copy that...but will use Krylon semi-flat. I find that Plast-Dip gives it a texture that it attracts and keeps dirt. PITA to clean from what I have used on the interior.
I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. So figured plasti dip is a good start. If I didn't like it, peel it off. So in time I may krylon it. If you end up doing that, post it in your thread for sure haha. I'll be following your lead on that particular product.
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
the plate surround is pretty sweet lookin
thanks, I really liked the way it came out myself. The plan is to do all the cladding in black mostaliner down through the rockers. Maybe leave the gold stripe on it gold, maybe not. Haven't decided yet. Also going to mask off the center of the hood and black that similar to the TrailHawk GC's.
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #34
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

I used the Krylon flat on my cladding. Kind of wish I went with semiflat or satin. But either way looks renewed and better than the dull to me gray.
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #35
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
thanks, I really liked the way it came out myself. The plan is to do all the cladding in black mostaliner down through the rockers. Maybe leave the gold stripe on it gold, maybe not. Haven't decided yet. Also going to mask off the center of the hood and black that similar to the TrailHawk GC's.
you ever think of ordering a sheet of flat black vinyl? cut it to your desired shape and apply it. Get tired of it....peel it off?
would be cool either way... I may have a problem with vehicle mods that require commitment
plastidip ftw! lol
Quote:
I used the Krylon flat on my cladding. Kind of wish I went with semiflat or satin. But either way looks renewed and better than the dull to me gray.
Satin is the way to go. not too shiny, not too flat.
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #36
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whole Idea behind the mostaliner is it's strength and looks. Will add a little strength against a rock chip and is easy to get the mud and dust off. Almost everyone who has done it has said good things about it
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #37
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Don't.

I did that on my ZJ and I hated it, it looks weird. If you're going to paint the cladding black, use something that isn't textured, it looks WAY better.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #38
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post

Don't.

I did that on my ZJ and I hated it, it looks weird. If you're going to paint the cladding black, use something that isn't textured, it looks WAY better.
I've seen zjs with textured cladding, I like it
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #39
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

To each his own I suppose.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #40
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

I've seen zjs with textured cladding, I like it
Do itttttt
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #41
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Actually roughknight, your profile pic where it's desert tan on black. The look i'm headed to
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #42
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Actually roughknight, your profile pic where it's desert tan on black. The look i'm headed to
Going to do desert sand?
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #43
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Going to do desert sand?
eventually.
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #44
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

eventually.
Nice ill be going to this hopefully by fall.
image-1501092556.jpg  
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Nice ill be going to this hopefully by fall.
green monstaliner?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.