TJ's ZJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > TJ's ZJ Build

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Go to advance auto and get an add a circuit. Plugs into a fuse and much safer than doing what you're currently doing. Otherwise, nice work.
Was actually the plan after talking to my dad, since he knows far more about running electrical then I do. Great advice though thank you

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got a sweet deal on these today. 4 with center caps with a wrangler wheel (same back spacing) for $200. On next week or week after
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #18
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

Got a sweet deal on these today. 4 with center caps with a wrangler wheel (same back spacing) for $200. On next week or week after
Me too

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! They look good
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Which Treadwrights did you go with and how are they on road noise?
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Which Treadwrights did you go with and how are they on road noise?
31" A/T Wardens clicky I ordered 6 (full size spare plus one if I get a tear or something). They have a good amount of noise more then stock, but bigger tire so I expected that. Overall for road noise i'll give them a 8/10. They did great at go topless day, without even airing down.

Ok so update on tire review...I did some playin around, found some wet sand and a rutted out track (ok didn't realize how bad of a rut it was until after I went in). I really like these tires. They're not the best in the mud, but they are A/T's not M/T's. They were great in the wet sand/loose dirt I could find. Overall very satisfied...next time I am going to go for the M/T's but with how much my this is my DD I didn't want to burn through the tread on those faster.

As for tomorrow: going to plasti dip my grill black, paint is shot so wtf why not. Same with the vents behind the rear glass. Sun has killed the paint there so going to sand those down some and make those black as well.

New rims next week hopefully. Still waiting to hear from notch customs, their last update pushed their production time another couple weeks at least. When I do get it I'll do a full write up on install and hopefully shortly after I'll get on a trail and test it out.
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Wooot, chargold!
Looks great!
Needs a tj gas bezel haha
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
Wooot, chargold!
Looks great!
Needs a tj gas bezel haha
Got some of the plasti dip on. Will have to upload pics later since jf is still a c*** and messed with picture uploads and still hasn't fixed it.

I'm on the fence of the tj gas bezel lol.
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Got some of the plasti dip on. Will have to upload pics later since jf is still a c*** and messed with picture uploads and still hasn't fixed it.

I'm on the fence of the tj gas bezel lol.
dooo eeet! all the cool kids are doing it.
haha jk
22.jpg  
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

^ Yea! I did it! So I guess I am a cool kid now! lol
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
dooo eeet! all the cool kids are doing it.
haha jk
are all the cool kids leaving their street tires as their full size spare too

I wouldn't mind, i'm currently having a debate about pulling the trigger on an 8.8. But cost is a lot. So if you want to mail me a tj gas bezel for free i'll do it

250 for the axle
350 for the parts and truss (kit from artec)
150-200 for 4.10 gears in the front axle to match up.

800 bucks more than likely just for parts alone.
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So finally at work computer where I can easily size edit. Plasti dipped the rear vents and front bumper. Ended up liking the way it's coming together knowing the future plans. Decided to do the rear license plate area as well to carry the black through. Like the way it came out.

Tip for anyone that does this that's not a pro painter, tape around the area, the get a large sheet of plastic, tape it a good foot or two around, then with an exato blade cut around where you're going to paint(be careful not to cut into your paint). Next tape the plastic to the first layer of painters tape. This will prevent any extra spray. Worked out great for me.
img_20130527_124549_302.jpg   img_20130527_133146_848.jpg   img_20130527_133612_379.jpg   img_20130527_133641_239.jpg  
Unread 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
are all the cool kids leaving their street tires as their full size spare too

I wouldn't mind, i'm currently having a debate about pulling the trigger on an 8.8. But cost is a lot. So if you want to mail me a tj gas bezel for free i'll do it

250 for the axle
350 for the parts and truss (kit from artec)
150-200 for 4.10 gears in the front axle to match up.

800 bucks more than likely just for parts alone.
More cargo room for me... and no tj bezel for you

Never thought of swappin in the D44a?
you need a 8.8 for them beastly 31's?
Unread 05-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #29
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

I like the vents and license plate surround! Really goes good offsetting the color of the Jeep. I may have to copy that...but will use Krylon semi-flat. I find that Plast-Dip gives it a texture that it attracts and keeps dirt. PITA to clean from what I have used on the interior.
Unread 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
More cargo room for me... and no tj bezel for you

Never thought of swappin in the D44a?
you need a 8.8 for them beastly 31's?
who said i'm stopping at 31's? All in time. Everyone advised against a d44a vs the 8.8. Just hoping the d35 doesn't grenade in the mean time.

Longterm plan is to get to 35's with some liberal fender trimming. Gotta figure out what to do about the front axle as well before that happens though. 35's will blow through CV's in no time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.