Parts that are already here
-New Pads & Rotors-Done, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors and Stillen Pads from Kolak
-3.5" RE- Done
-RE Front Adj Track bar & Rear track bar- Done
-Procomp 33x12.5r15- Done
-Uniden 510XL CB radio with FireStik 4' Antenna Done
-JKS Quicker Disco's Done
-Trimmed fenders Done
Future Mods (Pending money and parts
-Steel Bumpers (tube front & rear with tire carrier?)
-"Monstaliner" rocks and cladding black
-Custom Storage Box
More will come as I think of them, but again this is just the beginning!
Fascia came off, i'll post pics below, but it was being held on by 1 tree of the 4 ontop, can't believe it didn't fall off. Half of the plastic in the wheel wells were were unclipped as well, so I ripped all that out, there was a ton of crap behind it so cleaned it all out. So now some mud will get back there, but thats what a power washer is for. Might consider getting a plate tacked in there before winter to keep the salt out.
I'm thinking about doing the bumper from Notch Customs, i'm on their wait list and we'll see what I think come the time they call my number. I do like the tube bumper from KOR, but the price is steep for my budget. I'd love to just bend and weld one myself, but no equipment to do that.
On it's voyage to work the fire captain hit his siren at me, I'm assuming to warn me they don't want me with no bumper cover. So I might grab a strip of sheet metal from Home de-pot and just screw it in to keep them off my back.
Oh and banged that stupid a** strip of steel inside the from wheel wells that's asking to rip open my new tires. BFH made the job easy.
Looks good! I like the setup you've got, looks pretty similar to mine! How do those a/t work? I almost went with those but decided on the treadwright m/t instead.
I'd say go ahead and ditch the fascia, maybe throw some paint on the metal till you build your own.
I really like them so far, Saturday is Go Topless Day, so I'll be testing them out on the trail runs and will report back. I wanted to go with the m/t but it's my dd so didn't want to run them down on the roads.
ok, so the only negative I've found in my set up so far (and it's really not that bad) is my rear track sits on my exhaust. Not a big deal, doesn't squeak or rattle, but won't be going up to the 3" pipes anytime soon haha.
Uniden 510xl. Was adviced to cheap on the cb, get a good antenna. So I got a fire stick 4' antenna. I'm finishing install of the antenna and the radio is suppose to be here tmrw so ill throw that in. Since jf is being a PITA and messed with the photo upload, I can't upload directly from my phone. Don't want to photobucket cuz once they trash their server since you have the free account there goes my build thread. So ill have to download, resize, then upload.
So got the quicker disco's on today. Was actually an easy swap out. As usual for me I over thought the process. they work like a charm. Still need to finish up the tie up so when they're disconnected they don't get in the way.
Also finished up the antenna/cb install and hook up today.
I'll kinda walk though how I did it for those who want to know.
On my first I found a place where I had easy access to the metal body without tearing up the plastic. There's an access panel on the drivers side for the tank release. You can reach all the way through. So I drilled through there and secured the mounting bracket. I pulled the tail light and drilled a large hole to run the coax cable through and out (if you do this, line the cable with extra electrical tape to keep it from getting cut). After that I ran a ground wire (from some 240v wiring cable, so it's the good copper stuff) down through the tail light, behind the rear bumper down to the unibody attachments so it's grounded. got all the lengths right and then taped the ground to the coax cable outside so it looks nice a clean then put the tail light back. After that I ran the cable under the wheel well carpet/floor crack all the way up, under the back seat, under the drivers seat and under the center console. I didn't have time to finish cleaning up the wiring cover up before work so i'll do that tonight.
As for the Cb it self. I wanted it to shut off automatically with a fuse when I turned the key on/off. So I pulled my fuse access panel on the passenger side dash, used the fuse that links with the cigaret lighter (since I don't use it anyways) and jammed it in there. Ran the wire hidden inside the dash and under the VIC. After that I ran a ground directly from my battery along the inside upper wheel well on the passenger side (again using the 240V ground wire) through the fender and through the door jamb. Worked out nicely I think. All the pics are below. Want to see something else or a different angle let me know.
Edit: the reason why I did it in this location ontop of easy of install, is easy of hiding the wiring when not in use. People around here will steal my antenna if I left it on all the time, so now I can take off the wiring and antenna. Put the wiring behind the tail light when not in use (it's 3 bolts and pull for a tail light, so easy access) and just leave the mounting bracket out there