Tj's 01 WJ Build thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tj's 01 WJ Build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #61
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

congrats on the kid!

Unread 07-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #62
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
congrats on the kid!
Thank You!

As you can see from the pics from this weekend, im starting her off early at 2 months old. The following is from the charity even my club helped put on this past weekend calle Crush for Kids. It was a charity event to help rais money for the boys and girls club of cleveland. We managed to raise 694 dollars i believe, which was amazing considering this was the first year.

Unread 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #63
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Figured id put these here, Jeepskool Aug 2011

Finally Jeepskools "mudslinger nick" about went end over end in front of me. Luckily he stopped instead of trying to continue to make it out on his own power. My uncle was able to snap a picture while i was getting my jeep out of the way and heading to grab his winch line. I was rather impressed with the line speed of that 8274 winch he has.

Unread 08-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #64
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

Hey tjswj
You def notice a difference with those variloks?
im mid way through my varilok swap.
What are you running now for a front driveshaft?
r_kelly252 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #65
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_kelly252 View Post
Hey tjswj
You def notice a difference with those variloks?
im mid way through my varilok swap.
What are you running now for a front driveshaft?
The variloks perform amazing offroad! I wasnt to sure about them at first, that was untill i broke my front cv shaft. After a quick tug out of the massive mud hole i fell into, i was able to drive completely out of the overly rutted and muddy trail in 2wd. Although it was challenging and i had to constantly get some running starts, i still made it out under my own power.

Since then ive tried to pay attention, and watch the ls "lock up," and its helped me every time i need it. By no means is it a locker, but i would take them any day over an open diff.

As for the front driveshaft, im running a stock front double cardon shaft out of a 96 v8 zj.
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #66
r_kelly252
2001 WJ 

yeah i want a locker but the wife drives this thing in the winters here in Maine, i def do not need to be pulling my jeep out of ditches everyday. (she couldnt handle a locker on snowy roads)

As for the driveshaft i was just curious as you sold me your carolina in the classifieds here.
i have had 5,000 miles on it so far and have even seen speeds of 85mph (on the speedo, so maybe a lil faster)
The only thing i did have an issue with was a vibration at first install, would come on at 40mph little vibration. so i unbolted the front yoke spun the driveshaft 180degrees and reattached. now im all good!
And have yet to feel any vibration since. I'am at 5 3/4" lift in the front and 5" in the rear.
wheeling i haven't had any serious trips but the usual trails with one other WJ buddy.
Im wondering if that was your problem as well?
I was just curious why you would have gotten rid of your carolina for a stock ZJ one?
r_kelly252 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #67
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

That was one of the other deciding factors of going with variloks, i wanted better traction, but didnt want to have a locker because i hear they dont perform well in the snow. I will get a locker one day, but thats after the variloks wear out.

Got rid of it cause money got tight for a little while with the baby, and i knew i could get some $ out of it and use my spare zj shaft so i didnt have to go without 4wd.
Unread 08-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #68
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

You have to remember about a locker...even though your Jeep might be going into the ditch more often it's not going to get stuck in there.
Unread 11-24-2011, 01:55 AM   #69
WJ_dalton
2000 WJ 

will a zj front ds work on a 2000 limited v8? i was in a squeeze when my factory repenzza ds went out and ended up getting a new one built. needless to say... bad decison i have gone through 3 of them in two months at stock ride hight, all on the shops tab of course. and now im 4wdless while trying to gain a refund from the shop.
WJ_dalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #70
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Zj shafts will work, you will Prolly want one out of a I6 as thjey are shorter than the v8 shafts.
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #71
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

You get the rear bumper yet?

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #72
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
You get the rear bumper yet?
Damn, i forgot all about this thread lol.

Yep i got it, working on putting a new latch on it, along with a jerry can holder, hitch receiver, and welding the crack.

Thanks again!
Unread 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #73
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Good deal. You did get the bearing, washer, castle nut and cap for the swing arm right?

I know I gave your buddy those small parts along with the lug nut socket and he put it in a small tool box.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #74
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

Tj- I waslooking at the pull-a-part website and saw that I could get an entire axle assembly for 125$.
If I found a v8 wj with a 44 and the quadradrive- could I just swap it on? I've done brakes, axle shafts, control arms so I feel like installing it back on to my jeep wouldn't be that hard.
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #75
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty View Post
Tj- I waslooking at the pull-a-part website and saw that I could get an entire axle assembly for 125$.
If I found a v8 wj with a 44 and the quadradrive- could I just swap it on? I've done brakes, axle shafts, control arms so I feel like installing it back on to my jeep wouldn't be that hard.
it would be very easy to swap that axle in. there is a good write up here on jeep forum. search around a little bit

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.