Tj's 01 WJ Build thread - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tj's 01 WJ Build thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #376
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9
keep us up to date on the dual battery setup. I am looking to do the same thing in the future. I like where you are going with your setup and might like a parts list from you in the future.
x2

Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #377
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Keep us up to date on the dual battery setup. I am looking to do the same thing in the future. I like where you are going with your setup and might like a parts list from you in the future.
Thanks. This thread will be updated as I go along. Ive been trying to get started on it, but working 60+ hour weeks makes it hard to find time for the wj. Im trying to take a day off next week though, so expect some progress then. Probably monday or tuesday.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #378
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Well, same update as always. A bunch of new stuff, and no time to install it. We just got our salvage license at the shop, so getting that part of the business up and running as well as working out all of the bugs is just killing my time. As of right now my job title is ASE Master Certified Technician/Auto repair manager/shop manager/loader operator/scrap car crushing manager/salvage lot organizer/ salvage co-manager. Ya, WAY too much right now! But, thats life when operating a family business.

Oh, and not to mention my little repair/fab business that I do on the side. Thats been going pretty good too. Its kinda crazy though that its been nothing but grands in the shop lol.

wk 4.7L for valve cover gaskets

wk for a drivers front axle that was froze into the diff. I also did the lift on this one. He also has my wj's street tires/wheels installed in these pics. Normally he has the factory wheels with 265/70-17 treadwrights.

wj for a 247-242 swap.

After those I was able to get my wj back on the lift to pull the t-case back out and add the terra low kit to it.

Thats where it sits for now, both t-cases are sitting on the bench waiting to be torn down and combined. The case going back into my wj will be a 231hd with wide chain kit, terra 2wd lo, terra 4 to 1 low, and a sye kit. The remaining parts will be put into a 231 with an sye that will be going into my buddies YJ

In between everything ive been order parts as ive found deals on them.

Purchased a set of used 3/4 ton hp44 knuckles that have already been milled,drilled,and tapped for highsteer. They included high steer arms, chevy brake conversion brackets, moog ball joints (will be getting warrantied out) and a slightly used set of mile marker hubs. I just threw the one on the axle to see how everything looked. They will be getting a serious cleaning, as well as new bearings and seals before full install.

Also got a hell of a deal on a brand new master gear install kit for the 10.25

On my lunch breaks ive been messing around with the axles a little bit. Have the 10.25 up against the wall, the hp44 in front of that, then a junk wj d30 in front of that in order to get some measurements for bracket placement.

Picked up a rust free gas tank SKID. Not one of the thin little brush guards. Now that I have this the tank lift can happen.

I also ordered a ARB locker for the 44 thats used. Bought it from the same guy I purchased the knuckles from. There was some slight confusion about what spline count it was at first (he thought it was a 35 spline at first so I wasnt interested) or I would have picked it up with the knuckles. After he got home and actually checked, it was a 30 spline. So now that will be coming in the mail sometime soon.

There is another wheeling trip planned for the 1st of March that I would like to make. Ill probably get the transfer case installed, maybe hydro assist too before then. But I REALLY dont want to miss this one, so if it gets too close just the t-case will be going in untill after.

The dual battery setup is on hold untill I order a different battery box. Just want to change plans a little bit, so a new box will be ordered soon. If anyone is looking for a ballistic fab battery box feel free to pm me as I have one available.
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #379
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Started tearing into the t-cases to combine the best parts of the 231HD I just built with the teralow unit.
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #380
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Made some other purchases as well. Mostly for the little fab shop im trying to put together.

Swag Hydraulic Upgrade for the Model 32 bender.

Bunch of stuff for the shop from harbor freight. I swear that HF is the way to go for things that your not going to constantly abuse. A hole jeeps worth of supplies for under $300!
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #381
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

you look busy...good luck!
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #382
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
you look busy...good luck!
Lol yeah, life has just been crazy busy lately. Thanks though!

Some pics, because everyone likes pics.

My park job at the shop today. All the premium parking was taken lol

Got the bender assembled. Now I just need to build a stand for it, as well as mount the hydraulic ram.

Painted all the Swag Off Road ram mount brackets painted

While I was painting things I painted the tera housing aluminum color, to match the rear case half the I had previously painted in the 231hd

And thats it for now. Once the paint dries ill get the t-case assembled again. Then hopefully its out for a wheeling trip on the 1st. After that, ill bring it back in for some more upgrades.
Unread 03-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #383
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

We need some updates!! One of my favorite builds. I want to see how the dual battery works out. I'll be doing one very soon.
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #384
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
We need some updates!! One of my favorite builds. I want to see how the dual battery works out. I'll be doing one very soon.
as much as Id like to give an update, i dont really have one. I still havent been able to take a day off, so not much has changed. T-case is ready for re-assembly so that will be first on the list. Then since everyone seems to be asking for it, ill do the dual battery setup next.

Pics to keep you guys at bay for now lol.

The 44's ARB that recently came in the mail.

A die set for the bender. 1 3/4, 180*, 6.5" radius

Some of the smashed up jeeps we have been buying.

I should have a day or two off in this coming week. Im finally starting to get caught up to the point that I can afford a day off without the shop getting behind. Ill get you guys some updates then.
Unread 06-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #385
mustangwarrior
2001 WJ 

hey, tried to pm you but it wouldn't go through, but anyway I might need someone to wheel with at SOR on July 5th if you are interested in meeting up. I'm yet to go this year and itching to get out.
Unread 06-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #386
derekmac

2002 WJ 

I just finished reading the whole build thread, and man, what a great job you have done!
Future: 4" lift and lockers
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #387
LSRGreg
2004 WJ 

Sub'd for the hydro assist install! Looking good man!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.