Tj's 01 WJ Build thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tj's 01 WJ Build thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Reply
Unread 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #211
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 1,495
Greg had a pretty janky p/s system. Factory hoses doing circles cuz he has done some body work.

But he's completely redoing it with all new lines and pump with a massive cooler. It should be pretty nice when its done.

__________________
99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #212
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
lol, I stand corrected. Im sure whatever he is planning its going to be sick!
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #213
CountryRebel60
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lawley, Alabama
Posts: 15
you need to pimp that yota out haha. let loose with some camo paint on that thing
CountryRebel60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #214
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
That actually might not be a bad idea. It would help cover up the massive bondo fail on the drivers rear quarter panel. I very well may have to do that. Maybe we will have a camo paint party next time your up.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #215
CountryRebel60
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lawley, Alabama
Posts: 15
hell yea and paint the punisher symbol on the hood!
CountryRebel60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #216
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Hows working on the assist doing? I pulled the trigger on the pump and reservoir, will probably be getting the rest here soon. We'll probably be doing ours around the same time, we could have a hydro install party.



Basically just waiting to get everything aligned and make sure there are no steering issues before throwing anything on.
__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #217
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
I just got the rebuild kit in yesterday, sadly its not a "rebuild" kit per say, more of just a complete seal kit since it didnt include any bearings. After looking for a second time I cant seem to find a kit that includes any bearings, so im just going to use the seal kit.

Now that my hectic schedule is slowing down I can start getting back to doing little things on my lunch breaks at work. So today ill be going out back and pulling a gear box out of one of the parts wj's and I should be tearing into it tonight or tomorrow.

What pump/resi kit did you go with? Im not going to do a pump upgrade yet, but that factory style aluminum reservoir that PSC is blowing out right now looks pretty damn sexy. Im thinking of ordering it when I order my ram. Im still trying to figure out wether to go with a 1.5" bore or a 1.75" bore ram. Im leaning towards the 1.5" since the wj see's a lot of street driving, especially in winter. Im worried the 1.75 would be too slow for a street vehicle, but im waiting to hear back from PSC.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #218
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRebel60 View Post
hell yea and paint the punisher symbol on the hood!
lol a punisher symbol might be a little much for the little toyota lol. But who knows what would happen with You, Cricks, Yuhas, and I getting together for the paint job lol.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #219
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
I just got the rebuild kit in yesterday, sadly its not a "rebuild" kit per say, more of just a complete seal kit since it didnt include any bearings. After looking for a second time I cant seem to find a kit that includes any bearings, so im just going to use the seal kit.

Now that my hectic schedule is slowing down I can start getting back to doing little things on my lunch breaks at work. So today ill be going out back and pulling a gear box out of one of the parts wj's and I should be tearing into it tonight or tomorrow.

What pump/resi kit did you go with? Im not going to do a pump upgrade yet, but that factory style aluminum reservoir that PSC is blowing out right now looks pretty damn sexy. Im thinking of ordering it when I order my ram. Im still trying to figure out wether to go with a 1.5" bore or a 1.75" bore ram. Im leaning towards the 1.5" since the wj see's a lot of street driving, especially in winter. Im worried the 1.75 would be too slow for a street vehicle, but im waiting to hear back from PSC.
I got the remote res kit. The ones that are on sale are on sale for a reason, and that's because they suck and cause cavitation. There have been threads on here about that specific res and the problems were fixed when putting the remote on which has baffling and whatnot. I even talked to Lance last week and said I didn't want to run the built in aluminum res one they make and he said "Yeah you definitely don't want that for an assist kit, you want the remote res pump kit."

There is a reason all the good assist/full hydro setups have a remote res, and the placement of it is just as important. I would run the aluminum tank replacement res if I was just upgrading the steering pump and that's it.
__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #220
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Yep, after looking into it, with free shipping and $25 more you can have this, and it has a big *** 10AN feed to the pump.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56112_8017.htm
__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #221
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Here is that Reservoir with baffling and the filter.



__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #222
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
Yeah, Ill prolly just go that route then. I just didnt want to try and find a place to mount it, but that shouldnt be too much of an issue.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #223
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
Yeah, Ill prolly just go that route then. I just didnt want to try and find a place to mount it, but that shouldnt be too much of an issue.
Reading on their site too, it looks like you want the reservoir above the pump inlet if possible, and less than 16" away. Crazy how much small things matter, but then again you are dealing with moving a lot of fluid at a high psi.
__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #224
TJSWJ
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olmsted Falls, ohio
Posts: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
Reading on their site too, it looks like you want the reservoir above the pump inlet if possible, and less than 16" away. Crazy how much small things matter, but then again you are dealing with moving a lot of fluid at a high psi.
Yeah that fancy stuff is going to have to wait for now. Im just going to stick to the original plan and use the stock pump and see how it works.

Got a gearbox out of a parts wj today and got it on my bench. I started looking at it and realized I ordered the wrong size fittings. I ordered 3/8npt when I needed 1/4npt. So Ive got new fittings and a tap on the way, should all be here friday.


As far as the ram goes, the wj steering has 6" of travel. Perfect for a 6" ram. But, keeping in mind the axles im building, I may need a larger ram down the road once the new axles are finished. Now im torn. Do I order the 6" ram and use it untill the axles are ready? Or do I order the 8" ram and internally limit it, that way I buy it once and am done? The second option is more work obviously. Im leaning towards getting the 6" and using it, then selling it when I need the larger one.
__________________
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/"]4.5" Claytons, 33's, 231hd, locked, and more. Click here for details[/URL]
TJSWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #225
TroubleNEO
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amherst, OH
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
Yeah that fancy stuff is going to have to wait for now. Im just going to stick to the original plan and use the stock pump and see how it works.

Got a gearbox out of a parts wj today and got it on my bench. I started looking at it and realized I ordered the wrong size fittings. I ordered 3/8npt when I needed 1/4npt. So Ive got new fittings and a tap on the way, should all be here friday.


As far as the ram goes, the wj steering has 6" of travel. Perfect for a 6" ram. But, keeping in mind the axles im building, I may need a larger ram down the road once the new axles are finished. Now im torn. Do I order the 6" ram and use it untill the axles are ready? Or do I order the 8" ram and internally limit it, that way I buy it once and am done? The second option is more work obviously. Im leaning towards getting the 6" and using it, then selling it when I need the larger one.
You shouldn't have an issue selling the 6" ram once you're done with it, thats the same stroke I just ordered....
__________________
Looking for: 03-06 interior plastic trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.