Tj's 01 WJ Build thread - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Tj's 01 WJ Build thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #166
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
Replacement value is only is what you paid for the parts and that is what it was insured for. You cant expect to get a full refund at retail value when you paid for used parts. You are forfeiting the insurance to cover your cost and that of the seller for what? Greed? Or, do you expect to recover $6-700 dollars, retail price, for used parts when you paid hald that for parts, shipping and insurance? The gearbox alone with the labor to tap it is worth what you paid for the whole kit, does that make the sale even then? Since, it appears you want replacement at full retail price of a bew kit.

I paid 360 (not counting the extra 10 dollars I gave you for the hassle of accepting two different payments) dollars for a steering gear box, 2 hydraulic hoses, a mounting kit, and rod ends. I received a gear box and 2 shredded hydraulic hoses. The package was insured for 60 dollars LESS than what I paid. So if I USPS pay out the insurance am I just out that 60 dollars? Dont forget that when the pay the insurance claim, they take what parts I did receive. Its not like Ill be getting a 300 dollar paycheck as well as getting to keep the gearbox and the hoses.

I dont expect new parts from you because I purchased used parts. But I did pay you for a complete kit expecting to receive just that. A complete kit

I figured it was a fair deal if I were to eat the cost of the hoses (49.00), the rod ends (22.00), the hardware kit (28.00) dollars, as well as all the new part shipping cost, if you paid for the ram (160.00). How is that not generous? How is it greedy?

600-700 retail price? Where are you getting your prices at? The complete kit BRAND NEW is 499!

The gearbox being tapped to accept hydraulic fittings is worth what I paid for everything (360)....? Um try again, the gearbox with a full rebuild and tap is only 140.00

Dont believe me? http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.co...osteering.html

Listen dude, I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of parts here on jeepforum alone. Not once ever have I screwed anyone! So this whole thing you made up in your head that im trying to get over on you is just insane!

ASK ANYONE ive done business with.

Daniel BAMA_WJ Hell I just finished a thousand dollar transaction with him a little while back, not to mention all the other parts I have bought from him prior to that sale. Who do you think got my old hydro assist setup? Guess what, he received it all in one piece too!

Buck89- Sold him a wj wheel

Ranger94- Purchased 2 different mufflers from him

flightmedic238- Sold him a cargo cover

jerrod710- Sold him a transmission

mrJ- Sold him 44a parts

Want more names?

I hope you get what Ive been telling you this entire time. Its not my fault that you didnt package the parts properly, nor insure them for replacement value.

Im not here to get over on ANYONE! I JUST WANT WHAT THE HELL I PAID FOR!

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #167
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Yea, never a problem dealing with TJ. Would never hesitate to do business with him. He's a stand up guy.

And now that I realize that it's between you two, I'll bow out of this now.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #168
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Replacement value is only is what you paid for the parts and that is what it was insured for. You cant expect to get a full refund at retail value when you paid for used parts.

You dont think I deserve new parts since I paid for used parts, FINE. Find all those parts in used but working condition and ship them too me! Be sure to insure them for actual value this time!

If you need an example of the proper way to insure an item, take this for instance. Over on pirate4x4.com I sold The Donzi a very well used, early production Warn 8274 for 650 dollars. You know how much I insured it for? 1100.00! Why? because thats how much a new one cost!
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #169
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Yea, never a problem dealing with TJ. Would never hesitate to do business with him. He's a stand up guy.

And now that I realize that it's between you two, I'll bow out of this now.
Thank you sir! Pleasure doing business with you as well!
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #170
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
As crappy as it is, I would just get some new hoses made. To much hassle for what it's worth, IMO.
if it was just a set of hoses I wouldnt worry. Its the ram that is important
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #171
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
I paid 360 (not counting the extra 10 dollars I gave you for the hassle of accepting two different payments) dollars for a steering gear box, 2 hydraulic hoses, a mounting kit, and rod ends. I received a gear box and 2 shredded hydraulic hoses. The package was insured for 60 dollars LESS than what I paid. So if I USPS pay out the insurance am I just out that 60 dollars? Dont forget that when the pay the insurance claim, they take what parts I did receive. Its not like Ill be getting a 300 dollar paycheck as well as getting to keep the gearbox and the hoses.

I dont expect new parts from you because I purchased used parts. But I did pay you for a complete kit expecting to receive just that. A complete kit

I figured it was a fair deal if I were to eat the cost of the hoses (49.00), the rod ends (22.00), the hardware kit (28.00) dollars, as well as all the new part shipping cost, if you paid for the ram (160.00). How is that not generous? How is it greedy?

600-700 retail price? Where are you getting your prices at? The complete kit BRAND NEW is 499!

The gearbox being tapped to accept hydraulic fittings is worth what I paid for everything (360)....? Um try again, the gearbox with a full rebuild and tap is only 140.00

Dont believe me? http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.co...osteering.html

Listen dude, I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of parts here on jeepforum alone. Not once ever have I screwed anyone! So this whole thing you made up in your head that im trying to get over on you is just insane!

ASK ANYONE ive done business with.

Daniel BAMA_WJ Hell I just finished a thousand dollar transaction with him a little while back, not to mention all the other parts I have bought from him prior to that sale. Who do you think got my old hydro assist setup? Guess what, he received it all in one piece too!

Buck89- Sold him a wj wheel

Ranger94- Purchased 2 different mufflers from him

flightmedic238- Sold him a cargo cover

jerrod710- Sold him a transmission

mrJ- Sold him 44a parts

Want more names?

I hope you get what Ive been telling you this entire time. Its not my fault that you didnt package the parts properly, nor insure them for replacement value.

Im not here to get over on ANYONE! I JUST WANT WHAT THE HELL I PAID FOR!

You wanna screw me outta $200 more, then let PayPal do it. You have submitted the claim but I will not dish it out willingly. I insured the parts for what you paid for the parts, take the insurance and Ill send you your $60.00. You can find another gear box, ram, hoses and mounting tab for $360 shipped. Box was packaged well and reinforced, it states so on the receipt; claim the insurance.

$499.00 is for a kit if you supply your own gear box.

Regardless of how you want to justify it your loss at most would only be what you paid. Insuring it for more than what one pays for seems like a scam, pay 360 and claim $700; insurance fraud.

We agreed id give you a refund if you ship on your dime if the parts didn't work. It seems like the parts don't work, whats the problem now? The only person at a loss here is me, I cant claim the insurance cause you are being greedy. I wont have my ram or tabs, hoses got ruined and the gearbox would probable return in pieces after your done with. Instead of going after USPS for the claim you come at me, s hit happens and it did. It wasn't due to my negligence but rather fault lies with USPS.

Claim the insurance, ill send you your $60 and call a loss of a good deal ruined by USPS.
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #172
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

3.2 Evidence of Value

The customer (either the mailer or the addressee) must submit acceptable evidence to establish the cost or value of the article at the time it was mailed. For claims submitted online, the evidence may be scanned and uploaded or sent via First-Class Mail to Domestic Claims, Accounting Services (see 608.8.0). Other evidence may be requested to help determine an accurate value. Examples of acceptable evidence are:

a. Sales receipt, invoice or bill of sale, or statement of value from a reputable dealer.

b. For items valued up to $100, the customer’s own statement describing the lost or damaged article and including the date and place of purchase, the amount paid, and whether the item was new or used (only if a sales receipt or invoice is not available). If the article mailed is a hobby, craft, or similar handmade item, the statement must include the cost of the materials used in making the item. The statement must describe the article in sufficient detail to determine whether the value claimed is accurate.

c. Picture from a catalog showing the value of a similar article (only if a sales receipt, invoice, or statement of value from a reputable dealer is not available). The date and place of purchase must be included.

d. Paid repair bills; if the claim is for partial damage, estimates of repair costs or appraisals from a reputable dealer. Repair costs may not exceed the original purchase price.

e. Receipt or invoice for the costs incurred to buy a surety bond required to reissue a lost item.

f. Receipt or invoice of costs incurred for the reconstruction of nonnegotiable documents.

g. A copy of a canceled check, money order receipt, credit card statement, or other documentation indicating the amount paid. For Internet purchases, a copy of the front and back of the canceled check, money order, or a copy of the credit card billing statement is required.

h. For Internet transactions conducted through a Web-based payment network that offers payment services through a stored value account, provide a computer printout of the online transaction identifying the purchaser and seller, price paid, date of transaction, description of item purchased, and assurance that the transaction status is completed. The printout must clearly identify the Web-based payment network provider through which the Internet transaction was conducted.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #173
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
You wanna screw me outta $200 more, then let PayPal do it.
screw you out of 200? A ram cost 160, I told you I would pay shipping

You have submitted the claim but I will not dish it out willingly. I insured the parts for what you paid for the parts, take the insurance and Ill send you your $60.00. no you insured the parts for 60 less than what I paid, which is why you would have to come out of pocket

You can find another gear box, ram, hoses and mounting tab for $360 shipped. Box was packaged well and reinforced, it states so on the receipt; claim the insurance.

$499.00 is for a kit if you supply your own gear box.

Regardless of how you want to justify it your loss at most would only be what you paid. Insuring it for more than what one pays for seems like a scam, pay 360 and claim $700; insurance fraud.
claim 700? who is doing that? I went to the post office with all the paperwork and pictures, along with estimates of replacement parts. I didnt ask for the full insured amount, I asked for 259. The cost (minus shipping) for replacements

We agreed id give you a refund if you ship on your dime if the parts didn't work. It seems like the parts don't work, whats the problem now?
Your right, thats what we agreed on. We did NOT however agree that I would eat shipping if I failed to receive half the parts I paid for.

The only person at a loss here is me, I cant claim the insurance cause you are being greedy. I wont have my ram or tabs, hoses got ruined and the gearbox would probable return in pieces after your done with. Instead of going after USPS for the claim you come at me, s hit happens and it did. It wasn't due to my negligence but rather fault lies with USPS.
actually you could claim the insurance when you receive the parts back. Hell Ill even send you all my pictures that I had printed along with estimates from West Texas Offroad in the box i ship you the gearbox and hoses in. But Im not loosing 30 dollars or whatever shipping will be because something went bad on your end. Send a call slip then! Gear box return in pieces, really dude?

Claim the insurance, ill send you your $60 and call a loss of a good deal ruined by USPS. Done, Ill go back to the post office AGAIN tomorrow.

And if by some chance I go to the post office again tomorrow, and they let me keep the gearbox while paying the insurance payment. Guess what, Ill send it to ya (minus the 160 for a new ram) cause thats just how damn nice of a guy I am. I dont need nor do I want money that doesnt belong to me!
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #174
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bottom line is you're a cheap arse for not insuring the shipment for what the parts are worth. You have no business selling parts online if you're not willing to pay the little bit extra to have them insured for what they cost, I've never shipped parts without doing that. Cost of doing business on forums as this situation is bound to happen sooner or later if you sell enough stuff online.

On top of that, it looks like it was shipped like crap. How much tape is on the outside of that box TJ? Last time I shipped something that heavy I double boxed it.

TJ is a stand up guy. He has been one of only a handful of people to work on my Jeep, always comes through when he says he will do something, and has owed me hundreds of dollars on good faith before and always paid every penny in a timely manner.

If you used Paypal TJ I would give them a call, and be sure to provide them with copies of all your communication. Paypal is usually pretty good about screwing sellers. If he did not offer you the option for insurance that is something that Paypal will side with you on, because you did nothing wrong.

This is both the fault of the seller and the shipper imo, lack of packaging combined with machine sorting tears heavy boxes apart if they're not packed well.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #175
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
3.2 Evidence of Value

The customer (either the mailer or the addressee) must submit acceptable evidence to establish the cost or value of the article at the time it was mailed. For claims submitted online, the evidence may be scanned and uploaded or sent via First-Class Mail to Domestic Claims, Accounting Services (see 608.8.0). Other evidence may be requested to help determine an accurate value. Examples of acceptable evidence are:

a. Sales receipt, invoice or bill of sale, or statement of value from a reputable dealer.

b. For items valued up to $100, the customerís own statement describing the lost or damaged article and including the date and place of purchase, the amount paid, and whether the item was new or used (only if a sales receipt or invoice is not available). If the article mailed is a hobby, craft, or similar handmade item, the statement must include the cost of the materials used in making the item. The statement must describe the article in sufficient detail to determine whether the value claimed is accurate.

c. Picture from a catalog showing the value of a similar article (only if a sales receipt, invoice, or statement of value from a reputable dealer is not available). The date and place of purchase must be included.

d. Paid repair bills; if the claim is for partial damage, estimates of repair costs or appraisals from a reputable dealer. Repair costs may not exceed the original purchase price.

e. Receipt or invoice for the costs incurred to buy a surety bond required to reissue a lost item.

f. Receipt or invoice of costs incurred for the reconstruction of nonnegotiable documents.

g. A copy of a canceled check, money order receipt, credit card statement, or other documentation indicating the amount paid. For Internet purchases, a copy of the front and back of the canceled check, money order, or a copy of the credit card billing statement is required.

h. For Internet transactions conducted through a Web-based payment network that offers payment services through a stored value account, provide a computer printout of the online transaction identifying the purchaser and seller, price paid, date of transaction, description of item purchased, and assurance that the transaction status is completed. The printout must clearly identify the Web-based payment network provider through which the Internet transaction was conducted.
I dont know why you keep showing me this. Ive read it a hundred times while filing all the proper paperwork. Maybe you should read it though, because remember, you told me that I had to do all the work to file the insurance claim.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #176
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
Bottom line is you're a cheap arse for not insuring the shipment for what the parts are worth. You have no business selling parts online if you're not willing to pay the little bit extra to have them insured for what they cost, I've never shipped parts without doing that. Cost of doing business on forums as this situation is bound to happen sooner or later if you sell enough stuff online.

On top of that, it looks like it was shipped like crap. How much tape is on the outside of that box TJ? Last time I shipped something that heavy I double boxed it.

TJ is a stand up guy. He has been one of only a handful of people to work on my Jeep, always comes through when he says he will do something, and has owed me hundreds of dollars on good faith before and always paid every penny in a timely manner.

If you used Paypal TJ I would give them a call, and be sure to provide them with copies of all your communication. Paypal is usually pretty good about screwing sellers. If he did not offer you the option for insurance that is something that Paypal will side with you on, because you did nothing wrong.

This is both the fault of the seller and the shipper imo, lack of packaging combined with machine sorting tears heavy boxes apart if they're not packed well.
Thanks for the kind words my friend. Hopefully after another trip to the post office tomorrow this will all be resolved. If not, paypal has already been notified.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #177
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Box was packaged well and reinforced, it states so on the receipt; claim the insurance.
This does not look to be the case. I see a normal cardboard box and some shredded cardboard, insulation, or whatever the hell that is thrown in there. Post more pictures of the packaging TJ.

Quote:
and the gearbox would probable return in pieces after your done with.
What are you trying to say? That TJ would intentionally damage the gear box? You're an asshat dude.

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #178
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post

I dont know why you keep showing me this. Ive read it a hundred times while filing all the proper paperwork. Maybe you should read it though, because remember, you told me that I had to do all the work to file the insurance claim.
Thats right, you have the contents and everything else that was in there when they repackaged it all sh itty like your buddy said up there.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #179
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
This does not look to be the case. I see a normal cardboard box and some shredded cardboard, insulation, or whatever the hell that is thrown in there. Post more pictures of the packaging TJ.

In his defense, USPS had to rebox it all because it fell apart, So thats not his original box. Even after the re-box, it still was a crappy job

What are you trying to say? That TJ would intentionally damage the gear box? You're an asshat dude.

10char
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #180
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:

That normal cardboard box is not mine. Dude, if you dont know then keep it that way.

Yes I am an asshat and I dont know what he would do, do you? Good. Seems like he is your buddy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.