JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   Tj's 01 WJ Build thread (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjs-01-wj-build-thread-1023461/)

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:32 PM

Tj's 01 WJ Build thread

2 Attachment(s)
Well figured I would start my own build thread, seeing as how I have gotten so many ideas of others thread, I figure maybe I can do the same for someone else so here it goes.

Cant find any pictures of when i bought it new, so ill just start with the oldest pics! Right after purchasing it I went to a local off road shop and ordered a 2in bb and some US Wheel D windows

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It stayed that way for a couple of years while I was in college at wyo tech in PA. Then a few months after I graduated the motor started knocking a bit (with only 90000 miles on it) But i just rolled with it seeing as how there was not much i could do. 9000 miles later the #6 wrist pin let go and slammed the piston into the head and locking the motor. After a month or two i was able to afford a BRAND NEW crate motor, so in she went.

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And again she stayed that way untill recently when we got a 99 wj with a 4in lift as a trade in at our car lot. After that (which was only a few months ago) the jeep bug bit me again! And i apologize for the pics, no digital camera all from my blackberry
The first pic is the "donar jeep"

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Then I decided to bedline the grill, i think it came out pretty good. I also added some lights up front.

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Recently i got bored and decided to bedline the spare tire bucket. Then thanks to gatorayde and JF's classifieds I got a carolina double cardon front d/s.

TJSWJ 04-30-2010 07:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And thats about it for now, plans are for some IRO stage 2 sliders, IRO transfer case skid, roof rack with lights, and a hi-lift. And after i can afford a tube bender new front bumper and a new bumper with swing away tire mount will be added. Just have a few random pics i forgot to throw in.

TJSWJ 08-25-2010 09:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well its been awhile since i have actually remembered to upload pics to this. So ill just post what all ive done in the past few months. First would be the double cardan front shaft. Then the rear tailgate lighting and accessory outlet.

TJSWJ 08-25-2010 09:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Then today i started installing the tow hooks i got from bama. While having the cover off i sanded and painted the core support and bumper reinforcement. First I primed it with rust inhibitor then I bedlined it. Oh also on my way home without the bumper cover on my wheel liners decided to "self trim"

TJSWJ 08-26-2010 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tow hooks installed

00JGC00 08-26-2010 09:59 PM

Where did you get those lights for the lift gate and are they 12V?

TJSWJ 08-26-2010 10:23 PM

I got them at home depot, they are made by hampton bay, and they were 30 bucks for the set of 3. Yes they are 12 volt, but they are ment for home interior lighting so they come with a 120V to 12v converter. Just dont use the converter and your good to go. There is a write up on around here somewhere for it. They dont look like they are worth a crap when you turn them on during the day, but at night they are super bright. They come gold, i just took them apart and bedlined them for a sort of rugged look.

00JGC00 08-27-2010 08:21 AM

I really like it and want to do the same thing or at least something similar. It'd be great for when I'm hitching up the trailer at night. :thumbsup:

Bama_WJ 08-27-2010 05:07 PM

I really wanted to do that back hatch light mod, but never seemed to get around to it. They look like they would be bright as hell.

Hooks look good though. The back one go on fine?

TJSWJ 08-27-2010 05:12 PM

after looking at the rear hook, i didnt think it would work with my rear tow hitch. And if it would fit in there i didnt think the bolts would be long enough. Plus i noticed it was a little bent to, and after that front bracket being such a pain to straighten, i just decided not to use it.

Bama_WJ 08-27-2010 05:18 PM

Oh I see. I didn't think about it working or not with a hitch. And yea, it was a tad bent. Worked great on mine though. Maybe my dub was special. :laugh:

The time now is 01:56 PM.