Think Twice Garage's Project TPFB - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Think Twice Garage's Project TPFB

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #526
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fall Crawl is coming up next weekend so I decided to address some issues before I took this toilet out again.

For starters I pulled the shaft to replace the ujoint. It turns out I was too lazy/stupid to use full circles last time, and that's probably why I spit a cap, which wallowed out one of the ears on the stub.

Then I popped the diff cover to see why my stupid locker was being stupid. It turns out I broke the pins again, but at least this time I got them out without having to pull the carrier and ring gear.

Next was checking on my tweaked unibody rail up front. I noticed this a few months back, and not sure if it happened when I rolled it or one of the times I smashed that Jay Leno wannabe ARB. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but that bump along the bottom if the rail isn't supposed to be there, and right above that the outside of the rail is pinched in close to an inch.

So I slapped a quick plate over it to try to keep this piece of **** alive a little longer. While I was in there I welded the inner fenderwell back to the unibody where it had started to separate.

That's all the love this thing is going to get for now, hopefully I'll get some good action shots this weekend.

99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #527
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your ZJ is going to look like a quilt with all of those patches
ibjeepin95 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #528
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
That's all the love this thing is going to get for now, hopefully I'll get some good action shots this weekend.
Are you guys actually going to wheel this time or just go out snap some pics in the woods and go skinny dipping again?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #529
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Are you guys actually going to wheel this time or just go out snap some pics in the woods and go skinny dipping again?
It's a little cold to go skinny dipping, but that certainly doesn't mean we're goin to wheel. What trail are you on? I got switched from Wayne's World to Upper Wambus, which is actually one of my favorites.
www.undergroundjeeps.net
Unread 09-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #530
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a little cold to go skinny dipping, but that certainly doesn't mean we're goin to wheel. What trail are you on? I got switched from Wayne's World to Upper Wambus, which is actually one of my favorites.
Haha I figured you would say its a bit cold...

And actually as much as I really wanted to go, I can't. Def be there next year. Had I signed up, it would have been for Wayne's World tho, sucks that it was shut down.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #531
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is this pile of crap still alive??
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #532
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Is this pile of crap still alive??
Ehh yeah I guess. I wheeled the NEA Fall Crawl and destroyed the rear driveshaft when I landed on it. After that it sat for over a month, I moved into Boston so I'm ~30 minutes from the jeep now and rent has taken up most of my play money. I also took a trip out to Moab with a few friends for almost two weeks, which was incredible but pretty pricey. I aired up the two flats and bolted in a new driveshaft last weekend in anticipation of wheeling on the 17th, but then I got a hernia at work this week so I'm pretty much down for the count for a month. The worst part is I can't drive stick while I'm hurt, so I can't even drive it for fun right now.

Short answer, yes
www.undergroundjeeps.net
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #533
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch
Ehh yeah I guess. I wheeled the NEA Fall Crawl and destroyed the rear driveshaft when I landed on it. After that it sat for over a month, I moved into Boston so I'm ~30 minutes from the jeep now and rent has taken up most of my play money. I also took a trip out to Moab with a few friends for almost two weeks, which was incredible but pretty pricey. I aired up the two flats and bolted in a new driveshaft last weekend in anticipation of wheeling on the 17th, but then I got a hernia at work this week so I'm pretty much down for the count for a month. The worst part is I can't drive stick while I'm hurt, so I can't even drive it for fun right now. Short answer, yes
What a depressing update...
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #534
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

And get better dude, a hernia is nothing to mess with!
Unread 12-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #535
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are you better yet? This build is full of gay.
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #536
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Are you better yet? This build is full of gay.
I just had surgery last week and I'm getting better finally. I wheeled a few weeks ago, I think you saw the pictures on instagram? I'm hoping to wheel once or twice in the next month then I think the part out is going to start. I know I know I'm a ***** blahblahblah, but there's a lot behind the decision. I'll be doing a mild build on my XJ in the spring, nothing crazy but I'll post about it when it happens.
www.undergroundjeeps.net
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #537
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'll be doing a mild build on my XJ in the spring, nothing crazy but I'll post about it when it happens.
you've had the same idea for 2 straight days???
billyjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #538
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sub'd

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #539
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch
I just had surgery last week and I'm getting better finally. I wheeled a few weeks ago, I think you saw the pictures on instagram? I'm hoping to wheel once or twice in the next month then I think the part out is going to start. I know I know I'm a ***** blahblahblah, but there's a lot behind the decision. I'll be doing a mild build on my XJ in the spring, nothing crazy but I'll post about it when it happens.
So I'll be able to wheel with you at NACfest and you'll be in one of those loser XJ's? Awesome!
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #540
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So I'll be able to wheel with you at NACfest and you'll be in one of those loser XJ's? Awesome!
Not sure if I'm going to make it to NACfest this year yet, but probably not.

Jeep is gutted, and almost everything is sold. It kind of sucks, but I got a good look at some of the bad spots on the unibody with the drivetrain out and it wasn't going to live too much longer.

I have plans to do a mild DD/weekend wheeler build on my XJ, I'll post up a link when I start a thread.
www.undergroundjeeps.net

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.