The stupid mistakes thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > The stupid mistakes thread

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
You thought wrong.
Cheating on your wife is not a joke, and if you think it is, ask her if she thinks it's funny.
Looks like this is a very touchy subject for you.

Let's move on!!!! Another stupid thing i did was spend a lot of money on a girlfriend last summer when i could've spent it on the jeep.

Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i would say my biggest mistake is not coming up with a build plan first. ive spent alot of money on bulding things twice or more. ive gone from 31s, 6 months later 33s, then 1 year later 35, now 36s and 35s. way to much money
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
rustynail
1996 ZJ 

I should have put more thought into landing that mountain bike jump Just because I've landed it 50 times in the past didn't mean I shouldn't have stopped to eye it up just like I did every other time. Here's surgery #1 and #4. I'm currently 6 weeks out from surgery #7, 3 1/2 years later. Don't take workplace benefits like long term disability for granted.

5.9 ORVIS 33x12.5 MTR-Kevlar, 7" fr adj IR LA's, 7" rr adj RE SF SA's, adj JKS TB's, RE SB disc, RE Springs, JKS ACOS, 13" RS9000XL's, OME SS, NP231, Durango box, IR Sliders, IR Skid, 3" Flowmaster 70, K&N, Superwinch EPi9.0, Optima Yel, 2 air comp, Alpine, Garmin, Sunroof
rustynail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #19
retroron
1995 ZJ 

^^^ouch that looks like it hurts!
christian jeepclub#170
retroron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #20
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

ZJ-Orvis , that doesn't look like fun . You did more damage to yourself that I did with my motorcycle accident , I hit a Suzuki Sidekick in the fender at 40 mph in Langley , it didn't have much give in it , lol . I walked away , well , limped . Took out some ribs and bent my spine instead . After biking for yrs , I had my new to me Harley 2 days . It was sooo not my fault . 14 yrs later , I want to ride again

As for the jeep :
I spent 2 hours wondering why my flex plate wouldn't line up until I discovered I had the wrong one in there from the 2001 .

I spent good money rebuilding stock c/a bushings with a lifted jeep (I may never forgive myself for that one)

I spent 2 hours taking a freshly rebuild 249(heavy) back out after a test ride showed no speedo , the last part to go on and I install it backwards , damn speedo gear , grrrr.

Once I even punched myself in the face , closed fist and with a wratchet gripped tight . I have a small scar still on my face from learning how NOT to wratchet while under a car , that was over 20 yrs ago .

That's about 1% of my mistakes
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #21
sandman
1993 ZJ 

i have to stand on a stool to change my oil, one time when i was removing the oil filter my foot slipped off the stool and i grabbed the oil pressure sending unit and it just snapped off. thats my stupid mistake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.