**StrokedWJ is the April ZJ/WJ of the Month!!** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > **StrokedWJ is the April ZJ/WJ of the Month!!**

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

View Poll Results: Vote for the April ZJ/WJ of the month
ChrisHager 6 11.11%
StrokedWJ 27 50.00%
Snobrdrkid07 3 5.56%
Newfie ZJ 18 33.33%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

**StrokedWJ is the April ZJ/WJ of the Month!!**

Winner will receive a 1 year JeepForum Membership

1. Actively soliciting votes is PROHIBITED. This includes Facebook, Instagram, advertising on JeepForum, other forums and other forms of social media.

2. Members are allowed a link to the GCOTM thread in their signature that does not endorse a specific vehicle, members are also encouraged to “Crawl This Thread” to promote visibility on the forum.

3. No posting of additional contestant vehicles is allowed in the voting thread, nor are negative comments about contestant rigs.

Violations of these rules will be handled with either the deletion of posts, disqualification from the month’s contest or disqualification from GCOTM altogether. Feel free to police each other, PM me a screenshot if you believe any of these rules has been broken, please do not post in the thread.

4. Only votes from accounts over 1 month old will be considered. This is to prevent the creation of accounts specifically to vote in GCOTM and protect the integrity of the contest.

Now that the rules are clear, here are your contestants for April. Voting ends 7:00PM April 29th.

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

ChrisHager

2004 4.0L Grand Cherokee Laredo

Modifications

OME HD Springs
Bilstein 5100/5125's
JKS Front Adjustable Trackbar
Rancho HD Steering Stabilizer
IRO Front Spring Retainers
245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
Kenwood CD Player (KDC-348U)
Midland 1001LWX CB
Wilson Flex Antenna
Centric Rotors/Hawk LTS Pads
Derale 8000 Series Transmission Oil Cooler
OEM Molded Brush Guard

Favorite Modification - OME HD Springs/Bilstein Shocks

Least Favorite Modification - Harbor Freight 'Off-Road' lights, now removed.

Best Trail Damage - Mainly just pin striping and smashed window vents (trees sneak up on you!).

Build Thread - ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread

Miscellaneous - I bought my WJ in 2011 from a dealer. 6 months after purchase, I was blessed with a ground lifter and wiped camshaft lobe. I took it upon myself to repair the problem, which was the last thing I expected for a 'new' vehicle. Shortly after, I decided to upgrade the suspension in order to fit a larger sized tire. The lift I installed was the first I've ever attempted yet I felt comfortable giving it a try since I'd already torn apart the engine. Since then, I've been slowly modifying/maintaining the jeep.

Unread 04-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

StrokedWJ

2000 4.5L I6 Stroker Grand Cherokee Laredo

Modifications

Armor: ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000i, Homebrew rear bumper, Homebrew belly skid, Kevins Off-road sliders with custom rocker guard tubes.
Suspension: 6" lift - 4" Teraflex Coils + 2" BB, Bilstein 5100's, Custom Long Arms with 3-link front, and HD rear A-Arm
Drivetrain: 4.5L Stroker, 231 TC, 4.56 gears, Currie Hi9 Rear Axle w/ Detroit locker and WJ brakes, Currie RockJock 44 front with WJ Knuckles/brakes, Hydro Assist, ARB, chromos & CTM's (swap in progress).
Tires & Wheels: 35x12.50x16 Maxxis Trepadors on 16x8 Steelies
Misc.: Homebrew Intake, 62mm TB, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow, V-8 WJ tailpipe

Favorite Modification - The STROKER...built by me!

Least Favorite Modification - Hot air intake

Best Trail Damage - Laid it into a tree which took out the entire passenger side. Dented the front & rear door, rear quarter panel and broke rear quarter glass.

Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/strokedwj-996427/

Unread 04-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Snobrdrkid07

2004 4.0L Grand Cherokee

Modifications

Lift and Related Parts - OME HD 3" Lift, IRO Front Upper and Lower Control Arms, Bilstein 5100's, JKS TB with KOR bushings, Moog TRE's and HD Tie Rod Bar and Drag Link, Moog Trail Boss SS, 31" Goodyear Silent Armours.

Additional Parts - Stillen Drilled Rotors and Pads, Custom built double cardon front drive shaft, Superchips, Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Side Auto Dim and Heated Mirrors, Transfer Case Skid, Radiator Skid, Front Tow Hooks, Electro-Luminescent Overland Gauge Cluster, Overland Rims.

Audio - Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794, Memphis Power Reference Door Speakers and Tweeters, powered by an Alpine MRP-F450 4-Channel, 2, 12" Alpine S-Type Subs in a sealed box powered by an Alpine MRP-M500 Amp.

Leather Swap - I put in Power, Heated, Memory Leather Seats, swapped in a Leather Steering wheel with radio controls, and a Leather Center Console Lid into my WJ from an 04 Limited.

Misc - Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, LED Interior Lights, Projector Headlights with HID's, LED Rock Lights, Front Windows Tinted, LED Light Bar, Painted roof rails Silver, painted lower bumper silver.

Favorite Modification - Tie between the Lift and Audio Equipment

Least Favorite Modification - None Yet!

Best Trail Damage - Bumped/Bent a LCA mount, Pinstripes, fortunately no major damage.

Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1135597/

Miscellaneous - Quick history blip: Our Family had bought the WJ back in early 2004 from our local dealership. It was ordered with options that my parents had wanted, tow package, sunroof, etc. It had been a primary daily driver and family road trip vehicle since it was bought. When I was fortunate enough to be given the WJ in mid 2010 it has been my primary daily driver and I have been driving it since. The WJ has been a great, reliable, vehicle and still looks sharp going down the road. Granted a few hiccups here and there but the WJ has never left me stranded. I've put about 35k miles on it about 4 years and I have been modding, maintaining, caring for, and loving the WJ.

Unread 04-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

NewfieZJ

1995 5.2L Grand Cherokee Orvis

Modifications

2001 Dodge Ram 5.2 with 50k transplant cleaned , re-gasketed and dressed with Jeep valve covers
Mopar performance PCM
MSD coil and wires
Home made CAI
3" flowmaster exhaust
Drain plug in the trans pan
Complete 249 rebuild
D44a rear
WJ Brakes , w/perf rotors and ceramic pads
WJ steering w/JKS TR's and spicer TRE's
Waggy 4 bolt steering gear
Claytons 7" springs
Claytons front HD track bar
Front and rear IRO long arms
JKS rear track bar with RE axle mount raised bracket
Bilstien long travel shocks
5.9 grille and pontiac vents
5.9 roof rack
5.9 shifter handle , bezel , and e-brake/t-case handles
5.9 Rocker covers
Blue LED dash lights
Or-Fab XJ front bumper and 9k winch

Favorite Modification - XJ bumper , no one else has one on a ZJ like that , that I know of and it looks good too

Least Favorite Modification - Rebuilding the 249 . Should have just swapped in a 231 but in it's defense , that 249 out performs other in some situations . Lifted , the VC will have a short K lifespan , not worth $3-400 every 30-50k . It will be swapped soon

Best Trail Damage - Not much to report . Couple small dents in the fenders from trees , and brush marks down the side . Still looks respectable.

Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...newfie-748691/

Miscellaneous - It's my first ZJ bought 6 years ago . Paid way too much , then invested way too much , so , I have to keep it forever , lol . Been a real learning curve , started with a 4.5" RRO lift as bought . Soon after was upgraded bit by bit to a complete hybrid 5" lift that worked well . Bought components for the 7" lift from Jones for a sweet price so I went higher and kept building . I'm still not done . Better axles , convert the from IRO set up to have 2 upper adjustable arms , and run very fat 37-38's like the builds in Iceland . Just love that tonka toy look .
I do apologize for no wheeling pics . Lost them in the great PCM crash of 2013 . Best I can do till I start wheeling this season . Planning Moab in 2015 , I'll have good pics then lol

Unread 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Great looking Jeeps. Good luck Jeepers.

I submitted mine. Followed the rules. Was received. But did not get entered into the the race.

Guess I'll wait 2 or 3 or 6 months for my category to come around again.

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

...voted.
Unread 04-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Voted good time for a bump as well

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum
big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Great looking Jeeps. Good luck Jeepers.

I submitted mine. Followed the rules. Was received. But did not get entered into the the race.

Guess I'll wait 2 or 3 or 6 months for my category to come around again.
I also submitted mine - all the way back on April 15th. Never a confirmation and then I get to the thread to see it is not here.
Unread 04-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravie View Post

I also submitted mine - all the way back on April 15th. Never a confirmation and then I get to the thread to see it is not here.
Just because you dont see your submission doesnt mean that it wasnt accepted. Whiteout and the other guys are going through the submissions and picking only a few certain ones that they think are better than the other ones. The other guys have different mods done that they liked better then the rest of the submissions.

big98tnzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post

Just because you dont see your submission doesnt mean that it wasnt accepted. Whiteout and the other guys are going through the submissions and picking only a few certain ones that they think are better than the other ones. The other guys have different mods done that they liked better then the rest of the submissions.

Ah. That's a bit weird, but I understand. Chris' is better than mine anyway. Lol.
Unread 04-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big98tnzj View Post

Doubt that.

Quote:
Ah. That's a bit weird, but I understand. Chris' is better than mine anyway. Lol.
Yeh for an unlimited open mine def qualifies with those selected. I PM Whiteout as to why mine didnt make the cut and he replied that I had too many Photo links and he was wrong. My submission only had 3 photo links as described in the rules.

Bit of sour grapes on my part as I waited for the month for which my Jeep could be entered and submitted it following the rules and didn't make it.

Unread 04-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #13
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping
Doubt that. Yeh for an unlimited open mine def qualifies with those selected. I PM Whiteout as to why mine didnt make the cut and he replied that I had too many Photo links and he was wrong. My submission only had 3 photo links as described in the rules. Bit of sour grapes on my part as I waited for the month for which my Jeep could be entered and submitted it following the rules and didn't make it.
I smell fish. There needs to be confirmation. Why are we just finding out now and posting in a GREAT thread like kids that had their balloons taken away? If they ARE going through and picking good ones, that's fine but it should be stated in the submission info that they are hand picking the best ones. I honestly wouldn't care as long as that was stated up front.

At the end of the day it's not a big deal. It just seems like some things are not being done the way they ought to be in this contest.
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #14
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I smell fish. There needs to be confirmation. Why are we just finding out now and posting in a GREAT thread like kids that had their balloons taken away? If they ARE going through and picking good ones, that's fine but it should be stated in the submission info that they are hand picking the best ones. I honestly wouldn't care as long as that was stated up front.

At the end of the day it's not a big deal. It just seems like some things are not being done the way they ought to be in this contest.
Sometimes with these contests there are mishaps. I'll admit I screwed up a few entries in the years I've been doing them in the yj section. It takes time to get them dialed in and this contest here has been recently resurrected and whiteout is doing an excellent job at managing it given the circumstances. Remember, there's always next month to enter and win.

On a related note, come check out the yj contest and vote for whomever you'd like. I let all 16 entries in this month and fixed those that didn't make spec. Heck, I even entered my dog as a wild card (read: I want to participate but vote none of the above)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...e-now-2348993/
Unread 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #15
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:

Yeh I know. Problem for me is I corrected whiteout before voting was open and never got a second reply. I have more balloons. LOL Guess we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Remember, there's always next month to enter and win.
I give him props for getting it going in the WJ/ZJ realm. But your possibly wrong on when I will be able to enter again. Last time was stock. This time is unlimited. Next maybe 0-3" or 3-6". Then Over 6". Stock to 31" tires. 32" to 35" tires. Over 35" tires. Biggest /loudest radio. Most cut rig...ect. It Could be months before it rolls around to enter again.

I sent my submission on the second day. I could have been emailed back as to why I'm out because of a possible error in my submission. That could have been corrected. As it stands my submission was within the rules and should have not been excluded for the reason stated to me since I only applied 3 photo links in my submission.

In the future, submissions should be acknowledged and replied to whether they are in or out and why they are out. This will give submitters a chance to fix or clarify their entry.

Best of luck to the entries that got in.

Enough of this. Everyone vote your favorite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.