the strange things we find - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > the strange things we find

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #31
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

I crawled under my ZJ in front of the garage one day and was banging around, checking my TC fluid, etc., for about 20 minutes. Popped the hood to check the fluids and a huge 20lb groundhog jumped off the engine over the fender and ran into the woods! Dam thing was up there not making a noise the whole time I was under it!

Saw a Carolina wren bird landing on my front tire and going up in the engine compartment toward the front. Found a moss bird nest full of eggs behind the headlight assembly and moved it. Better than when these same type birds made a dried moss nest on my intake which caught fire in traffic and burned up my fuel injection wiring harness! $1,200 repair done by the dealer which insurance paid every dime for.

The thrills of living in the woods and could go on and on about critters with my Jeeps!

BTW, try to get a tow truck driver to tow away an old junk ford van with a 5' pissed off black snake who lives inside!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #32
Chris_W_2k5
1996 ZJ 

I once too my jeep on a road trip to the west coast and when I got home, I was incredibly surprised to find some money remaining in my wallet. I kid you not, this is a true story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
...so assuming your Jeep is right-side-up you should be ok.
Chris_W_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #33
NewtoZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_W_2k5 View Post
I once too my jeep on a road trip to the west coast and when I got home, I was incredibly surprised to find some money remaining in my wallet. I kid you not, this is a true story!
pics or it didn't happen :P
NewtoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #34
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just bought a tj that had been sitting for awhile... The thing smelled like an ashtray... I pulled all the seats and carpets out..x2 in the French fries under the seat, preserved lol.... Vacuumed up ungodly amount of cigarette buts and Half a tree out of the cargo area.... This is an 04 with no ashtray so they just used the floor I guess.

Funniest part is that when I pulled the upper dash trim there was a sticker behind it that was never installed.... "STAY CREEPY" it read... Wtf... Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #35
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herqulees View Post
My Jeep was found abandoned on the side of the interstate (I worked for a towing company at the time) with a self-destructed water pump. So for me I know zero info about any of it. Lol. The engine block has paint marker writing on it making me assume it's not original, but being that I'll never know anyone who owned it, will never know.
Heh... I'm actually in the process of "degreasing"/ Cleaning the entire engine bay. Finally the 3rd can of degreaser and pressure washing showed the same thing. Knowing the PO(My Sister) I can say that it IS the Original engine. Supposedly there is a VIN Plate on the Passenger side of it that'll tell you IF its Original. HAVE FUN!
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #36
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

My water pump had metric nuts holding it onto the SAE studs. They worked, but they'd screwed up the threads nicely.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #37
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I found a bunch of McDonald's fries under the seats when I got mine. I also had to replace the rear carpet and get a seat re-upholstered due to the PO keeping a battery in the back for no apparent reason. It exploded in there. I knew about that though and used it as an excuse to get some money off when I bought it. That was about it for surprises with the ZJ. I did find a watch hiding by the mechanical fan in my old Jimmy once when I was wrenching on it. I couldn't help but wonder what happened to the wrist it was on...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #38
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

I forgot about the ridiculous amount of wires in all 4 door wiring boots that were spliced only by twisting the wires together and wrapping them in masking tape....

Not to mention that whoever "spliced" the wires was obviously color blind, because lots of them were spliced to the wrong wires...

No wonder why you couldn't get the windows back up, you moron...

That's okay cuz I paid them $400 less because of it.
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #39
OldManTan
1998 ZJ 

subscribed.
good stuff in here!
OldManTan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
just_urd
1998 ZJ 

I find this thread interesting, can't wait to hear more from you all.

I've found a pair of sunglasses, a lint roller, two tubes of chapstick that are still wedged in the depths of my parking brake, a 10mm wrench under the brake booster, and sure enough the original oil filler cap down by the battery. I was wondering why the current cap look fairly new...
just_urd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #41
nmzj21
1998 ZJ 

An e cig and a dime bag in the center console, the weed was old enough to be factory equipment lol
nmzj21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #42
driftwood00
1995 ZJ 

I found an entire set of 1/8 in drive Stanley socket set under the passenger seat, the thing didn't even looked used but maybe once,a bunch of ink pens, old insurance papers, a calender from 2008, FRENCH FRIES!!! dryer sheets stuffed into the heater vents, and some sort of round urinal mat under the drivers seat. I hope it wasn't a used one because in the process of rooting around under there, I grabbed the thing with my bare hands. When I first bought it I thought it smelled like a mens bathroom in there.
driftwood00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #43
um7267
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood00 View Post
I found an entire set of 1/8 in drive Stanley socket set under the passenger seat, the thing didn't even looked used but maybe once,a bunch of ink pens, old insurance papers, a calender from 2008, FRENCH FRIES!!! dryer sheets stuffed into the heater vents, and some sort of round urinal mat under the drivers seat. I hope it wasn't a used one because in the process of rooting around under there, I grabbed the thing with my bare hands. When I first bought it I thought it smelled like a mens bathroom in there.
maybe it was used as air freshener? ha

forgot about the battery that was purchased in Alabama, when the jeep was from va, and stayed in pa... when it was 5 degrees last February i found this out

to the one that found the panties behind the vic, care to speculate how they ended up there? haha
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #44
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Two pennies melted into the little tray that covers the 4wd shifter hole on 2wd ZJs. I pried the pennies out and they were melted into the plastic I think they did the old cig lighter trick but I hate that I now have the impressions in the plastic.

Also a nail file under the center console. PO was a hot UT girl. Nice to look at but not good at maintenance.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #45
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

I've found pens, pencils, all kinds of make up inside the e-brake compartment. My wife once asked me where they came from. Lol PO was my buddies girl who has HOT friends.
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.