Still having troubles with jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Still having troubles with jeep

New rockridge 4wd sales rep!!!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" l

Unread 11-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
MikeMcCoy81

Still having troubles with jeep

I came out today started it ran it up and down the road got it hot parked it and now the gagues are gone again and the truck is not staying running again 2 sec and shuts off i just got my key reprogrammed was starting and running fine now back to this crap again anyone tell me whats going on?

MikeMcCoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
MikeMcCoy81

Ive been reading this forum and was reading it could be my ECM but don't want to waste 600 bucks if thats not the problem anyone out there help me.
Unread 11-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Is it throwing any codes?
SuperStew11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #4
MikeMcCoy81

jeep gcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStew11 View Post
Is it throwing any codes?
yes Immobilizer code cleared it and runs fine. every once a while the gauges drop off turn the truck off and some times they come back
Unread 11-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcCoy81 View Post

yes Immobilizer code cleared it and runs fine. every once a while the gauges drop off turn the truck off and some times they come back
What is the code number? I'm finding many codes that are linked to the immobilizer that could be a bad key programming all the way to a bad SKIM unit
Unread 11-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
MikeMcCoy81

P1686
Unread 11-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
SuperStew11
2000 WJ 

Do you have a second key to try and rule out the new one? Other then that sounds like you mite have to take the jeep to a stealership and have them scan the SKIM for any problems
Unread 11-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
MikeMcCoy81

Can't find the orginal key my friend sold it to me with but he found a spare keys and thats when the first time the key with a line came up. I called a locksmith and he cut the new key and it was still giving me problems so i borrowed a friends scanner and i got a code for a camshaft sensor changed that truck fired right up. Than it started acting up again so rescanned it than go a crankshaft sensor and low speed output senor just changes the low speed sensor today. The crankshaft senser is on order also had two other codes come up no bus dash cluster and no vaboration sensor
Unread 11-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
MikeMcCoy81

The locksmith also programmed it with his special scanner tool . I wish i had one sounds like i could get good money off helping Jeep owners alone lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.