Starting problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Starting problems

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
chiwheels

Starting problems

I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee with a 2.7 L Mercedes Diesel engine.

This morning I had severe starting difficulty and had to give up to try again later in the day. Each time I tried to start it would immediately fire, run for a second and stop. I waited for the glowplug indicator to go out each time and once I tried turning the key three times to heat up the glow plugs as much as possible before turning the engine over but to no avail.

It was a cold morning but I didn't think it was drastically cold overnight - perhaps -6 degC. When I was trying to start it at 07:30 it was -2 degC. hence I didn't think the diesel was gelling but I could be wrong. I filled it up previously at Tesco's but reading the forums I got the impression that Tesco's diesel being problematical is described as an urban myth but I don't know enough to comment.

It has been ratty starting even under normal circumstances.

Any ideas anyone ?

chiwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Jzsailor
2003 WJ 

Hi there

I have exactly the same problem with my WJ, and it is also a 2,7l mercedes engine from 2003, have you got any solution or know where is coming from the problem?
If so it will be a great help for me.
Thank you

Cheers
Jose
Jzsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.