Spring And Summer Upgrades - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Spring And Summer Upgrades

Save 17.76% for the 4th of july with ruffstuff specialtiesJuly 4th Sale Event! and Yes, We're Open!Metalcloak: Celebrate Freedom with Free Shipping

Unread 05-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Spring And Summer Upgrades

Been doing some upgrades and touchups to my WJ So far this year i have done some audio upgrades and some visual touchups.

Added the rain guards and the bug deflector, not sure about the deflector yet but i think i like it

Took out the PowerBass dash replacement speakers, because they were rattling and didnt sound great. Replaced them with rockford fosgate 3.5's which sound amazing. Also installed an amp and sub woofer, Amp is BOSS and the sub is Kenwood, like my radio

You can also see my Kenwood DPX500Bt up front

Thats it for now but i have more stuff i want to do before summer is over, im also going to need tires soon so that will be fun finding a new set I think my next thing is going to be Rims, because these stock rims are toast

Unread 05-17-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Also fixed my AC, the condenser had a pin hole in it And got both the left and right CV joints a while ago but havent put them in yet, i might have to replace the hubs because they are so rusted
Unread 05-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
losttech
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

That looks like the rugged ridge bug deflector I have if it is mine I has held up well and it does help with rock chips main reason I got it and bugs.
I was a little worried about how it mounted but no issues with it yet has been sturdy.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Tylertheman98
2002 WJ 

You should use Krylon Fusion on your cladding/bumpers to make it a black color.
Tylertheman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttech View Post
That looks like the rugged ridge bug deflector I have if it is mine I has held up well and it does help with rock chips main reason I got it and bugs.
I was a little worried about how it mounted but no issues with it yet has been sturdy.
Its an AVS i hope it will stand up as well. I got it because there is a bad spot on my hood on the edge. Covers it up nicely and makes my WJ look cleaner Also for the mounting, it came with screws but i didnt use them, it stuck very well with just the sticky pads
Unread 05-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylertheman98 View Post
You should use Krylon Fusion on your cladding/bumpers to make it a black color.
I was thinking about it actually, i was thinking either OEMish color or a dark grey
Unread 05-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #7
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Just so you know boss doesnt put out half the power they claim. So far for inside I've bought a new amp and switched my old kenwood 12s to my not half as old sony xplods. Outsides just been regular maintenance till we get some nice weather.
20150518_115424.jpg  
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
Just so you know boss doesnt put out half the power they claim. So far for inside I've bought a new amp and switched my old kenwood 12s to my not half as old sony xplods. Outsides just been regular maintenance till we get some nice weather.
Yeah i know, it doesnt sound that great also. The only reason i have it is because my cousin bought it new a while ago and never used it, so i got it new in the box for $50 thats the only reason i have it. Im eventually going to buy a rockford or kenwood amp, but for now the boss is doing just fine
Unread 05-20-2015, 03:41 AM   #9
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

The amp i got will do slightly over 1300wats rms at 1ohm about 950rms at 2ohm. It ran me 150 On amazon. Their website sells them for 300.
Unread 05-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #10
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Lol, im not looking for banging screaming bass that i can annoy people around me with, just something that sounds good
Unread 05-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

When my system is at full tilt it isnt even that loud unless you are inside. I went for sound quality not spl. Over powering subs are better then under powering. My amp at a 4ohm load will only do 500-600watts rms so depending on your speakers and the way you wire them youll get one of those loads. The point i was making was i got good amp thats still cheap but sounds clean and will push rated power. You want an amp thatll push the rms that the speaker is rated for or more. You can always turn an amp down to make the power you want it to.
Unread 05-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #12
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
When my system is at full tilt it isnt even that loud unless you are inside. I went for sound quality not spl. Over powering subs are better then under powering. My amp at a 4ohm load will only do 500-600watts rms so depending on your speakers and the way you wire them youll get one of those loads. The point i was making was i got good amp thats still cheap but sounds clean and will push rated power. You want an amp thatll push the rms that the speaker is rated for or more. You can always turn an amp down to make the power you want it to.
Yeah right now i have the sub level on 0 and it goes all the way up to 15, when its loud it annoys me so much. But yeah im totally planning on getting a new amp eventually, and possibly a sub enclosure because this is a kinda crappy one
Unread 05-22-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
Spyder328
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acc0919mc View Post
I was thinking about it actually, i was thinking either OEMish color or a dark grey
I would recommend Penetrol. I used two coats (did one and let it dry for two days, then did the next one). It still looks great. It might have faded just a hair but I put it on back in November and its seen a lot of rain, snow, and road salt.

Before

After

Also, our Jeeps look very similar You've got good taste
Unread 05-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #14
Acc0919mc
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder328 View Post
I would recommend Penetrol. I used two coats (did one and let it dry for two days, then did the next one). It still looks great. It might have faded just a hair but I put it on back in November and its seen a lot of rain, snow, and road salt.

Before

After

Also, our Jeeps look very similar You've got good taste
Dude they are freaking twins. Thats awesome :P Im totally digging that color...
Unread 05-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #15
Spyder328
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acc0919mc View Post
Dude they are freaking twins. Thats awesome :P Im totally digging that color... If you remember a while ago i said i wanted to make my jeep look like yours, i have seen those photos before
I remember I gotta take some new pictures, I have slotted tail light covers and wheel spacers now You have a better stereo tho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.