Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Split Nail WJ Build Thread

176K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  AustinTexasXJ 
#1 ·
Here is my 99 WJ that is slowly becoming a toy and not a daily driver anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Pg. 1 - Lift Install
Pg. 3 - ZJ Washer Fluid Reservoir

Pg. 4 - First Trip to BVORR

Pg. 6 - Second Trip to BVORR

Pg. 7 - CB Install
Pg. 27 - Aussie Locker Install
Pg. 38 - Glamour Pics
Pg. 44 - First Body Damage
Pg. 66 - Bumper Design
Pg. 67 - Fender Trimming
Pg. 68 - Trip 1 to General Sam's
Pg. 69 - More of General Sam's
Pg. 70 - More of General Sam's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currant Mods

Rough Country 4" RC-X Series Lift (Thanks to Casanova4x4)

Rubicon BFG 255/75/R17 Mud Terrains

Black Rock Vipers Series 900B

Rola Roof Rack (For Sale)

Aussie Locker

Ford Taurus eFan

Future Mods

Long Arms from Salt City Off Road

Winch Bumper from Salt City Off Road

Warn Winch

Rock Sliders made by Me

If anyone has any questions please just ask in my thread or PM me thanks! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#1,259 ·
JerzeyBoyWJ said:
i voted for you!!!....i also entered myself..just to see how i would do
Sweet man, I noticed! Thanks for the vote! I voted just randomly to see how the votes we doing. Then realized I couldn't change my vote.

#1,263 ·
I'm really thinking about doing the gas tank tuck soon. Does anyone have anything to say on how or what I should do? Is it really as simple as cutting out the wheel well and cutting 3 inches out of the mounting bracket and welding it back together?

#1,264 ·
The most difficult part is slicing a hole through the unibody. You should then re-enforce it before you route your gas filler tube through it. I would raise it more than 3 inches if you are going to all of that work though. You should be able to lift the tank 6-7 inches.

#1,265 ·
85IrocZ-28 said:
The most difficult part is slicing a hole through the unibody. You should then re-enforce it before you route your gas filler tube through it. I would raise it more than 3 inches if you are going to all of that work though. You should be able to lift the tank 6-7 inches.
I'm guessing for the fill tube?

#1,276 ·
Yep

#1,272 ·
My WJ is my DD and hunting rig and will go on trails and sand dunes but i'm looking for a hard core beater to take out and trash on and do some rock crawling,dont wanna tear up the WJ on these trails,i'm looking for a old CJ,FJ-40,or early bronco and since i sold my tow rig i have to find something i can also drive on road and since i sold my truck my WJ is only thing i have right now so it would be crazy to go tear it up (the bank would love that) so i'm looking for a beater

#1,273 ·
rfjeeper said:
My WJ is my DD and hunting rig and will go on trails and sand dunes but i'm looking for a hard core beater to take out and trash on and do some rock crawling,dont wanna tear up the WJ on these trails,i'm looking for a old CJ,FJ-40,or early bronco and since i sold my tow rig i have to find something i can also drive on road and since i sold my truck my WJ is only thing i have right now so it would be crazy to go tear it up (the bank would love that) so i'm looking for a beater
Gotcha. Just get a pos Cherokee. Jeep and relatively strong.

#1,274 ·
Yeah i thought about another XJ,i've built them before (wish i had it back now) just gotta find stronger axles for it,i went through a couple of the famous or infamous D-turdy 5 rears and 1 d-30 front,i also thought bout an older ZJ with v-8 and D-44 and maybe exo-cage it to try and save on body a little,i dont want a ticket magnet since i will have to drive to and from trails,i would really like to get an early 80's CJ-7 and swap in d-44's

#1,275 ·
rfjeeper said:
Yeah i thought about another XJ,i've built them before (wish i had it back now) just gotta find stronger axles for it,i went through a couple of the famous or infamous D-turdy 5 rears and 1 d-30 front,i also thought bout an older ZJ with v-8 and D-44 and maybe exo-cage it to try and save on body a little,i dont want a ticket magnet since i will have to drive to and from trails,i would really like to get an early 80's CJ-7 and swap in d-44's
Yea, a ZJ w/ Exo cage would be sick!

#1,280 ·
rfjeeper said:
Yeah i had it bad last month,finally got rid of it but i've had a nagging cough ever since that just wont go away,happens every year after deer season
This cold has gone south I think it's the flu.

#1,281 ·
Hey man i got the same headlights as you and i was wondering what it involved? I need to swap over the turn signal bulb and the high beam bulb correct?

#1,282 ·
Apollo21 said:
Hey man i got the same headlights as you and i was wondering what it involved? I need to swap over the turn signal bulb and the high beam bulb correct?
Yup. Its really easy. Once you take it off it will make sense.

Ps just left the hospital. :(

#1,283 ·
bummer man why where you in?

Thanks for the info though. :highfive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.