Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Split Nail WJ Build Thread

176K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  AustinTexasXJ 
#1 ·
Here is my 99 WJ that is slowly becoming a toy and not a daily driver anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Pg. 1 - Lift Install
Pg. 3 - ZJ Washer Fluid Reservoir

Pg. 4 - First Trip to BVORR

Pg. 6 - Second Trip to BVORR

Pg. 7 - CB Install
Pg. 27 - Aussie Locker Install
Pg. 38 - Glamour Pics
Pg. 44 - First Body Damage
Pg. 66 - Bumper Design
Pg. 67 - Fender Trimming
Pg. 68 - Trip 1 to General Sam's
Pg. 69 - More of General Sam's
Pg. 70 - More of General Sam's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currant Mods

Rough Country 4" RC-X Series Lift (Thanks to Casanova4x4)

Rubicon BFG 255/75/R17 Mud Terrains

Black Rock Vipers Series 900B

Rola Roof Rack (For Sale)

Aussie Locker

Ford Taurus eFan

Future Mods

Long Arms from Salt City Off Road

Winch Bumper from Salt City Off Road

Warn Winch

Rock Sliders made by Me

If anyone has any questions please just ask in my thread or PM me thanks! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#1,123 ·
rfjeeper said:
Hey split the front of your jeep is starting to look like mine (no bumper),so how much are you wanting for your rola rack and if willing to ship to Indiana (46750)
I private messaged you.

#1,124 ·
Got some much needed painting done. Paint the fender wells and front bumper. :)

Attachments

#1,133 ·
JerzeyBoyWJ said:
you jeep is garage kept :hahaha:

jk man sometimes i wish mine was ...good job on the front "bumper" paint
Haha thanks man. It's my parents garage. Lol. Yea the "bumper" it looks better though. :)

#1,135 ·
Lolololololol!!!!

#1,137 ·
Anyone have any ideas for rear locker options? I was thinking about a rear LSD.

Update on the Long Arms. They are still waiting on joints that are back ordered. :/

As far as the front bumper they are finishing up the Auto CAD and starting fabrication next week sometime! I'm super excited!

#1,139 ·
Yea, I think I'll get a TrueTrac. Its cheaper than an LSD. The LSD you have to get the carrier and have it setup again which I cant do. So I'll think about getting a TrueTrac. Its like the Aussie Locker Right?

#1,145 ·
SnowLeopard said:
What size tires are you running? I just find that with driving on pavement most of the time, an LSD makes more sense. But converting to a varilok axle is likely a lot more costly. I like QD myself. Then again, your long-term plans may call for bigger tires, which would make it useless anyhow.
True.... I have 255/75 R17. I'm thinking spider trax rachet locker

#1,146 ·
Went shooting today!

85 yards laying down with an AR15 Gas Piston Assault Rifle W/ NC Star Scope.

85 yards standing with an AR15 Gas Piston Assault Rifle W/ NC Star Scope. 3rd shot got on the target.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.