Split Nail WJ Build Thread - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Split Nail WJ Build Thread

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #481
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Thats not a bad idea.... How do you get one with a low limit like that?

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #482
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

shop around on the internet or go to your bank and ask. tell them what you told us. you want to build your credit with a low-limit card bc that's what you can afford. and depending on your current credit, do a yahoo search for "bad credit credit cards", "good credit credit cards", "no credit credit cards", etc.

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #483
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

you should be able to call the company and reduce your limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
This is what I want to get

http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiWJ.html
that sucker is huge. look at the last pic.

looks like he's got a bubba lip on it.

Lt. Dan: "Yeah, well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a trip wire."

your gonna need some coil spacers up front to level you out with that bad boy on there.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #484
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

for sure. that's why im buying used 6.5" coils, i figure with my beak and the fact that theyve already got 20k on em, they should settle at about 6" in the front and around 6.25" in the back. not enough to worry about spacers tho. when i put the spare and/or a rear bumper, itll even out

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #485
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
for sure. that's why im buying used 6.5" coils, i figure with my beak and the fact that theyve already got 20k on em, they should settle at about 6" in the front and around 6.25" in the back. not enough to worry about spacers tho. when i put the spare and/or a rear bumper, itll even out
you should give me your 4.5 inch coils when your done with em.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #486
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i might have em sold already, but if not, youre next in line. how much is shipping out there? and i was thinking about getting them re-tempered locally before i sold em so there isn't any sag in em. theyve got like 25-30k miles on em

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #487
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Okay, well thanks for all the advice on credit guys. That helps a lot! On a serious note. How does this alignment look??

Unread 01-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #488
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick983 View Post
85iroc, right back at ya . thanks for the info from a professional, this is stuff/advise everyone should know. thanks for the percentage breakdown too thats interesting, like u said alot of misconceptions out there!
+1, glad to hear it from a pro! didn't know they report the bill to the companies at the same time they send it to us

by no means was I suggesting to not pay, or pay below the minimum. just to make half payments for 3 months then pay the balance off over the following 3 months...and on stuff that you would normally pay cash or debit for, like gas or groceries.

I did this when I turned 18 and it made my score skyrocket! I am now in the high 700's, and have been for most of my credit reporting life

like I said before though, DEBT IS SLAVERY!
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #489
patrick983
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post
that sucker is huge. look at the last pic.

looks like he's got a bubba lip on it.

Lt. Dan: "Yeah, well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a trip wire."

your gonna need some coil spacers up front to level you out with that bad boy on there.
that bumper tucks closer to the body than most of them. the front will stick out that far, because thats how big a winch is. if you want a winch on your WJ, you need a bumper than can hold it (duh). Bama WJ runs that bumper and i think its one of the best looking ones out there, it doesnt have bat wings sticking out like the iceland w/o flares. i guarantee its no heavier than any other decent steel bumper out there, and the one in that last pic has some tacky brush guard option on top, that makes it look bulkier.
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #490
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Does anyone know of my alignmtent is good? I feel like I'm driving crooked. Someone please take a look at it.

Unread 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #491
patrick983
2000 WJ 

looks ok, you're rear end isnt perfectly straight but most arent. its about one degree but that shouldnt be enough to notice. looks like they fixed everything else though. hows it not driving straight?
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #492
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

It pulls to the left. Maybe it's my tire pressure. I'll check that tomorrow. I need to fix my pinion angle. I can't drive in all wheel drive with out getting driveline vibes. It's not bad though

Unread 01-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #493
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Another quick question... How do you guys check your credit score? I want something free or very cheap.

Unread 01-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #494
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
+1, glad to hear it from a pro! didn't know they report the bill to the companies at the same time they send it to us
.....DEBT IS SLAVERY!
It is pretty standard for them to report at the same time. Some companies have a single monthly reporting date, but this is the common method. I agree about the debt being slavery. I have seen it destroy lives/families and create a burden of stress that is overwhelming.

Cash is King - Save up and buy with Cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
Another quick question... How do you guys check your credit score? I want something free or very cheap.
FACTA 2005 (Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act) required credit bureaus to give consumers access to their credit file for free once a year. This allows you and I to ensure that if there are any errors, we can dispute them. However, FACTA does not require them to provide us with a credit score.

There are ads out there for a free credit score, but they will lead you to sign up for a monthly paid service that you may or may not want.

You can get all three reports from www.annualcreditreport.com for free once every 12 months. That site was set up by the big three credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) in response to FACTA.

Be aware, there are other scores out there. VantageScore has been pushed by Experian, and I really like its methodology. However, the lenders just don't use it. They like FICO. The FICO score goes from a low of 300 to a high of 850. The Vantage Score goes from 500-990. Just be aware of what score you are looking at. If you decide to pay for a credit score, you want to see a score that uses the FICO methodology. I would get it directly from FICO, visit www.myfico.com.

Credit reports and scoring can be confusing. You have to remember though that these reports were never designed for consumers to see. They were designed for banking/lending decisions. But as credit has become more vital in our society, consumers have demanded access to this information. It is good to know your credit, but sometimes you need help from a professional to navigate your questions.

If you want a certified credit counselor to review your report with you and answer any questions, just call my office: 800-351-4195 or visit www.faircredit.org. I work for AAA Fair Credit Foundation. We are a non profit agency based out of Salt Lake City Utah. We provide FREE counseling and education and aren't going to try and sell you some credit repair product, or credit score monitoring service. We have a department that simply answers consumers questions and provides them with resources. We also have education modules online. Our education site is www.consumercents.com, download the booklet on credit reports. You have to register to download the materials, but everything is free.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for your score. Since you were denied credit, federal law also requires that you be provided with a free copy of your credit report if that was part of the reason you were denied credit. I would stop back into the store and ask the credit manager, or whoever you worked with, to provide you with information about how to obtain your report since they denied you. I would ask what score they look for when they lend. Ask how close you were to that, and what your score actually was. Often times they will tell you. You may be able to get a really recent picture of your score without paying for it. If you do want to see all three, I would expect to pay in the neighborhood of $10 per score with the three large bureaus, or up to $35 for a comprehensive report that show all three credit scores together.

Your score will be different with each bureau because not all creditors report to all three bureaus, so they each contain different information. I could be that your credit card company is only reporting your payments to 2 of the 3 bureaus, and the furniture company pulled your report from the company that they didn't report to. Often times for small loans, lenders only look at one of the three reports. On any major loan though, the lender will review all three credit reports.

/credit rant.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #495
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Wow... Too much info. I'll probably read that a couple of times. Thanks man! I'm supposed to receive papers of why I was denied. I have only had this credit card for a month. I hope within the next year I will be able to have a good line of credit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.