Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Split Nail WJ Build Thread

176K views 2K replies 97 participants last post by  AustinTexasXJ 
#1 ·
Here is my 99 WJ that is slowly becoming a toy and not a daily driver anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Pg. 1 - Lift Install
Pg. 3 - ZJ Washer Fluid Reservoir

Pg. 4 - First Trip to BVORR

Pg. 6 - Second Trip to BVORR

Pg. 7 - CB Install
Pg. 27 - Aussie Locker Install
Pg. 38 - Glamour Pics
Pg. 44 - First Body Damage
Pg. 66 - Bumper Design
Pg. 67 - Fender Trimming
Pg. 68 - Trip 1 to General Sam's
Pg. 69 - More of General Sam's
Pg. 70 - More of General Sam's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currant Mods

Rough Country 4" RC-X Series Lift (Thanks to Casanova4x4)

Rubicon BFG 255/75/R17 Mud Terrains

Black Rock Vipers Series 900B

Rola Roof Rack (For Sale)

Aussie Locker

Ford Taurus eFan

Future Mods

Long Arms from Salt City Off Road

Winch Bumper from Salt City Off Road

Warn Winch

Rock Sliders made by Me

If anyone has any questions please just ask in my thread or PM me thanks! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I hit a snag today. This jeep is a salvage title. It looks like the passenger lower control arm bracket has a wallowed out hole.... When it got hit it pushed the bolt into the side of the bracket tearing a nice little hole in it. Ill have pictures of it in the morning. My plan is to weld a washer into place, and order long arms and cut these stupid things off. :/ If anyone is selling WJ long arms let me know. DEFINITELY a buyer.

#5 ·
Yea, that's what I am thinking about getting -2.5 inches. That's really high. This is my DD so I'm trying to stay safe as possible. I'm hoping to to have some pictures up tonight of everything!!

#19 ·
Awesome thanks. :) I cant seem to get my jeep to start. It cranks for a long time then finally starts and has a rough idle and I'll give it some gas and it will be fine....... Fuel pump? I installed a new fuel filter and I got under there while it was running and I heard the fuel filter WHISTLING. I started moving the fuel lines and the noise was changing. I couldnt get it to go away... Is this normal?

#23 ·
Not saying this because Im excited and all but I really do like the ride. I want long arms but for the money I'm REALLY impressed. I havent gone offroad due to massive amount of fender trimming that will need to happen first, but Im sure after a couple weeks the shocks will "break in" if you will and it will get softer.

#25 ·
Personally I think it rides like a jeep should, a little stiff. I like it. I am gunna get the rear Adco sway bar. There is quite a bit of body roll in the rear. No I don't get drive line vibes. I adjusted the pinion angle as much as I could I need upper adjustables to do it properly. I would totally recommend getting the lift. It's really beefy. I love the lower control arms. They freaking stout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.