Speedometer and trnasmission issues...HELP!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Speedometer and trnasmission issues...HELP!!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
JParrott72
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

Speedometer and trnasmission issues...HELP!!!!

I apologize for the length!!! My Jeep has the check engine light on and when it does this, it feels like the transmission does not want to shift, sometimes when I stop at a red light, it acts like it wants to cut off completely and sometimes it actually does. Also the speedometer goes insane! It will go from 0-100/120 or wherever sometimes when I'm driving or come to a complete stop. Last night, the speedometer kept going crazy and the mileage kept rolling even though the Jeep was in park! I have replaced the speed sensor, the transmission speed sensor and the wires. All fluid levels are good. The Jeep drives fine and shifts like butter until the check engine light goes on, then all hell breaks loose. Does anyone have any suggestions?

JParrott72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.