speed bleeders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > speed bleeders

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

speed bleeders

Anyone ever used them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390533997965

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
I tried out a set years ago - worked fine as long as you had sealer on the threads and kept caps on them so dirt didn't migrate into the valve. For bleeding brakes by yourself, nothing beats a Motive pressure bleeder.
97 TJ 2.5L/30RH - daughters car

www.oldjeep.com My site
TheRealOldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Yep, just found those. Looking at a deal on one if it holds at the price. That looks pretty cool.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Yep, just found those. Looking at a deal on one if it holds at the price. That looks pretty cool.
Works well, had mine for about 5 years. I've got attachments to fit every vehicle we own and one that fits the master cylinder on the boat trailer.

www.oldjeep.com My site
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
Winger67
1996 ZJ 

Used them on other cars that I take to the track. Really helps out doing solo bleeding when I'm racing often. Just got a Motive pressure bleeder and will have to agree the thing kicks ***.
Winger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

A pressure bleeder is easy to make with a small garden sprayer, a pressure gauge, and a JY brake reservoir cap at cost of not over 15 bucks.

You can even get fancy and use a Schrader valve instead of a hand pump.

Plus, it's more fun than just buying one.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Well, I don't see anything wrong with that plan. hardest part would be finding the fitting.

Unread 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
TheRealOldjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
A pressure bleeder is easy to make with a small garden sprayer, a pressure gauge, and a JY brake reservoir cap at cost of not over 15 bucks.

You can even get fancy and use a Schrader valve instead of a hand pump.

Plus, it's more fun than just buying one.
As long as you never want to use it on a regular flat top MC then that should work OK, but I don't think I'd go to the trouble since the motive bleeder costs $45.

www.oldjeep.com My site
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

I thought of something that may be a tripping point but I'm not sure. Some of the sprayers I have used in the past had a silicon grease or at least looked like it in the pump slide. Isn't silicone a bad thing in hydraulics?

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

You would need to remove any contaminants. The one I bought was dry. The brake fluid will act on the rubber seals in the pump and ruin it after a while anyhow.

During my short stint as a heavy equipment mechanic, we used a metal tank with a sealed lid with scrhader valve, a pressure gauge, a ring and hook on top. Pour in a quart of fluid, put the lid on, Hang it up, put 10-15 psi head pressure on it with compressed air.

One guy who did brakes all the time used regulated air into it and had a cutoff valve.

So you can go as simple or elaborate as you want. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.