Sonnax Trans Line Booster? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
JakeWK
Got Lock?

2005 WK 

Sonnax Trans Line Booster?

Really looking into installing one of these, but i am wondering if there is any justification to think that increasing the line pressure with stock parts would cause them to wear down faster.. am i right in thinking this?

I know increasing the line pressure would reduce the chance of clutch or band slippage in high-torque situations, but would increasing the clamping force for daily-driving cause the bands or clutch or even the torque converter to experience faster wear? I assume there is a pressure regulator to control excessive pressure, but would a slightly increased line pressure cause stress to the mainline pump? Am i overthinking this? haha.

Haven't installed a rebuild kit yet, although i'd like to. But would it be smart to install a line pressure booster without the rebuild kit to fortify the mechanical parts? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but the search function doesn't seem to work for me since the forum redesign..

Thanks!

05 WK HEMI

JakeWK Build Thread
USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-02-2016, 07:14 AM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

The Sonnax parts are well-designed and well-built. I used several when I rebuilt my transmission.

If they offer an integrated improvement / solution for your transmission then it should be strongly considered.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-02-2016, 10:03 AM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

There are many upgrade parts I used when I rebuilt my transmission, all shown in the link.

My transmission has a high-volume cooling pan, upgraded servo pistons, better valve body parts, improved ratio holding band lever and actuator, better friction discs and more discs and steels per clutch.

What transmission is in your vehicle and what upgrade parts are available?
post #4 of 5 Old 05-02-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
JakeWK
Got Lock?

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
There are many upgrade parts I used when I rebuilt my transmission, all shown in the link.

My transmission has a high-volume cooling pan, upgraded servo pistons, better valve body parts, improved ratio holding band lever and actuator, better friction discs and more discs and steels per clutch.

What transmission is in your vehicle and what upgrade parts are available?
545RFE auto-five speed. Electronic convert clutch.

I think upgrades, besides major overhauls, are just the Sonnax line booster, a 45RFE Transgo reprogram kit, and spring upgrades.

05 WK HEMI

JakeWK Build Thread
USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2016, 01:58 PM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

The #8X cast aluminum pan might fit. It lists Dakota and RAM, but the same transmission.

If doing a rebuild, don't neglect the Torrington bearings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.