Solomon8718's build thread - "Muddy Gorilla" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Solomon8718's build thread - "Muddy Gorilla"

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #31
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Well I took about a two week hiatus from this project but now I've almost completed it. As of this posting I only have four not driveshaft screws to reinstall. But here's what I did:

First, I had to cut one of my old rear swaybar links off with a hack saw. I couldn't get enough grip in it with a channel-locks in order to get the top nut off.
Time to buy a 4.5" angle grinder. The higher your jeep gets, the more you will use it.

Unread 08-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #32
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Lol, yeah I've got a growing list of needed tools. :P
solomon8718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon8718 View Post
Lol, yeah I've got a growing list of needed tools. :P
Put that one on top . . . get the highest amp rating you can afford (Dewalt and Makita are around $70-80 for a good one). You will be surprised how much you will use it once you've got it.
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #34
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Felt that way exactly when I put down good cash for a nice CP impact wrench. Thanks Ill definitely keep that in mind.
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #35
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Put that one on top . . . get the highest amp rating you can afford (Dewalt and Makita are around $70-80 for a good one). You will be surprised how much you will use it once you've got it.
go with milwaukee

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #36
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Hey guys, Its been awhile since I've given an update on the jeep. Not much has been happening as of late. Snowboards and student loans have taken priority over jeep upgrades. However it appears my catalyst is shot now (throwing p0420 and 72 codes), along with most the rest of my exhaust and I figure, hell, why not take the opportunity to upgrade!

So I just ordered my custom exhaust from Kolak with the flowmaster 70 series muffler and new O2 sensors. I haven't been able to find any sound clips of the Kolak w/70 series muffler on the 5.2 so Ill be sure to post some up when its installed.

Also good news, the beast decided to stall out on me on my way to work today. Its been running rough as of late because of (I assumed) the cat being out. I figured it was plugging up or something. Turns out my spark plug wires, cap, and plugs were out. One of the wires busted apart while the mechanic was looking at it I guess. Okay, so maybe thats not good news to most people, but its good news to me. I like making sure things are running great in my vehicle. I took advantage of a free tow courtesy of my $6 roadside assistance coverage though my insurance. If you don't have it, get it. One tow and it pays for itself many times over.
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #37
solomon8718
1998 ZJ 

Looking forward to installing these

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.