Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #106
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Oh you said over half off. Must have read that wrong. Well SWEET! The LED for the HALO's. There are too halos at the bottom that get melted. Its common. But you shouldnt have that problem because your Halos arent LED's

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #107
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
Oh you said over half off. Must have read that wrong. Well SWEET! The LED for the HALO's. There are too halos at the bottom that get melted. Its common. But you shouldnt have that problem because your Halos arent LED's
You didnt read it wrong bro... I forgot about the 10% off I got because I bought the HID kit too, which dropped the price for me like 28 bucks. Retail the price of my CCFL halos was more than double the price of the ones on ebay for 124.99...

So the CCFL halos arent LED's? Never knew that so Il have to research a bit more about it...!! Thanks for the heads up...!!
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #108
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
You didnt read it wrong bro... I forgot about the 10% off I got because I bought the HID kit too, which dropped the price for me like 28 bucks. Retail the price of my CCFL halos was more than double the price of the ones on ebay for 124.99...

So the CCFL halos arent LED's? Never knew that so Il have to research a bit more about it...!! Thanks for the heads up...!!
CCFL = Cold Cathode Florescent Light?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #109
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
CCFL = Cold Cathode Florescent Light?
Yeah that would be the one... Did some research, its basically the same tech as Neon signs... Learn something new everyday!! Anyways I love them!! My check engine light came on today randomly... I wonder what could be causing that...?
Unread 01-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #110
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah that would be the one... Did some research, its basically the same tech as Neon signs... Learn something new everyday!! Anyways I love them!! My check engine light came on today randomly... I wonder what could be causing that...?
Neon FTW. I've always wanted to do under glow for some reason and wheel well lights. I have this thing for lights. I love them. I still really want to do roof lights too. Need to find a very low budget to way to do that.

Uh oh here we go hahahaha. Did u check to see if it threw any codes?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #111
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Neon FTW. I've always wanted to do under glow for some reason and wheel well lights. I have this thing for lights. I love them. I still really want to do roof lights too. Need to find a very low budget to way to do that.

Uh oh here we go hahahaha. Did u check to see if it threw any codes?
Just checked the codes and it came back p1486 - Evap Leak Monitor Pinched Hose Found...
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #112
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Just checked the codes and it came back p1486 - Evap Leak Monitor Pinched Hose Found...
That means what exactly? haha I remember Evap leak that I had was something to do with the gas cap on the Rubicon Unlim.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #113
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
That means what exactly? haha I remember Evap leak that I had was something to do with the gas cap on the Rubicon Unlim.
Im not exactly sure yet... From what I have read it is an emissions thing... Could be the gas cap or it could be the whole evaporation system underneath... I tried tightening the gas cap last night but the light is still coming on... This is actually quite hilarious because I just got an emissions test notice on Thursday so Im going to have to get that fixed here soon... I swear! With how things have been going, by the time Im finished everything in my truck is going to be new!!! Trying to get my mechanic on the line right now but until them I think a little wake in bake is in order... LOL

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #114
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Im not exactly sure yet... From what I have read it is an emissions thing... Could be the gas cap or it could be the whole evaporation system underneath... I tried tightening the gas cap last night but the light is still coming on... This is actually quite hilarious because I just got an emissions test notice on Thursday so Im going to have to get that fixed here soon... I swear! With how things have been going, by the time Im finished everything in my truck is going to be new!!! Trying to get my mechanic on the line right now but until them I think a little wake in bake is in order... LOL

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket
I love the acronym. That is funny how those things line up like that.

I dropped my Dub off last night at my mechanics house last night to get a bunch of work done on it. I think I made a previous post with what all was getting done to it.... needless to say he is charging me 600 and the dealer was going to charge me 1400-1600. So that is a really really nice savings.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #115
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
I love the acronym. That is funny how those things line up like that.

I dropped my Dub off last night at my mechanics house last night to get a bunch of work done on it. I think I made a previous post with what all was getting done to it.... needless to say he is charging me 600 and the dealer was going to charge me 1400-1600. So that is a really really nice savings.
Nice!!! I will never go to the stealership unless I have no other choice from here on out... A they are always more expensive and B I swear the one in Chicago jacked my **** up last summer. Brought it in with one minor problem and 2 days later I had like 10 things wrong How long is he going to have it? BTW, how do you like those LED's for your interior lights? Easy to install? Im sure they are bright... But are they too bright? Just curious because I was thinking about throwing some in my truck... Sooo my mechanic just called and Im going to head in to the shop and have him take a look at a few things. Here is the checklist...

1:Brakes have been squealing a bit since I got them changed so Im going to have him check that
2:Install my JET Accu-Speed Chip... Hopefully that will give me my gas mileage back since getting my lift and tires done...
3:Oil Change
4:Have him check the Evap system
5:Im also going to have him check out my HID install just to make sure I did everything right and wont have any issues down the road...
6:See if we can fix the last bit of tire rub behind my front bumper(tires are rubbing a bit on the back of the factory fogs...)
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #116
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Nice!!! I will never go to the stealership unless I have no other choice from here on out... A they are always more expensive and B I swear the one in Chicago jacked my **** up last summer. Brought it in with one minor problem and 2 days later I had like 10 things wrong How long is he going to have it? BTW, how do you like those LED's for your interior lights? Easy to install? Im sure they are bright... But are they too bright? Just curious because I was thinking about throwing some in my truck... Sooo my mechanic just called and Im going to head in to the shop and have him take a look at a few things. Here is the checklist...

1:Brakes have been squealing a bit since I got them changed so Im going to have him check that
2:Install my JET Accu-Speed Chip... Hopefully that will give me my gas mileage back since getting my lift and tires done...
3:Oil Change
4:Have him check the Evap system
5:Im also going to have him check out my HID install just to make sure I did everything right and wont have any issues down the road...
6:See if we can fix the last bit of tire rub behind my front bumper(tires are rubbing a bit on the back of the factory fogs...)
LED's are easy to install. bright, but not to bright. Look awesome when you click to unlock it at night. I do not think that they are too bright to me. It was 65 bucks for all the bulbs. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

My list for today is:
Front Crank Case Seal
Rear Main Seal
Oil Pan Gasket
Spark Plugs
Throttle Body Cleaning
Oil/Filter Change with Mobile 1 Full Syn 10w-30 High Mileage with Mopar Filter.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #117
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Got all the above work done. =)

Unrelated: How does your Jeep idle? Like how smooth is it?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #118
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Mine isnt that smooth, I think my motor mounts are going bad.

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #119
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
Mine isnt that smooth, I think my motor mounts are going bad.
89K Miles, I would hope the mounts wouldn't be bad. It is so hard to judge because it is kind of relative per person. haha.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #120
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Got all the above work done. =)

Unrelated: How does your Jeep idle? Like how smooth is it?
My truck idles really smooth... I cant even tell its on most of the time...

Nice to hear you got all your stuff done. Is your ride running better now? I got most of mine done, heading back today to have him install that accu-speed computer. I also have to take some detailed photos of my factory wheels that are still over there... I think I found a buyer for them!!! Definitely going to look into those LED interiors this week! Check engine light was diagnosed to be just a small hose that needed to be replaced... Ordered a new one from the stealership because it is a specialty part so I have to go pick that up today as well....

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.