Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #991
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I tapped right into the under dash light bulb wires, I am sorry to say that I do not remember which was positive and which was negative at the moment... a volt meter will tell you that.

But yes, wiring to that under dash light it the route i took and seems to be the easiest. and since its leds, they dont use that much power at all and should be fine!
Thank you

WJHype is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #992
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype View Post
Thank you
No problem! Post some pictures when you are done!

Also, I only tapped into the driver side under dash light, the passenger side was a PIA with all the AC stuff over there, I just ran wires around to the other side!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #993
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Hey looks like we're in the same boat, I'm a 17 year old snowboarder with a 2002 Grand Cherokee haha Yours looks pretty nice I'm hoping to save up enough for a lift soon

Another Steel Blue WJ named Jenn.
3" IRO Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 32s, Roof basket
JulietheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #994
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulietheJeep
Hey looks like we're in the same boat, I'm a 17 year old snowboarder with a 2002 Grand Cherokee haha Yours looks pretty nice I'm hoping to save up enough for a lift soon
Haha. It's an addiction that's for sure! The jeep is quite the money sucker! I've saved for a lift but the parents shot that one down. I put some 3/4 inch Spacers in the back and that was fun. Haha.

Good luck and keep us updated! Have fun out there!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #995
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Haha. It's an addiction that's for sure! The jeep is quite the money sucker! I've saved for a lift but the parents shot that one down. I put some 3/4 inch Spacers in the back and that was fun. Haha.

Good luck and keep us updated! Have fun out there!
Man thats a bummer. When I first got my Jeep my dad didn't want me going on anything that's not asphalt, then I found some trails around me and took him one day and now we're both working on getting tow hooks and a lift kit. A friend of mine told me to use hockey pucks as spacers for the springs I was thinking about getting a bb and throwing a hockey puck or two in there for some extra lift.

Unread 06-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #996
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Man thats a bummer. When I first got my Jeep my dad didn't want me going on anything that's not asphalt, then I found some trails around me and took him one day and now we're both working on getting tow hooks and a lift kit. A friend of mine told me to use hockey pucks as spacers for the springs I was thinking about getting a bb and throwing a hockey puck or two in there for some extra lift.
Haha. Well that's good that its gonna work out with a lift! How the heck do hockey pucks give you lift? Like where the heck do they go?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #997
JulietheJeep
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Haha. Well that's good that its gonna work out with a lift! How the heck do hockey pucks give you lift? Like where the heck do they go?
He said it's like the same as a spacer, they go in between the springs and the strut tower, I think he said you have to drill holes through the puck but it seems easy enough. If I get bigger shocks with little spacer kit a puck could give me an extra inch

Unread 06-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #998
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

He said it's like the same as a spacer, they go in between the springs and the strut tower, I think he said you have to drill holes through the puck but it seems easy enough. If I get bigger shocks with little spacer kit a puck could give me an extra inch
The spacers that I installed for the rear were significantly bigger then a hockey puck. So I'm not sure how that would work

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #999
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Here's the lights installed.

Not the best picture because it's still a little sunny outside. By the way, the passenger bulb socket was actually easier to me, so I just wired it the same way I did the driver's side.
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #1000
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype
Here's the lights installed.

Not the best picture because it's still a little sunny outside. By the way, the passenger bulb socket was actually easier to me, so I just wired it the same way I did the driver's side.
Looks good! Really? I had a crap time on the passanger side. Maybe I have a different AC system. I have a manual.... not sure.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #1001
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Looks good! Really? I had a crap time on the passanger side. Maybe I have a different AC system. I have a manual.... not sure.
That's possible mine is an 01 with dual control so it may be a bit different but the bulb socket was right in front of the AC system and the wire was easier to reach and splice in with the LED strip. The drivers side wire was further up so I had to reach up a bit higher to wire it in. Whatever works though haha.
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #1002
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype View Post
That's possible mine is an 01 with dual control so it may be a bit different but the bulb socket was right in front of the AC system and the wire was easier to reach and splice in with the LED strip. The drivers side wire was further up so I had to reach up a bit higher to wire it in. Whatever works though haha.
yea different system... who knows. exactly, whatever works! haha! did you do rears too?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #1003
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Getting an Alpine 4-channel amp installed tomorrow for the door speakers! Should finish off the system nicely!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1004
WJHype
2001 WJ 

Quote:
yea different system... who knows. exactly, whatever works! haha! did you do rears too?
No I haven't done the rears yet. I might though soon. How did you wire those?
Unread 06-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #1005
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJHype

No I haven't done the rears yet. I might though soon. How did you wire those?
I ran positive and negative wire under the door sill thing on the floor and just tapped it in with the front leds. Both my front led and rear led wires are both tapped into the under dash light. The wire is so small I just shoved it under stuff. Haha.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.