Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Reply
Unread 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #76
HondaPeople
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: , Utah
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpowers View Post
How hard is it to wire the halos? Will a 55w 7000k kit give me that subtle blue tint? Or should I just stick with 6000k for max light?
The 6000K's are a blueish light. I got the 4300K's for mine and they are the whitest light available. I picked up the higher quality HID kit from ModExpress.com. Customer service is superb, and the quality of the water proof ballast and bulbs is right on par--quality stuff! With shipping the high quality kit was $90. There is a cheaper kit for $50, but the ballast isn't water proof/extreme vibration proof.

__________________
2011 Dodge RAM 1500-HEMI, 2001 WJ Laredo-V8
2008 Honda Recon ES 4x4, 2006 Honda Lawn Mower, 2001 Honda VFR800
HondaPeople is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #77
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Getting some maintenance/repairs done over the weekend (Jan 16. 2011)
Rear Main Seal
Front Crank Case Seal
Oil Pan seal
Tune up (new spark plugs)
Fuel service (throttle body cleaning)
Oil change (Mobile 1 10w-30 100% syn, high mileage with a mopar filter)

All for under $600 parts and labor
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #78
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPeople View Post
The 6000K's are a blueish light. I got the 4300K's for mine and they are the whitest light available. I picked up the higher quality HID kit from ModExpress.com. Customer service is superb, and the quality of the water proof ballast and bulbs is right on par--quality stuff! With shipping the high quality kit was $90. There is a cheaper kit for $50, but the ballast isn't water proof/extreme vibration proof.
Mod Express does not offer 55w HID's that DDM tuning does...
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #79
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,557
Got the CCFL halos and 6K HID's I ordered installed last night!!!! They look pretty effen sick bro!!! Havent even driven with them yet but im going riding today so Il have a chance to test them out on the way home... Took me about an hour but I definitely took my time and made sure they were all sealed up and wired properly. Spliced the Halo's and LED's right into middle running lights, the one that doesnt flash with the turn signal, removed that bulb and used electrical tape to seal that bulb connector rather than cut it off in case I ever wanted to return it to the stock setup... Took a few photos and Im going to post them along with a Tutorial in my build thread in the next day or two but for now Im heading off to ride for the day...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #80
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
Got the CCFL halos and 6K HID's I ordered installed last night!!!! They look pretty effen sick bro!!! Havent even driven with them yet but im going riding today so Il have a chance to test them out on the way home... Took me about an hour but I definitely took my time and made sure they were all sealed up and wired properly. Spliced the Halo's and LED's right into middle running lights, the one that doesnt flash with the turn signal, removed that bulb and used electrical tape to seal that bulb connector rather than cut it off in case I ever wanted to return it to the stock setup... Took a few photos and Im going to post them along with a Tutorial in my build thread in the next day or two but for now Im heading off to ride for the day...
OH AWESOME!!!! I'm so jelly of your CCFL halos. My driver side halos quit on me a few weeks ago.... they are just LED's for halos. I spliced them into the running lights too. Did you post the links to the projectors? I want to see pics etc. When you can! Congrats on it all!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #81
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
OH AWESOME!!!! I'm so jelly of your CCFL halos. My driver side halos quit on me a few weeks ago.... they are just LED's for halos. I spliced them into the running lights too. Did you post the links to the projectors? I want to see pics etc. When you can! Congrats on it all!
Ask and you shall receive...

They look beast IMO!!!! Im really happy with the look and performance!!! Plus people just move out of my way on the highway!!! The really nice thing about the projector housings is that it cuts the light perfectly so that the beam stays away from oncoming traffic and drivers ahead of you but extends way out on the right side to see the side of the road... Perfect for spotting animals, cars and signs... You can see the angle of it if you look at the last two photos... I love the contrast between the yellow orange of the fogs and the bright white halos/HID's!!!






With the Low Beam 6000K HID's ignited....




Only the Halo's lit up:










Enjoy!!!
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #82
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Looks good! I like the black housings with your black jeep and the chrome grill matches the halos. =) Looks so awesome! at least we both have LEGIT HID's!

LOL my beams are pointed way to far up. The cut-off line does not even come close to the road. its actually level with the jeep if not up just a bit.

My biggest decision was to either get black or chrome housings... I think chrome still looks good on my dub. what do you think?
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #83
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,557
I like the chrome ones on your WJ bro... It looks good!!! Your lights do look a little high so I would aim them down a bit IMO...I made sure mine were aligned properly because I hate getting pulled over and I would hate to blind someone, especially in the mountains..!!
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #84
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
I like the chrome ones on your WJ bro... It looks good!!! Your lights do look a little high so I would aim them down a bit IMO...I made sure mine were aligned properly because I hate getting pulled over and I would hate to blind someone, especially in the mountains..!!
I need to figure out how to adjust them, haha. I figured out the high beams but not the projectors.....
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #85
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I need to figure out how to adjust them, haha. I figured out the high beams but not the projectors.....
Ok... So you know the long bolt that you have to take out to get the headlights out...? If you look about 2 inches away from that there is a hole in the frame piece that kinda shapes around the back of the headlights... If you look down that hole it will be aligned with the alignment screw that is sticking out of the back of the headlight housings that adjusts them down or up... Then how I aligned mine was I pulled up behind a parked car and then backed up about 3 car lengths or roughly 40ft. Make Make sure your on an even surface FYI... My projectors have a 120 degree cut-off line so they dont blind other cars. You can see it on the photos. I aligned both lights so they made that cut-off line really defined on the pavement and the beam pattern left the car in front of me out of the light... IMO they are aligned perfectly because that line acts as a guide at night so If I find myself starting to get too close to the car in front of me on the highway, the bumper of that car starts to light up and I know to back off a bit... Perfect for driving when your exhausted from a hard day of riding...!!!
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #86
SplitNail
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,015
YES!!! THE NEW CCFL HALOS AR BRIGHT!!! WOO HOO!!! I cant wait to buy them! mine are SO dark.
__________________
1999 WJ 4.7L V8, 242 TC, Front Aussie Locker, 4 Inch RC X-Series lift, 17x8 w/ 4.5BS Black Rock Vipers, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, All AMSOIL Synthetic Fluids

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #87
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
Ok... So you know the long bolt that you have to take out to get the headlights out...? If you look about 2 inches away from that there is a hole in the frame piece that kinda shapes around the back of the headlights... If you look down that hole it will be aligned with the alignment screw that is sticking out of the back of the headlight housings that adjusts them down or up... Then how I aligned mine was I pulled up behind a parked car and then backed up about 3 car lengths or roughly 40ft. Make Make sure your on an even surface FYI... My projectors have a 120 degree cut-off line so they dont blind other cars. You can see it on the photos. I aligned both lights so they made that cut-off line really defined on the pavement and the beam pattern left the car in front of me out of the light... IMO they are aligned perfectly because that line acts as a guide at night so If I find myself starting to get too close to the car in front of me on the highway, the bumper of that car starts to light up and I know to back off a bit... Perfect for driving when your exhausted from a hard day of riding...!!!
Okay cool! thank you! I will have to check that out for sure this weekend!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #88
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
YES!!! THE NEW CCFL HALOS AR BRIGHT!!! WOO HOO!!! I cant wait to buy them! mine are SO dark.
You are getting new projectors?? If you decide on a housing please post! I want to see haha

So i still need to figure out how to FIX my Halo's on the driver's side... they quit working.
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #89
Akrobatiks
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
You are getting new projectors?? If you decide on a housing please post! I want to see haha

So i still need to figure out how to FIX my Halo's on the driver's side... they quit working.
Did you check the connections and wires? How long have you had them and where did you get them from? I think I remember you posting about it but I didnt wanna dig through the thread to look for it...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #90
SplitNail
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,015
The HID's melt the LED's its normal :/
__________________
1999 WJ 4.7L V8, 242 TC, Front Aussie Locker, 4 Inch RC X-Series lift, 17x8 w/ 4.5BS Black Rock Vipers, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, All AMSOIL Synthetic Fluids

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.