Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #751
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
Cutting grass FTMFW. i started when I was 13, and I'm still doing it this generation of kids SUCKS. hell I can't find anyone my age that has car, let alone a jeep, and working on cars is an unknown concept to them.

sucks living right next to a huge city.

__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #752
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
Cutting grass FTMFW. i started when I was 13, and I'm still doing it this generation of kids SUCKS. hell I can't find anyone my age that has car, let alone a jeep, and working on cars is an unknown concept to them.

sucks living right next to a huge city.
Same here, been doing lawns for YEARS! Been a great source of income, especially with the monopoly i am running in my neighborhood.

I have 2 maybe 3 really good friends who have the same thoughts and interests that I have. Works, have cars, love cars, have a freaking sense of reality. I am LOATHING these current 14-15-16 year old kids right now... they are all just stupid. And it makes me so mad!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #753
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Same here, been doing lawns for YEARS! Been a great source of income, especially with the monopoly i am running in my neighborhood.

I have 2 maybe 3 really good friends who have the same thoughts and interests that I have. Works, have cars, love cars, have a freaking sense of reality. I am LOATHING these current 14-15-16 year old kids right now... they are all just stupid. And it makes me so mad!
x2 and I'm a bit younger than you, so its even harder for me to find friends who enjoy working on cars, or are at least interested. Hell, I'd be glad to teach someone all I know if he were to just at least freakin try.
__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #754
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
x2 and I'm a bit younger than you, so its even harder for me to find friends who enjoy working on cars, or are at least interested. Hell, I'd be glad to teach someone all I know if he were to just at least freakin try.
Oh really you are? Yea I am only 18.

I do oil, tire rotation, etc etc. Yea I do not blame you at all, I'd for sure help someone if they were willing to at least try!

Edit: Noooooooo.... why are you six hours away from meee!!!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #755
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Oh really you are? Yea I am only 18.

I do oil, tire rotation, etc etc. Yea I do not blame you at all, I'd for sure help someone if they were willing to at least try!

Edit: Noooooooo.... why are you six hours away from meee!!!
I too do all the work on my jeep (with some help from my dad if needed) I've never taken it somewhere to get work done on it. The only time I'd take it to a stealership, is to get a recal done, lol.

yeah, i is far away there are *some* jeepers around here, but most of em are older. Charlotte has a lot of hispanics, blacks, and a lot of people from up north. its a complete melting pot here. Lets just say, there are a lot of ricers and gangbager cars here. I want to be out in the country.
__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #756
WJHype
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 223
Where are you in Charlotte? I live in the SouthPark area and all I see around here is foreign luxury cars. I do see a lot of lifted jeeps too surprisingly. Most are lifted 4DR JKs though.
WJHype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #757
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
yeah I'm southeast, I technically live in matthews, but I'm 3 minutes from Chatlotte city limits so I put my location as charlotte (better known ya know)
__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #758
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
I too do all the work on my jeep (with some help from my dad if needed) I've never taken it somewhere to get work done on it. The only time I'd take it to a stealership, is to get a recal done, lol.

yeah, i is far away there are *some* jeepers around here, but most of em are older. Charlotte has a lot of hispanics, blacks, and a lot of people from up north. its a complete melting pot here. Lets just say, there are a lot of ricers and gangbager cars here. I want to be out in the country.
Ahhh! Dad and cars! Warms my heart!

I know people who work at dealerships... had the rear main seal and crank case seal and oil pan gasket go and had it replaced for 500. That was something that my dad and I didn't feel sure enough to tackle. But my friend who works a Jeep dealership did it for me at his own garage/shop and charged 500 instead of the dealer 1200.
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #759
robd2003
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vincennes, IN, IN
Posts: 1,340
Im 20, have 2 friends who like to work on cars/jeeps. I mow my own lawn as since i have bought my own place. Other news also is im getting rid of my beloved WJ, and i have a new project waiting to be put in the garage.

[teaser pic of the new toy]
__________________
Jeeps:
99' XJ<->5.5" Lift; 35's; SYE; Winch; much more goodies too
02' WJ<->Rebuilt from wreck, still stock
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #760
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Ahhh! Dad and cars! Warms my heart!

I know people who work at dealerships... had the rear main seal and crank case seal and oil pan gasket go and had it replaced for 500. That was something that my dad and I didn't feel sure enough to tackle. But my friend who works a Jeep dealership did it for me at his own garage/shop and charged 500 instead of the dealer 1200.
Hell yeah, if youve got the connections then takin it somewhere is actually pretty nice! if they mess somethin up, its on their dime aha.

I am planning on an engine rebuild this fall! it should be a great learning experience.
__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #761
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Im 20, have 2 friends who like to work on cars/jeeps. I mow my own lawn as since i have bought my own place. Other news also is im getting rid of my beloved WJ, and i have a new project waiting to be put in the garage.

[teaser pic of the new toy]
Ahhhh Projects! Always fun! Really nice to have friends that share the exact same interest and have a real passion for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
Hell yeah, if youve got the connections then takin it somewhere is actually pretty nice! if they mess somethin up, its on their dime aha.

I am planning on an engine rebuild this fall! it should be a great learning experience.
Connections are nice for sure! Seeing how I am no where near a master mechanic.

I told my dad, "dad, If the engine needs rebuilt, it is being rebuilt as a 4.6+ liter engine, no exceptions"
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #762
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Did a project for my neighbor today. Lawn related of course. It is really nice to have a Jeep with the tow package, a best friend with a 6.5x12 trailer by Holmes, and some gas. I6 did okay seeing how much weight it was. Still hit 70 mph. Weight combined 1500 trailer plus 50 bags at 50 pounds a piece so, 2500 pounds of rocks. So 4000 or so pounds, I could DEFINITELY feel it back there and getting 11 mpg towing it.

So I am working on a rock garden that will eventually feature a waterfall that will be lit with lights. should be pretty awesome when done! Got the edging and base coat of rocks down. ideas for a waterfall?
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #763
robd2003
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vincennes, IN, IN
Posts: 1,340
Thats pretty cool, maybe you can do some lawn work for me! lol. The project is to get it running and driveable first. ha, then lift wheel adapters, and 4wd conversion
__________________
Jeeps:
99' XJ<->5.5" Lift; 35's; SYE; Winch; much more goodies too
02' WJ<->Rebuilt from wreck, still stock
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #764
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ
 
snobrdrkid07's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake/Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 8,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2003 View Post
Thats pretty cool, maybe you can do some lawn work for me! lol. The project is to get it running and drivable first. ha, then lift wheel adapters, and 4wd conversion
Jeep did well for probably over 8000 pounds total weight between the car and trailer. If you were close I would! I love getting cash/checks w/o taxes

That is a really good pace to start! 4x4 conversion will be sweet!
__________________
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #765
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Did a project for my neighbor today. Lawn related of course. It is really nice to have a Jeep with the tow package, a best friend with a 6.5x12 trailer by Holmes, and some gas. I6 did okay seeing how much weight it was. Still hit 70 mph. Weight combined 1500 trailer plus 50 bags at 50 pounds a piece so, 2500 pounds of rocks. So 4000 or so pounds, I could DEFINITELY feel it back there and getting 11 mpg towing it.

So I am working on a rock garden that will eventually feature a waterfall that will be lit with lights. should be pretty awesome when done! Got the edging and base coat of rocks down. ideas for a waterfall?
I dunno about you (it sounds like you do), but I really enjoy the work I do! Especially the nice yards....

plus you cant beat tax free money...
__________________
1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.