Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #736
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Jeep Memories Late 2004. The Paint looked sooo much better back then!!!

100_0344.jpg   100_0345.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #737
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

is that a landrover in teh background? its got a nice rack
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #738
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
is that a landrover in teh background? its got a nice rack
Yea that is one of those Land Rover Defender 90's! It was my uncles and was pretty sweet! He currently has a 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE now. When I got the Grand Cherokee, my Stepmom got a 2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE.

Uncles is the Black Rover, ours is the White Rover!
img_20101228_160850.jpg   img_20110129_102104.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #739
lloyd877
2001 WJ 

Those door sills are way cool. I don't know if they are $160 cool though. lol
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #740
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd877
Those door sills are way cool. I don't know if they are $160 cool though. lol
Exactly my thought man!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #741
straty1987

i have been looking at those Door Entry Guards for a long time but the money is well spend somewhere else unless i find a used set.

most new cars i have seen have them stock as advertising lol

i just don't like that its on the body and held on by double side tape and a few pop on clips
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #742
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987
i have been looking at those Door Entry Guards for a long time but the money is well spend somewhere else unless i find a used set.

most new cars i have seen have them stock as advertising lol

i just don't like that its on the body and held on by double side tape and a few pop on clips
Haha me too! Haven't seen a used set. I just want a set! Kinda cheesely secured.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #743
sherker55
2004 WJ 

stop with the nickle and dime little things here and there, and you put it into your lift jar...soon those nickels and dimes will buy that lift!
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #744
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55
stop with the nickle and dime little things here and there, and you put it into your lift jar...soon those nickels and dimes will buy that lift!
Alright man. I hear you. I'm done spending, hopefully, except for gas. I'm probably more likely going to get the 2012 jeep grand cherokee SRT with ther 6.4 hemi

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #745
straty1987

now that you and sherker55 mentioned that.
why don't you look for a lifted WJ and take it for a test drive with your dad. ask the guy what he did and it might show your dad that a small lift on a wj is not bad. if he still says no can try to buy one lifted wj.

nickel and dimming can go a long way. but from what i am seeing your not going nuts like paying $20 for each led strips. ebay and the used section never fail if you can wait and want to save. sadly i am buying things this way for my wj and spending the savings on other things or gas, $72 for 16.5 gal tonight
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #746
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987
now that you and sherker55 mentioned that.
why don't you look for a lifted WJ and take it for a test drive with your dad. ask the guy what he did and it might show your dad that a small lift on a wj is not bad. if he still says no can try to buy one lifted wj.

nickel and dimming can go a long way. but from what i am seeing your not going nuts like paying $20 for each led strips. ebay and the used section never fail if you can wait and want to save. sadly i am buying things this way for my wj and spending the savings on other things or gas, $72 for 16.5 gal tonight
A lifted WJ is really rare around here.

My six LED's were about 15 total. Lol. Yea gas blows... 85 the other day...

Ebay isn't bad at all. Find some good deals for sure on random stuff.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #747
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

To be honest, a good, quality lift of any sort will take a lot of saving. I live on my own and work full-time. Life is expensive. The recession + inflation while cost of living increases have made it difficult. Then pay has not increased in equal amounts to equalize the increases otherwise. So 4 years after the purchase of my ZJ I am now buying the parts, and it's not at all ambitious. Sometimes you have to save and restrain yourself from smaller purchases. Sometimes life doesn't just happen, allowing instant gratification. Though I realize these days people believe that's how it should be. Thus the insane debts people will get into in order to have stuff now instead of later. Wait, be patient, and work toward your goal. Set it, and then save toward it. It'll happen.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #748
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
To be honest, a good, quality lift of any sort will take a lot of saving. I live on my own and work full-time. Life is expensive. The recession + inflation while cost of living increases have made it difficult. Then pay has not increased in equal amounts to equalize the increases otherwise. So 4 years after the purchase of my ZJ I am now buying the parts, and it's not at all ambitious. Sometimes you have to save and restrain yourself from smaller purchases. Sometimes life doesn't just happen, allowing instant gratification. Though I realize these days people believe that's how it should be. Thus the insane debts people will get into in order to have stuff now instead of later. Wait, be patient, and work toward your goal. Set it, and then save toward it. It'll happen.
Why do you always have such good life lessons/advice. I really do take what you all say into serious consideration. Here is my piece of life for right now. I am pretty much done spending on the Jeep for now. I am going away to Virginia Tech in mid august and won't even see my Jeep till thanksgiving break. I need to get through mostly all freshman year without the Jeep. (Then after that I can have my Jeep.) So honestly I don't see many more significant mods going on it till summer 2012. As sad as it is, that is what the truth is, what the REALITY is, and not my fantasy/wishful thinking world has led me to thus far. The dub was the first car that I could call mine, it will always hold a sentimental value to me, forever. However, it wont be the last car, i know that for a fact.

The Jeep isn't going to make me money, my education and my degree is going to make me money, in turn to spend on the Jeep.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #749
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Why do you always have such good life lessons/advice. I really do take what you all say into serious consideration. Here is my piece of life for right now. I am pretty much done spending on the Jeep for now. I am going away to Virginia Tech in mid august and won't even see my Jeep till thanksgiving break. I need to get through mostly all freshman year without the Jeep. (Then after that I can have my Jeep.) So honestly I don't see many more significant mods going on it till summer 2012. As sad as it is, that is what the truth is, what the REALITY is, and not my fantasy/wishful thinking world has led me to thus far. The dub was the first car that I could call mine, it will always hold a sentimental value to me, forever. However, it wont be the last car, i know that for a fact.

The Jeep isn't going to make me money, my education and my degree is going to make me money, in turn to spend on the Jeep.
I seem to have a lot to dish out. It's strange really. Maybe I'm just getting old. What's the saying, "A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." I guess I'll have to settle for the latter. lol I don't think I have too much more youth left to waste anymore. But yeah, it really is important to take stock of things and make the most of your earlier years. Then you can build upon them and make something out of your life. It's not at all fun to be where I am, missing out on college. That's another goal I still have, to return to school one day. But it's all one thing at a time for me. Until I can get myself moved out of here...still seeking a job elsewhere. Honestly, jobs aren't easy to find anymore.

A degree will definitely help open up doors though. Best of luck at Virginia Tech. What'll you be studying there?

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #750
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I seem to have a lot to dish out. It's strange really. Maybe I'm just getting old. What's the saying, "A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." I guess I'll have to settle for the latter. lol I don't think I have too much more youth left to waste anymore. But yeah, it really is important to take stock of things and make the most of your earlier years. Then you can build upon them and make something out of your life. It's not at all fun to be where I am, missing out on college. That's another goal I still have, to return to school one day. But it's all one thing at a time for me. Until I can get myself moved out of here...still seeking a job elsewhere. Honestly, jobs aren't easy to find anymore.

A degree will definitely help open up doors though. Best of luck at Virginia Tech. What'll you be studying there?
"A Wasted Youth..." what defines that? It is a shame in the overall direction America is going in some aspects. I didn't even get a 'job' when i was 16-17-18... I just cut grass.

I really hope that VT will get me far, and I know that is also how much I put into it, is how much I will get out of it. I am looking to study engineering. Mechanical or Aerospace engineering (I'd like to design or build yachts for the private sector millionaires, haha)

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.