Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #61
MissKays01WJ
2001 WJ 

NICE DUB! Looks really good!

I've been running the projector/halo set up with HIDs now for over 2 years and I love it!! I started off with the 55w 10k which I loved but I wanted something a little brighter so I went with the 6k and they by far are my favorite! Gonna pick up some 8's for the XJ so we'll see how those go!

Keep up the good work!!!!

MissKays01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #62
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrobatiks View Post
Nice WJ so far bro. Looks good and once you get your lift and tires Im sure it will look sick!! Anyways, Not sure about him but I'm waiting on some CCFL halos and a 6K HID kit.

Planning on adding the install to my build thread so keep a look out for that if your interested. I should be getting them by early next week.... Super stoked!!!

Here is mine with the UV Lumincs halogen bulbs... They are nice but not bright enough for me... Cant wait to see what those HID's are going to be like!!! How do you like yours? Any regrets?

Fogs are PIAA 525's
Thank you, I appreciate it when I get complements... because it is do hard to keep up with so many people on here because I'm 17 and have ZERO budget for my WJ I was lucky enough to get it handed down.

I have a few pics earlier in the thread of my halos and HID's which you may have seen. They HIDS are just incrdible. And look awesome. Really give the jeep a whole new sweetness. Only regret, well not even a regret, but in VA they won't pass inspection.... but that's is nothing that would make me not keep them. I have lenses that keep the light out of peoples faces so in that sense it is not so bad. Hahaha. But my gosh they are bright. My high beams do nothing comapred to the HID's and are a ugly yelllow ish color. Need to find a white halogen bulb (any ideas)

You bulbs you really blue and white.... how are they in real life? Because I need new high beams to closer match my HID's. Haha

Your jeep is pretty badass man. I like it!!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #63
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKays01WJ View Post
NICE DUB! Looks really good!

I've been running the projector/halo set up with HIDs now for over 2 years and I love it!! I started off with the 55w 10k which I loved but I wanted something a little brighter so I went with the 6k and they by far are my favorite! Gonna pick up some 8's for the XJ so we'll see how those go!

Keep up the good work!!!!
Thank you! you have any pictures of them posted that you can direct me too? And we totally have the same jeep (minus the lift and year) haha!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #64
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Thank you, I appreciate it when I get complements... because it is do hard to keep up with so many people on here because I'm 17 and have ZERO budget for my WJ I was lucky enough to get it handed down.

I have a few pics earlier in the thread of my halos and HID's which you may have seen. They HIDS are just incrdible. And look awesome. Really give the jeep a whole new sweetness. Only regret, well not even a regret, but in VA they won't pass inspection.... but that's is nothing that would make me not keep them. I have lenses that keep the light out of peoples faces so in that sense it is not so bad. Hahaha. But my gosh they are bright. My high beams do nothing comapred to the HID's and are a ugly yelllow ish color. Need to find a white halogen bulb (any ideas)

You bulbs you really blue and white.... how are they in real life? Because I need new high beams to closer match my HID's. Haha

Your jeep is pretty badass man. I like it!!!
I think they would be a good match for you. Luminics UV bulbs They have the HID look but the low beams just dont throw enough light out IMO. Il take some photos of my HID's and High beams lit up once I get the HID's and throw em in. That way you can see whats up... BTW dont worry too much about keeping up with everyone. Your 17... I didnt even own a car for the past 8 years(drove my moms jeep and ex girls car)... My point is be patient and eventually things just fall into place and youl be able to have as sick of a jeep as you want.... Not trying to preach, Just sayin...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #65
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I think they would be a good match for you. Luminics UV bulbs They have the HID look but the low beams just dont throw enough light out IMO. Il take some photos of my HID's and High beams lit up once I get the HID's and throw em in. That way you can see whats up... BTW dont worry too much about keeping up with everyone. Your 17... I didnt even own a car for the past 8 years(drove my moms jeep and ex girls car)... My point is be patient and eventually things just fall into place and youl be able to have as sick of a jeep as you want.... Not trying to preach, Just sayin...
You are right. I am very fortunate to even have a car, especially a WJ. It is good for some one to get me to open my eyes and take a step back. In that sense, thank you.

As the lights go, thanks for the information, I will take a look at them when I get home.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #66
lpowers
2004 WJ 

How hard is it to wire the halos? Will a 55w 7000k kit give me that subtle blue tint? Or should I just stick with 6000k for max light?
lpowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #67
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpowers View Post
How hard is it to wire the halos? Will a 55w 7000k kit give me that subtle blue tint? Or should I just stick with 6000k for max light?
The Halos and LED's are not to difficult... you can use wire tappers (probably not the proper term, but I think that is what they are called) and just tap right into the parking/running lights... and add some disconnects, I did that, I took the housings out to file out just a tiny bit for my HID's and being able to remove the whole housing was very nice to be able to do!

My HID's My bulbs are H1's... your bulbs could be a different type... However I went with the 55w 6000k for the most light. There is a chart under the "Bulb Color" tab... Take a look at that.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #68
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I think they would be a good match for you. Luminics UV bulbs They have the HID look but the low beams just dont throw enough light out IMO. Il take some photos of my HID's and High beams lit up once I get the HID's and throw em in. That way you can see whats up...
What color type did you buy? "Hyper White" "Pure Blue" ? Thanks

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #69
lpowers
2004 WJ 

Should I purchase the upgraded wiring harness along with the hid kit since I'm doing the 55w kit?
lpowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #70
straty1987

Quote:
Should I purchase the upgraded wiring harness along with the hid kit since I'm doing the 55w kit?
i would its not allot and helps keep form over powering the stock cables.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
i did not even know that there was a "upgraded wiring harness" I ran 100 watt halogens in there since day 5 of owning the jeep in 04... so i figured 55 watt HID's would not cause a problem

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #72
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
What color type did you buy? "Hyper White" "Pure Blue" ? Thanks
Luminics UV = Ultra Violet
Unread 01-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #73
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Luminics UV = Ultra Violet
Please excuse me on that one. I had thought you went with hyper white by the pictures... because they did not look or have a purple(ish) tint

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #74
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Please excuse my idiocy on that one. I had thought you went with hyper white by the pictures... because they did not look or have a purple(ish) tint
LOL its totally cool!!!

Unread 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #75
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
LOL its totally cool!!!

Haha thanks. you would think hyper white would be. The whitest... ha

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.