Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 441 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #6601
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

People own personal houses on the beach and the horses just free roam around. Pretty cool actually.

Ran in 4-Low because it was really lugging the engine in hi range while in the soft sand. Kept it about 20-25 mph cruising. Sometimes slower.

Thanks T! Was a lot of fun, cool thing to do around here.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #6602
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Actually did something productive today. Greased the slip joint for the rear drive shaft. All the "stop bump" or whatever it is called is gone. Finally did a simple project and it fixed the problem! Imagine that. Usually doesn't happen.

Really wasn't much grease on it before.

U joints looked okay for the miles, no play.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #6603
NOVAXJ

2002 WJ 

Thats funny, I was down in OBX the same time you were. Too bad I didnt see that before!
NOVAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #6604
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh dang, I didn't see your Jeep. Where were you at, Corolla?

Ordered some HIR1 Bulbs for the fog lights. They cross reference a 9005 which also can be wiggled into the 9145 for light slot. I've been running 9005's in there and its been great but, want to try something new.

Bought 7 Quarts of Mobil 1 5w-30 and the PL30001 oversized filter. Hoping the 5w-30 will be a little thinner for cold starts.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #6605
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Updates for the past week or so:

- Changed the oil the other day with the thinner stuff. Didn't help at all with the cold starts... Oh well. Sent an oil sample to blackstone, we'll see what that says. Expecting nothing good to come from it.

- The HIR1 Bulbs are nice, a little brighter than the 9005 Sylvanias I had.

- Replaced the Moog SS, it was rusting bad and crappy. Didn't have much resistance to it after 1.5 years, junk. That boot killed it, should have not used it. Both the moog and the new one, are not "long enough" because of where the bracket mounts on the Moog Tie Rod setup... I can hit the steering stops turning left but can feel the SS stopping me from turning hard over right.

- Also took the time to check the TB bolt and wailed on that while I was under there. Greased the tie rod ends too.

- Lastly I keep blowing the damn fuse for the rear wiper and the interior lights. I have no idea why but it has blown about 5 times now in the past couple months.
10428553_10204027235787355_9079126909848444768_n.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #6606
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Things I need to do:
1. Install the freaking IRO Adjustable UCA's that I bought 6 months ago.
2. A-arm spacer
3. BJ's and WB's

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #6607
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
- Changed the oil the other day with the thinner stuff. Didn't help at all with the cold starts... Oh well. Sent an oil sample to blackstone, we'll see what that says. Expecting nothing good to come from it.
Fingers crossed...

Quote:
- Replaced the Moog SS, it was rusting bad and crappy. Didn't have much resistance to it after 1.5 years, junk. That boot killed it, should have not used it.
You're the first to have something bad to say about the Moog SS! As far as I know, my Rancho SS is still doing its job after ~2.5 years...

Quote:
Both the moog and the new one, are not "long enough" because of where the bracket mounts on the Moog Tie Rod setup... I can hit the steering stops turning left but can feel the SS stopping me from turning hard over right.
That doesn't seem right. Have you considered moving it up like I did? You can mount it 'just right' if you do.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #6608
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Fingers crossed...
The sample is getting there today. I have a very slight hope because the OPDA thing was replaced.

Quote:
You're the first to have something bad to say about the Moog SS! As far as I know, my Rancho SS is still doing its job after ~2.5 years...
I was almost not going to say anything, upsetting the status quo with the Moog. Even out of the box it had air in it and you could hear the bubbles. I am not the only one to say this either.

Quote:
That doesn't seem right. Have you considered moving it up like I did? You can mount it 'just right' if you do.

I don't know why this is but its been like this since I did the tie rod upgrade. The Moog Tie Rod SS mount point is more outboard than the factory. I don't think the clamp will go over the thicker part of the bar either. When full left there is still an 1.5-2" of silver rod showing.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #6609
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I was almost not going to say anything, upsetting the status quo with the Moog. Even out of the box it had air in it and you could hear the bubbles. I am not the only one to say this either.
Well, I've heard whispers that Moog's quality is diminishing. If this is true, hopefully they get their issues straightened out and start making a part worth buying.

Quote:
I don't think the clamp will go over the thicker part of the bar either.
With a hammer, some pliers, and a little fire, anything fits.

Quote:
When full left there is still an 1.5-2" of silver rod showing.
Weird. What brand did you replace the Moog SS with? Just curious.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 06-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #6610
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Sadly I have heard the same, don't know what the heck is going on there.

HA! I am sure that would get the job done.

I went with the RC-X 2.2 SS, had it on my floor for months. It is the same extended length as the Moog too. Did a side by side. Its bigger than the Moog and stiffer.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #6611
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #6612
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #6613
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The "Love-Hate" meter is now leaning a little more towards "love" haha.

Actually made my day when I read that, sometimes its the little things!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #6614
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Been tearing about the rear hatch panel, looking for signs of a bad wire. I keep popping the #8 Fuse for the rear wiper and the interior lights. Couldn't find anything wrong, voltage drop between the batter and the power lead was less than 0.1 volts. Heard some things that the rear wiper motor can appear okay but be going bad internally. Just the petty stuff.

Got a factory Power Steering Cooler coming to me all the way from Norway! Thanks Thomahawk!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #6615
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

If it is the early style (small aluminum cooler with barb fittings) it will be easy to install. If it is the late style (large cooler, hard mounted with metric threaded fittings) it will be a horrendous ***** to install and I honestly wouldn't bother. You don't need one anyway.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.