Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology

Unread 04-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #646
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibbyz99WJ
Open up a "lift fund" get a mason jar or something and label it with your goal and its price. Put it on the window sill in the kitchen. Throw 10 or 20 bucks in there when you can.

My mom hates it when I spend $ on the jeep. But if I do it that way she's ecstatic. Don't know why it works but it does
Well I've sold 300 dollars of stuff on ebay. I hope she'd let me buy some spacers. I'm worried about other expenses that it would require with lifting.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #647
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
The jeep isn't really sagging more then I just have a lot of stuff in there and it seems to sit a bit lower then it should.

Parents just don't want me spending money. I guess that's the main problem there.

I really am tempted to just order a BB but I really want springs. Uhh
i understand i like the springs too but they cost almost double then spacers and spring cost allot to ship.

if you look can get a deal i picked up 2" BB and MX6 shocks for a bit over $300 shipped. but still looking at 2" springs since you can add 3/4 spacers for a taller lift. would like a 3" lift but dose not work for me since its 90% DD.

going to see ho 2" lift dose verses stock at the park and re think after that in July
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #648
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
i understand i like the springs too but they cost almost double then spacers and spring cost allot to ship.

if you look can get a deal i picked up 2" BB and MX6 shocks for a bit over $300 shipped. but still looking at 2" springs since you can add 3/4 spacers for a taller lift. would like a 3" lift but dose not work for me since its 90% DD.

going to see ho 2" lift dose verses stock at the park and re think after that in July
Ahhhh wow that is not a bad deal at all!

I just feel like if I order spacers, I am somehow going to screw up something and get some crappy DW or something like that.

So have we talked about your stroker at all? Even if we did I still want to talk about it. hahahaha. I could totally do that without mom noticing
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #649
straty1987

Quote:
Ahhhh wow that is not a bad deal at all!

I just feel like if I order spacers, I am somehow going to screw up something and get some crappy DW or something like that.

So have we talked about your stroker at all? Even if we did I still want to talk about it. hahahaha. I could totally do that without mom noticing
yea hard to pass it up. shocks only had over 1K miles on them too. guy was selling his WJ lift for his TJ axle since it broke

spacers are not hard. just jack up the jeep and disconnect whats need to remove the spring. take out spring, take out coil isoltor, spacer on top then isolator then spring again.

if you can get upcountry coils can get about an extra inch

i really need to start a build tread and get the time to install things but i don't have a garage so i do the work on my street and first have to get the spot inform of my house
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #650
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987

yea hard to pass it up. shocks only had over 1K miles on them too. guy was selling his WJ lift for his TJ axle since it broke

spacers are not hard. just jack up the jeep and disconnect whats need to remove the spring. take out spring, take out coil isoltor, spacer on top then isolator then spring again.

if you can get upcountry coils can get about an extra inch

i really need to start a build tread and get the time to install things but i don't have a garage so i do the work on my street and first have to get the spot inform of my house
Spacers require an alignment?

I do a lot of work at home to. Stuff that can be done at home. Oil, tire rotate. Simple things.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #651
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ok I have some initiative going. Here is what is up. Mom said I can look into a 2" lift. I told her it just gives it a bit more aggressive look and doesn't mess anything up (hopefully)

Here is where I need opinions:
1. I am 99% sure I will NEVER (in the next few years at least) go over 2 inches. ---> Springs or Spacers?
2. Shocks? Skip the "no-name" shocks, wait till my current skyjackers blow and get some bilsteins? ---> yes or no?
3. Track-Bar? ---> chart says it is not needed, but what do you all think. Gonna be enough to mess anything up?
4. Control Arms ---> Need new CA??
5. Isolators ---> I do not think my iso's are that bad... I am loosing a bit of ride height b/c of my subs and crap in trunk being like 200 pounds and the stock springs are soft.
6. WHERE TO ORDER ---> I have a 10% off coupon right now on eBay. (that expires by the end of may 1st) Fat bob's, or ... ?
Thank you!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #652
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Fat bob's Coils only shipped ---> 253.20 (with FB military coupon ---> 232.20, I have family in military, idk if that counts)
Ebay fatbob's only coils shipped (w/ my 10% coupon) ---> 255.52

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #653
straty1987

Quote:
Spacers require an alignment?

I do a lot of work at home to. Stuff that can be done at home. Oil, tire rotate. Simple things.
some people do it others don't. better to be safe and just do it from the get go.
might want to look into the lifetime alignments for places like Firestone. its like $80 and as long as you own the jeep they will do it at no charge

i was planing on install my shocks with the jeep on the ground one day and then doing the spacers another day since i might not be able to get it done in one shot on the street.

it can be done http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=512721 just might take a bit longer
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #654
straty1987

Quote:
Ok I have some initiative going. Here is what is up. Mom said I can look into a 2" lift. I told her it just gives it a bit more aggressive look and doesn't mess anything up (hopefully)

Here is where I need opinions:
1. I am 99% sure I will NEVER (in the next few years at least) go over 2 inches. ---> Springs or Spacers?
2. Shocks? Skip the "no-name" shocks, wait till my current skyjackers blow and get some bilsteins? ---> yes or no?
3. Track-Bar? ---> chart says it is not needed, but what do you all think. Gonna be enough to mess anything up?
4. Control Arms ---> Need new CA??
5. Isolators ---> I do not think my iso's are that bad... I am loosing a bit of ride height b/c of my subs and crap in trunk being like 200 pounds and the stock springs are soft.
6. WHERE TO ORDER ---> I have a 10% off coupon right now on eBay. (that expires by the end of may 1st) Fat bob's, or ... ?
Thank you!
if your springs are go just get spacers to save money and get good shock

if you shock are at stock hight they will blow at some point but might be a year down the road. just skip the cheap ones and get a good set. if you can buy them now might be able to sell teh current ones you have.

for the isolators just jack up the jeep and take off the wheel to look at them. 200lbs is not allot to have sag

Quote:
Fat bob's Coils only shipped ---> 253.20 (with FB military coupon ---> 232.20, I have family in military, idk if that counts)
Ebay fatbob's only coils shipped (w/ my 10% coupon) ---> 255.52
FB has the better prices and your getting it form the direct company. join there mail list since they send out 10% off coupons now and then
Unread 05-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #655
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
some people do it others don't. better to be safe and just do it from the get go.
might want to look into the lifetime alignments for places like Firestone. its like $80 and as long as you own the jeep they will do it at no charge

i was planing on install my shocks with the jeep on the ground one day and then doing the spacers another day since i might not be able to get it done in one shot on the street.

it can be done http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=512721 just might take a bit longer
I think we did it with a jack and a jack stand with the skyjacker shocks

Quote:
if your springs are go just get spacers to save money and get good shock

if you shock are at stock height they will blow at some point but might be a year down the road. just skip the cheap ones and get a good set. if you can buy them now might be able to sell the current ones you have.

for the isolators just jack up the jeep and take off the wheel to look at them. 200lbs is not allot to have sag

FB has the better prices and your getting it form the direct company. join there mail list since they send out 10% off coupons now and then
The springs are okay, I just dont like how soft they are...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #656
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

If you can wait, I'll have my BB and NIB JKS track bar for sale after my Claytons go on.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #657
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
If you can wait, I'll have my BB and NIB JKS track bar for sale after my Claytons go on.
Springs or spacers?

Interested... YES. haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #658
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

If you just want a couple inches of lift, I'd go with OME HD coils and MX-6 shocks. That's what I'm wanting to do on my ZJ, only the ZJ variety, of course.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #659
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
If you just want a couple inches of lift, I'd go with OME HD coils and MX-6 shocks. That's what I'm wanting to do on my ZJ, only the ZJ variety, of course.
LOL... Keep dreaming... I am trying to work with about 200-250 dollars..

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #660
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
LOL... Keep dreaming... I am trying to work with about 200-250 dollars..
I've been working toward this goal for years myself, and my philosophy is do it right, or don't do it at all. But I'm not sure of the quality of BDS coils, and a lot of people run them. They might be pretty good. I just know OME are the best. I hope you can come to a decision. I'd say at this point you already know what you want to do though...

However, you really shouldn't go against your mom considering you're so young and still live with her.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.