Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 439 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #6571
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

Anything wrong with your bushings? I see you torqued the loose bolt, good.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #6572
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Tightening the bolts actually helped. I think the clunking stopped too. Bushings are in good to great shape. I stuck a pry bar between the body and arm and couldn't budge the bushings. They're still good.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #6573
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

After test driving a half dozen WJ Overlands, a WK Laredo, two KJs, and a handful of other vehicles, the wife is leaning towards a Midnight Blue Pearl 2004 WJ Laredo... Clean inside and out and 130k miles. We might match soon haha.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #6574
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh nice man! What was wrong with the WJ Overlands? I'd love the HO V8.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #6575
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Oh nice man! What was wrong with the WJ Overlands? I'd love the HO V8.
I love the engine, too. She doesn't like leather seats (too hot/cold on her legs if she's wearing a dress), they all had bad blend doors, and we already have one premium gas sucking Grand Cherokee. Plus, I've had four Jeeps and have yet to play with a 4.0. If all goes well we're picking it up on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #6576
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Fair enough, ha, there are advantages for a more simple WJ over the Limited/Overlands. Just make sure you can handle the 4.slow! Hope the sale goes well, post a pic if you want.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #6577
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I've lived through three Jeeps with 4.0's. Get the Overland. The H.O. 4.7 is just as reliable when taken care of as the 4.0 from what I've seen and it has a heck of a lot more get up and go. If you have to, find some donor seats and transplant them. The blend door issue can be dealt with. You can never deal with having a 4.0. I know all of us 4.slow owners drool over that 4.7 whether we like to admit it or not. The H.O. also gets better mpg than the 4.0. I know it shouldn't, but it does. That's running regular instead of premium. It'll live on reg, don't worry. My 4Runner recommends premium, too, but hardly anybody runs it in the 4.0 V6 that Toyota uses. No worries there.

Michael, I know this is your thread, and I'm not trying to knock the 4.0 or make out that it's bad. I just know that if I had to do it again, I'd get the Overland in an instant. Well, that's as long as the 247 is in good working order. It's a good 4wd system, QD. It just is often neglected and thus reverts to an open diff. It's something to check into.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #6578
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

SnowLeopard, I am going to have to agree with you there. While I am happy with my WJ, if I could do it all again, I would, go for the 04 Overland. I've weighed my WJ and it's pushing 4900 pounds. It takes a lot to get it going, and 195 HP doesn't go far. Overland Trim, HO, QD, and other goodies would be nice. Granted the HO, and QD system take a little bit more cash to maintain. But to me it'd be worth it. If I could somehow get my hands on a HO Drivetrain, I'd put it in my WJ. Do I need it, nah, but do I want it, of course.

Since you're local, for example, the hill on I-81 southbound nearing 460 exit for VT, I am OverDrive off running about 100% throttle to maintain speed up the hill, 65. Not ideal. I road in my buddy's V8 WJ, didn't even come close to needing to kick down.

It is all give and take.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #6579
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
If I could somehow get my hands on a HO Drivetrain, I'd put it in my WJ. Do I need it, nah, but do I want it, of course.
Want mine?
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #6580
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post

Want mine?
For three-fidty, i'll take it.

Put the air compressor in yesterday. Placed it between back seat and the sub box. Made use of that wasted space. Ran a relay for it and tied power into my junctions under the seat. Put the switch in the trunk above the cig outlet. No tank of anything, yet.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #6581
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
For three-fidty, i'll take it.
I'm assuming you're referencing South Park?

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #6582
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post

I'm assuming you're referencing South Park?
Correct.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #6583
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Decided to bed in or burn in the brakes again. Smoothed them out, so I am happy with that. Light city driving probably doesn't help with possible glazing and hot spots.

Decided to check the transmission fluid this morning. I have had some delay in shifts, 2-3, when cold for awhile now, although its has been good when warm. I haven't checked the level in over a year, and sure enough it was just on the minimum mark on the hot mark. Filled it up to just shy of the Max Hot mark. Maybe that will help in the cold mornings, who knows. Measured it hot, in Neutral, running.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #6584
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well, the interior lights are working, nothing. I flipped the dimmer switch all the way down and then up, nothing. All the windows and locks work. I pulled the #7 fuse for the lights and it was good. I don't know what happened to them. Maybe I'll try pulling the negative battery cable for a bit? Any other fuses I can try?

Edit/Update - It was raining and noticed the rear wiper wasn't working, bingo. The next fuse over #8 was blow, which does Rear Wiper and I guess the interior lights as well?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #6585
NOVAXJ

2002 WJ 

I dont remember if I ever asked this, but I see it says you are from Chesapeake. Im guessing you are in Blacksburg for school, are you ever back in the peake? Just curious cause thats where I am at currently lol.
NOVAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.