Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 420 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #6286
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
So you didnt upgrade it all around 4 corners at the same time,,,
Nope, only did the fronts. Couldn't justify the cost for the rears at the time. I'll *probably* put something OEM in the rear.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #6287
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Ok, i see, but hey, your rears lasted long though
Stop hitting the brake, hit the Throttle instead.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #6288
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The rear rotors are WORN the rear pads are probably near their end.

Lol hitting the throttle in the I6 doesn't do much. The transmission just drops two gear abruptly and then nothing happens. :P
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #6289
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
The rear rotors are WORN the rear pads are probably near their end.

Lol hitting the throttle in the I6 doesn't do much. The transmission just drops two gear abruptly and then nothing happens. :P
LMFAO, sorry
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #6290
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Like I am seriously waiting one day, I'll do a hard kickdown, the transmission will just fall out.

As for the brakes, I guess that just sucks. I am doing the oil in the next week or so, I guess I'll start to think about the rear rotors/pads

Brakes don't unglaze themselves do they?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #6291
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Like I am seriously waiting one day, I'll do a hard kickdown, the transmission will just fall out.

As for the brakes, I guess that just sucks. I am doing the oil in the next week or so, I guess I'll start to think about the rear rotors/pads

Brakes don't unglaze themselves do they?
No i dont think they unglaze themself,
Been looking for a new WJ, but nothing out there right now, just 3.1 fiat diesel and 2.7CRD's, which is not interesting, all i want/need is a 4.7(HO), dosent seem like they sold many after 2000, due to tax shhhh

Unread 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #6292
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I mean I would not be shy'd away from the Diesel personally. I *hear* you can throw some more boost into them and wake them up some more.

I am only getting *maybe* 10-11 mpg currently commuting around town.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #6293
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

No i dont think they unglaze themself,
Been looking for a new WJ, but nothing out there right now, just 3.1 fiat diesel and 2.7CRD's, which is not interesting, all i want/need is a 4.7(HO), dosent seem like they sold many after 2000, due to tax shhhh
Errr in America I don't think we got the 4.7HO until the overland in 02. I might be wrong though

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #6294
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post

Errr in America I don't think we got the 4.7HO until the overland in 02. I might be wrong though
This is true. ^

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #6295
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Yeah thats right guys, i meant that they didnt sell many 4.7 after 2000, cause then they had the 3.1 Fiat diesel option (00-01), and later on 2.7CRD (02-04), therefor not many 4.7 or HO around here from after 2000.
Will keep on looking
Cause i dont drive a Jeep for mpg, Even if the goverment tries to kill me with their gas taxes.

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #6296
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

How much is it a gallon of gas over there? (US Gallon and USD) haha.

Nope, I drive my WJ for the pleasure of burning fuel and making Prius owners unhappy.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #6297
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
How much is it a gallon of gas over there? (US Gallon and USD) haha.

Nope, I drive my WJ for the pleasure of burning fuel and making Prius owners unhappy.
Thats the spirit, Thumbsup
By todays price and exchange rate we ONLY pay 9.51USD pr/gallon
We just elected a new goverment, from the right side,
They Are more pro anything auto, and problebly they will keep their promisses and lower the Road tax, new car tax, and fuel tax,

Cant be worse than our left side Sosialistic goverment That we had the 8 last years.
They Been building roads for sure, but they dont use any money, its all funded by loans from abroad and we have to pay That down with interests and everything, thrue toll road put up everywhere, making it cost twice as needed.

The primemininster called this priority of roadbuilding, to keep up the lack of new development and maintainance, a fair share of costs between the ppl (thrue tollroads) and the goverment.
Recently the news reveeled That the average share for all Road development the last 8 years was a 94% funding from tollroads, and goverment funded 6% total.

Thats what they call a fair share around here.

Also lots of the gas and roadtax Are put back into public transportation, not back into the roads.

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #6298
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
So you didnt upgrade it all around 4 corners at the same time,,,
While you can upgrade all at once, it isn't really necessary as the front does most of the stopping. When I went to Centric rotors and Hawk LTS pads in the front, I was tempted to do the same for the back. Billz suggested I focus my cash on the front and throw some cheaper pads on the back. It's cost friendly and still produces an excellent result.

Edit: I just realized there was another page of responses so this post seems a bit out of place!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #6299
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Thomas: Yeah so currently the $3.29 a gallon I paid the other day isn't too bad. I got a solid 240 miles to 20 gallons. Oh, that seems like a fair share of 4%/96%. Yikes. We (America) needs to step it up on their interstate system and infrastructure maintenance. But that is a topic for another place.

Chris: Yeah we start to get on a pretty good roll of conversation around here. But, I did the same. I figured that the fronts do the heavy majority of stopping and the rears obviously not so much. I don't know what the split is between F/R but maybe I would guess 80/20? Plus the Stillens cost the same for the rear pads and rotors as the fronts did. (Which didn't make that much sense to me, unless they are a vented rear rotor unlike the ehe OEM rear disks are.) Then back on brakes subject, I don't think I can get my front rotors turned because they are drilled...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #6300
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I don't think I can get my front rotors turned because they are drilled...
I don't know if I should have but back in the younger days, I turned my drilled rotors on the Grand Am...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.