Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 419 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #6271
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

For Merc

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #6272
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Trip update from Thursday, 8/22. Did about 300 miles from home to VT and the Jeep actually did great. I only have a few times where it shimmied a little bit, which were not bad at all. I don't what magically changed but everything went well on a nice any easy drive up. Did about 60-65 for the majority of the trip. Averaged about 19 MPG and the Jeep was LOADED down, stuffed to the top! haha.

Just a little picture from the beginning of the loading.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #6273
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Bought some more switches and accessories from OTTATTW. Still my go to place for really nice rocker switches. I bought another switch for the Light bar, terminal blocks to hold the individual wires, and a bezel/bracket for the switches.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #6274
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Bought some more switches and accessories from OTTATTW. Still my go to place for really nice rocker switches. I bought another switch for the Light bar, terminal blocks to hold the individual wires, and a bezel/bracket for the switches.
Pics pls,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #6275
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I'll get pics for you as soon as they come in! I am pretty excited haha. Been meaning to clean up my dash for awhile now too.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #6276
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Here is the almost finished switches. I forgot to order the fancy trim pieces Although I'll probably leave it at it sits.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #6277
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So I have been having this weird thing going on while braking. It happens regardless if I am in D or N. So when I am coming to a stop from like ~30 mph to stop, I get this pulsing feeling in the Jeep, like half the rotor is grabbing while the other half is grabbing less. So, as speed decreases, the frequency of the "pulsing" decreases as well. If that makes sense? I do not have any shimmy in the steering wheel from it, and I might feel it in the pedal, not really sure there. Don't really notice anything at highway speeds either. I think it is the rear brakes to be honest. Not sure why it's doing this, "lurching / pulsing" feeling. Ideas?

Edit: Rear rotors are pretty worn.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #6278
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
So I have been having this weird thing going on while braking. It happens regardless if I am in D or N. So when I am coming to a stop from like ~30 mph to stop, I get this pulsing feeling in the Jeep, like half the rotor is grabbing while the other half is grabbing less. So, as speed decreases, the frequency of the "pulsing" decreases as well. If that makes sense? I do not have any shimmy in the steering wheel from it, and I might feel it in the pedal, not really sure there. Don't really notice anything at highway speeds either. I think it is the rear brakes to be honest. Not sure why it's doing this, "lurching / pulsing" feeling. Ideas?

Edit: Rear rotors are pretty worn.
Hmmm, didnt you do the Stillen upgrade not long ago?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #6279
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Glazed pads+rotors will do that. You can have the rotors turned and then sand the pad face just to break the glaze, then re-bed them in.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #6280
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah I did the Stillen's last summer, like June 2012.

Think it could be the rears? Because I don't feel any type of shimmy in the steering... or does glazing not cause shimmies? And how do rotors/pads become glazed?

Thanks

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #6281
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah I did the Stillen's last summer, like June 2012.

Think it could be the rears? Because I don't feel any type of shimmy in the steering... or does glazing not cause shimmies? And how do rotors/pads become glazed?

Thanks
How many miles have you been putting on them since new?
My old rotors lasted 3 years and about 60K km,
Idk about the glazing Michael,
Why does this happen?

Unread 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #6282
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The worse kind of glazing happens when you get the brakes good and hot and then come to a stop. The pad will transfer a little extra material to the rotor when you've stopped. Since there's no warp, there's no pulse in the pedal, just pulse in the amount of braking provided.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #6283
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
The worse kind of glazing happens when you get the brakes good and hot and then come to a stop. The pad will transfer a little extra material to the rotor when you've stopped. Since there's no warp, there's no pulse in the pedal, just pulse in the amount of braking provided.
Like my really hard brake down That ended in the rear end thinghy?

Unread 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #6284
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Pretty much exactly 11k miles on the front Stillen Rotors and Pads

116k Miles on the rear rotors and probably 40k miles on rear pads

Oh... wonderful, that is all I do. Usually around town the lights will change, fast. I'll have to slam the brakes at times.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #6285
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Pretty much exactly 11k miles on the front Stillen Rotors and Pads

116k Miles on the rear rotors and probably 40k miles on rear pads

Oh... wonderful, that is all I do. Usually around town the lights will change, fast. I'll have to slam the brakes at times.
So you didnt upgrade it all around 4 corners at the same time,,,
But i got to say Those rears lasted very long.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.