Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 417 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #6241
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I think they should be there too
But you might wire up the pci bus cable,,,

From wjjeeps>>>
Upgrading to power or power/heated seats (Laredo models)
Power or power/heated seats can be added to most WJ's that came with standard seats. The entire seat assemblies will have to be exchanged. All seats use the same bolt pattern so the installation fit will always be exact. For power seat wiring, all that is required is a constant +12V wire and a Ground wire. Vehicles that came without power seats are not pre-wired. For the Ground wire it is probably best to run it over to the center console area where it can be attached to a metal bracket. Do not drill a hole in the floor below the seat. For the power lead, run a wire with an in-line fuse up to the fuse panel area where you can find a + wire to tap into.

Power / heated seats (leather only)

For 1999-2004 Grand Cherokees that came without heated seats the wiring is a little more involved as the heat function is controlled via the PCI Bus and you will be hooking up two seats. Two heated seat switches will have to be purchased and installed in the center bezel. Some center bezels have the holes pre-cut with blank plates installed while others may have to be trimmed out with a dremel type tool. Some owners elect to just purchase a new center console bezel assembly as there are several choices available (with and without ashtray for example). See Interior Trim for a list of part numbers for center bezels.

NOTE: A factory pre-wired harness for the heated seat switches is located behind the center lower bezel in most if not all models that did not have this feature. All you have to do is plug the two harness plugs into the two heated seat switches.

Power / heated seat wiring at the seat location

For the driver's seat, Pin 4 (red) is the 12V lead and Pin 5 (black) is the Ground.

On the Passenger seat Pin 3 (Red/LB) is the 12V lead and Pin 2 (black) is the Ground.

The Ground wires for the two seats should be run together to one Ground location. The power wires for both seats can be hooked together and a single wire with an in-line fuse run to the front fuse box area.

The PCI Bus wire is run from the drivers seat to a location under the dash where you can tap into any PCI wire. Most owners have just tapped into the Bus at the radio harness. On 1999-2001 WJ's, a single separate PCI wire plugs into the back of the radio. For 2002-2004 models tap in to Pin 14 of the 22-pin radio harness. Radio wiring diagrams can be found Here .

In addition to the PCI Bus, Power and Ground, four wires must be run between the drivers seat and the passenger seat, as shown in the table below:

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #6242
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Dug deeper and I do not have the harness for the heated seats or the switches.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #6243
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Dug deeper and I do not have the harness for the heated seats or the switches.
I have the complete wireing diagram for the seats and heat switches on my computer, i Will find it for you, if you would like to just draw your own wires, it shouldnt be to hard, your skilled electro wise.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #6244
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah I guess I am not seeing the bigger picture here? Don't I need the harness to plug into the switches or else nothing would work? I don't get how "tapping into" the PCI Bus wire is going to make the heated seats work?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #6245
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Yeah I guess I am not seeing the bigger picture here? Don't I need the harness to plug into the switches or else nothing would work? I don't get how "tapping into" the PCI Bus wire is going to make the heated seats work?
Ok, i will try to explain, you got 12V+ and ground to the seat, the switches Are not open/closed contacts, they Are resistor switches, open in off position, and have a spesific ohm value in high and low position.

So the seat Get a steady/solid 12V+ and ground.
The switches Get 12V but will only send out 0-5V back to the BCM, regarding if they Are in high or low position.

The BCM sends signal to the seat thrue the pci wire to heat the seat in high or low setting.
This is now only regulated by the termostat in the seat so its not overheating/take fire.

The pci wire will Work as your control wire, not by on off but by voltage 0-5V.
Ex, 3V low heat, 5V high heat.

The BCM sends this switches signals/values to the seat (pci cable), so the seat module reconize the signal and feel the termostat, and know what to do, turn on low/high/off.

Hopes this explain some more.

Unread 07-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #6246
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I am thinking that this heated seat project may be too far out of my comprehension of wiring. Especially leery about tapping into PCI and BCM stuff, that could get nasty. I do not even have the plug to go into the back of the heated seat switches.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #6247
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I am thinking that this heated seat project may be too far out of my comprehension of wiring. Especially leery about tapping into PCI and BCM stuff, that could get nasty. I do not even have the plug to go into the back of the heated seat switches.
Cut the plug for switches from a JY.
The wireing is pretty straight forward,
Tapping into the PCI wire is easy, just soldier and heatshrink, nothing can Go wrong with this as Long as you disconect the battery while working on it.
I did this when i hooked up my skim bypass module for the Viper alarm.
You Will only need to draw a pci wire from Seat module to the PCI wire on the radio, so its conected with the BCM and can "comunicate".
And wireing for the switches.

Unread 08-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #6248
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

What signal does the PCI Wire give the seats? IIRC there are like 7 wires that go into each switch.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #6249
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Its a coded signal, where each module have its own identity, so they reconize each other and can comunicate, with data signals, 0 and 1's.

Google bus signal, to advanced for me to explain, but out of the wireing diagram it should be only one wire as i see it.

Unread 08-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #6250
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

If you mean the heated seat switches, there should be 5 wires going to each switch, refering to the wireing diagram

Wires at switches:
White/Pink (WH/PI), +12V
Black (BL), ground

Orange (OR), bus wire (BCM>switch)
Orange/Black (OR/BL), bus wire (switch>BCM)
Light Green/Red (LG/RD,) bus wire (driver switch>BCM)
Light green/White (LG/WH), bus wire (passenger switch>BCM)

These Are really not bus signals between the switches and the BCM, they Get 12V in and Are resistor switches, sending about ex, 5 and 7V back to the BCM telling the BCM which position the switch is set at.
(I know i have seen a thread with the messuring parameters for the hi/lo setting)
The bus signal is between the BCM and seat module.

Hope this helps out,,,,?
image-801278833.jpg

Unread 08-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #6251
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah that helps out I think. I am going to keep my eyes out for the harness around the JY and Internet.

Problem 2 is that I don't even have a wiring harness going to my passenger seat... like at all.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #6252
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^Good
Like you got no power seat at all?

Unread 08-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #6253
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have power seats on my pass side. But by my own power and ground source.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #6254
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I have power seats on my pass side. But by my own power and ground source.
Uh, yeah, well well,
shouldnt have anything to say, as Long as,,,
the bus wire is wired from the BCM to the Seat module,
And switches to the BCM.
And both Seat have power and ground,

Then you should have everything you need IMO.

Unread 08-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #6255
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The driver's seat should not be that bad. Since it already has the full harness. Like I just plugged in the new seat base right too it. so that should be good to go.

Breaking it down some more, the DRIVER's switch needs a +12v, ground, Wire to the BCM and a wire from the PCI?

Might have scored a single pigtail for a few dollars on eBay.
kgrhqz-pifhhfrnkl8bryd5qhts-60_57.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.