Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 414 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #6196
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I've got new oil pan gasket, rear main seal, and crank case deal. About 30k on them so I would not expect them to be weak. Are there any other seals that I'm missing?
When did you get a new oil pan gasket?? I know there's also valve cover deal (but that's mad easy to do, and head gasket (shouldn't be held together with sludge anyways) but I'm sure there's other seals internal to the engine I'm not familiar with (perhaps oil pump seal?)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #6197
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post

When did you get a new oil pan gasket?? I know there's also valve cover deal (but that's mad easy to do, and head gasket (shouldn't be held together with sludge anyways) but I'm sure there's other seals internal to the engine I'm not familiar with (perhaps oil pump seal?)
I had them all done awhile back, maybe two years ago. Even the valve cover and the timing chain cover.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #6198
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

You should be fine, some of Those engine cleaner/flush can be to strong and might cause problems with Leaks.

I have used the Omega engine flush at every oil change at my Jeep for 4 years now,
Havent had any leak and my engine use use no oil at all, supricingly after 168k km.

http://www.magnagroup.com/products/o.../907/index.asp

Idk if its availeble over there in US.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #6199
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I'd do the ATF trick. Works for me, never had any ill effects. It goes like this...

When you're ready for an oil change, pull the filter. Slap a new one on. Replace the missing oil (about 1 qt) with ATF. Doesn't matter which kind, just get the cheapest you can. Drive about 100 miles. Drain all oil + replace filter again. I looked into the drain hole on my old Audi after doing this and the crankcase was downright shiny when peering in there. Another thing you can do is just run really short OCIs with cheapo oil, like do 3 changes every 1000 miles and you'll probably see a much cleaner engine in the process.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #6200
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ahh ha, the ATF trick, I did not forget about this and was thinking about it. (After I saw a quart sitting in my trunk, left over from the Aux Cooler install. ) Just got some coupons for Mopar Parts, and picked up 3 oil filters for free at the dealer. I might just have to utilize an extra one. I won't be doing an oil change though for another 1,800 miles. Shooting for a 5k OCI again. When I sent in my oil to BlackStone, while dirty, they said it was still considered "good" so I feel running out to 5k shouldn't hurt.

While on the oil topic, dare I bring up the Synthetic vs. Conventional debate? This has been picking my brain for awhile. I had dropped off the Saab, 2011? 9_3 Turbo, the service guys I took it too said that they wanted to switch it over to Conventional after the warranty expires. The manual calls for synthetic xxw-xx, so running what the manual says won't void warranty blah blah. But afterwards, make the switch because he was telling me that synthetics can gel up and cause clogs? There was more too it but I was too busy trying to figure out why he would say that in my head at the time, I forgot some of the rest. Bottom line he was pretty adamant about not running Synthetic. We've been running synthetic literally for the entire life of the WJ and I don't thinks its had any harm done because of it. It seriously has not seen a drop of conventional since the break in oil, per my memory and data log. Don't know, seems like everyone has opinions, would love to see some numbers/tests/data.

I've considered running Rotella T5 since the I6 is such a diesel at heart.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #6201
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Also picked up a leather steering wheel with radio controls. Got it for a steal and it is in good condition. Leather isn't torn up or anything.

Also taking care of this little guy too, well girl haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #6202
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Been busy blah blah blah as usual. Have not had a chance to finish the rims yet... STILL.

-Put the leather steering wheel on after I cleaned it. In real good shape too. Have to get my audio guys to program the radio controls on the wheel.
-Won a heated passenger mirror for cheap on eBay
-Ordered some new rear glass hatch struts on closeout for $7 a piece. Figured they should work better than... not at all haha. Tired of getting hit in the head!
-Got some vertical power motors of eBay for cheap too. Going to finally attempt to replace the broken motor on the driver's side rear up and down.

Jeep has not been seeing as much love as usual haha. Just been driving it around town and some hour trips. I've found that just taking it easy on the highway will result in a much better ride. Hitting an off center bump at 55-60, eh maybe a shimmy or two. Hitting the same thing at 80... more than a shimmy or two...

The track bar bushings I guess finally soaked up all the grease from about a month ago. It has been quiet and I've been happy. I can come to a stop and not here any clunks or pops! Being able to drive around and not here those sounds are comforting!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #6203
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

New WJ JKS Track Bar - http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...4dd7de401488e1

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #6204
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Interesting... I wonder if they sell just the johnny joint end. It'd be curious to try it out since I've been using the standard JKS for quite some time now.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #6205
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Probably wouldn't sell just that end. I guess they finally redid it after having bushings problems.

I wonder if that Johnny Joint has like a spanner tool too tighten it or its just a sealed unit.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #6206
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Just another day with the transmission screwing with me. Oh well.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #6207
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I'm not sure I noticed anything weird... What's it doing?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #6208
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

When I was letting off the gas after cruising at speed, it would kinda clunk and the RPM's would drop and it would feel like it's applying brakes. Is there supposed to be that much of a drop in RPMs?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #6209
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Remember, RJ stole my WJ so I won't be able to check for some time!

Have you checked to make sure the clunk isn't coming from a drive shaft u-joint?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #6210
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Hmmm... I'm not sure. Remember, RJ stole my WJ so I won't be able to check for some time!

Have you checked to make sure the clunk isn't coming from a drive shaft u-joint?
"Felt" different, maybe it isn't. This stupid transmission is always trolling me. It makes the weirdest vibrating and grinding sound only in Neutral. Screw it, when it really breaks, I'll know haha.

U-Joints are still good. There is the large amount of slop in the rear diff. Always get a nice clunk going to Reverse. Lol

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.