Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 411 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #6151
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I guess the grease finally dried up. I need some thick and sticky grease. Which it seems like that is what the energy suspension grease is like.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #6152
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I guess this is why the 2" bump stops were a little too long...
forumrunner_20130502_202554.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #6153
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Put em in sideways!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #6154
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

That could work if I drill holes in it. Wonder how the track bar bolt would fair with this there...

I guess if I ever get the other bolt in there I could have the nut facing the rear instead of the front.
forumrunner_20130502_234235.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #6155
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Greased the outer face of the bushings... didn't help. Still makes the same crunch, pop, squeak, lame. Maybe I need to grease the outside of the sleeve. :/ What rotates if the sleeve is stationary? The bushings supposed to rotate on the sleeve?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #6156
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Track bar is still acting up bad after a few minutes of driving. Weird that is is fine for a little bit but, I guess as it warms up, it starts to squeak. My guess is the bushing is trying to rotate on the sleeve and just failing miserably. I would think the sleeve would be stationary...

Thinking of finding an "easy" way of adding a temp gauge to the transmission... Yeah the word easy... hah.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #6157
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Track bar is still acting up bad after a few minutes of driving. Weird that is is fine for a little bit but, I guess as it warms up, it starts to squeak. My guess is the bushing is trying to rotate on the sleeve and just failing miserably. I would think the sleeve would be stationary...

Thinking of finding an "easy" way of adding a temp gauge to the transmission... Yeah the word easy... hah.
To get a rough idea you can put a sender inline at the cooler input hose upfront but that may not be all that accurate the best way is to have a pan-mounted sender.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #6158
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Left the sunroof flipped up during a heavy storm. Awesome, soaked the headliner, seats, and carpet. Stained the seats too, going to have to find a way to clean them. While I was inside towelling stuff off, I had the AC on full blast and on recirculate and it helped dehumidify the cabin and dry it out. What a mess.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #6159
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
To get a rough idea you can put a sender inline at the cooler input hose upfront but that may not be all that accurate the best way is to have a pan-mounted sender.
I was wondering if there was any way I could add a sensor to the pan. I guess when I did the fluid/filter drain/replace.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #6160
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Left the sunroof flipped up during a heavy storm. Awesome, soaked the headliner, seats, and carpet. Stained the seats too, going to have to find a way to clean them. While I was inside towelling stuff off, I had the AC on full blast and on recirculate and it helped dehumidify the cabin and dry it out. What a mess.
Auch thats shhh, hope you got it sorted out.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #6161
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Auch thats shhh, hope you got it sorted out.
It seems like the headliner will be okay. I was going to leave the windows open to vent it out, but it has been raining off and on. So it has been hot and the Jeep was a sauna inside haha.

Did get a chance to work on the seats but I should be able to stain remove them.

Took a 40 mile cruise to nowhere today with the AC running and on Recirculate, It got cold in there! But, it helped dry it out more.

I'll tell you guys, I love how the Jeep rides on the highway and around town. Those damn bumps though!? Haha, the DAY I get home I am swapping the Overland rims and tires on and going to go from there. Everyone says I need to do ball joints but there is just no play in them... I do need to do axle side uppers, thats on the list. Would really hate to un-lift the damn thing.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #6162
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Now that you've had your Transmission Cooler for a while, how has it been treating you? How was the fitment, etc.? I'm going to place an order for one today and wondered: If you could do it again, would you go with the same one (Derale D13503) or would you get something different?

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #6163
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have been very happy with it thus far. Fitment was a little tight as it is a "Class III" Cooler and rather large. But, got it in there nonetheless. I did not mount it on the AC condesnor as shown in the thread/pictures here It kinda sits on the two bars that hold the hood latch and I have not had an issue with it there. I've had to tighten a hose clamp once on the Jeep side metal to rubber hose connection but nothing major. I went to the auto store and purchases like 6-8 feet of large ID TRANSMISSION fluid rated hose and just used that to keep it symmetrical. They provide you with some hose but, for my install it was not enough.

I oriented it sideways with the flow coming from the transmission to the bottom and from the top back to the transmission. (I need to double check this however, I do recall something like this so it would not all drain back and have to be pumped up every time.)

As you may know, I went from the trans, through the factory cooler, and then to the aux cooler and back to the transmission. I've had no negative effects that I can say with this setup in the way of "overcooling". I've been able to go out start up the Jeep in 0 degree weather and after a minute down the street it will lock up the torque converter. Basically I've never in the life of the Jeep had the torque converter *not* lock up because it was too cold. I've been meaning to get a temperature sensor in there sometime. I wish Jeep has a real trans temp monitor and real oil pressure gauge (in the 02-04's)

*Update* From a Derale Rep on the orientation... (Went *way* back in the emails...(3/9/12))

Me - "Hello, I have just bought a Series 8000 Oil Cooler, stock number 13503 and I was wondering what way you should orient the cooler. As in, where the barbs should be pointing to connect the rubber hoses? Downwards or on the side? Thank you."

Derale Rep - "In the best case you would want the fittings to be pointing towards the sky. Second you would want them to either side. Last is facing down."

Me -"... Now, does it matter how the fluid flows through the cooler? From the looks of it, I did not see any indications that said one barb over the other. But, I was thinking to route the lines for the fluid to flow "up" through the radiator for the way of backflow prevention... "

Derale Rep - "Yes, for the most effective routing you will want the flow of the fluid to move up through the cooler."

I hope that clears up the orientation and fluid flow. Reason I did not point them upwards is there was not enough room or I did not have enough hose, I can not remember. But, it has been fine on its side.

Summary: Yes, I would do it again over and over. Best investment towards the 42re to keep it happy. I was able to do it my College's parking lot with basic tools, relatively easy. What was a huge pain was finding out all that information prior to! I would get the same one, I do not think it is too big or too small.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #6164
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Excellent! I'll order it this afternoon. Thanks!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #6165
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Are you sure you purchased D13503? 503 is Class III. 504 is Class IV.

Edit: I see on the picture I re-posted of yours, you did get D13503.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.