Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #6076
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Rolled a Jeep over too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml_XpwDi0Ng&

That was me driving.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #6077
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Took the Jeep up to a local open forest road.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #6078
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Your Jeep Looks great, very Nice pics
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #6079
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Your Jeep Looks great, very Nice pics
Thanks man! It was a lot of fun, weather was great and it was so nice up there. Was fun bouncing around today. Everything held up well. Definitely need shorter front shocks or extended bumps stops. I think I bottomed out a front shock today. Slammed down pretty good. Hopefully it didn't mess up the shock to much.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #6080
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Good thing you have mud flaps.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #6081
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

I love how everyone hates on that! I did not rip one off either, way back when last year I managed to tear one off. I know they're just the sh** plastic bumpers but they do do their job in keeping rocks and crap from flying up.

Looking at getting some 2" bump stops made. Need to go measure full compression on the shock and see how much gap is left between the axle and the rubber thing. I've never had an issue as a street queen but coming down on a "whoop" I heard it smash the shock... woops. I've got like 4 inches of space between axle and bottom of rubber bumper, so 5" when it compresses I would assume. The shock only has about 3" until full compression. Need to fix that one.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #6082
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Front bump stop extensions are very easy to make.

2" box tubing, cut to length. Aluminum or steel, doesn't matter.
Drill 2 holes in each one.
Longer bolts.

Done!

In my build thread you can see how much flex is still available with the 2" bump stop extensions - on my last wheeling trip I climbed up a stump and checked the suspension to see how far it was stuffed. I personally think I should go to a 1" BSE to get a little more compression.
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #6083
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I hate on em too. Looking at some of my old pics I left them on for about a month since I bought my jeep. No scratches or stuff yet, and unless you're drifting around in gravel or throwing rocks up everywhere I doubt you'd fling one hard enough to do damage.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #6084
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

You and I have different front shocks Richard. Mine are longer and for a 3-4 inch lift if I am not mistaken. I would rather go 2" on the bump stop and forgo some flex. You rub much with your 31's?

You should see the gouges in the mud flaps from the rocks haha.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #6085
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Noticed the Jeep had a softer ride on the highway today. Similar to when it would be loaded down with 5 people and full of stuff or pulling a trailer with some tongue weight. Usually with just me it is a firmer ride, (I actually like it a little softer). But, it seemed like it had an extra bounce on the highway where it had "dips" a really elongated "u" in the road. The rear would go down, come back up, go down and the settle out. It was just odd feeling, unexpected. Were are *not* talking Uncle Buck's Mercury Marquis's blown shock bouncy here either.

I checked all the shocks to see if they had blown a seal and there was no oil or anything. Actually a little moisture in some of them. I am just thinking that there is no way a blew out a shock or a seal. These are Bilsteins, some of the best out there that I know of. I was not doing anything crazy or anything I thought was really rough, I "drive my Jeep like a Grandma on the trail". Minus the one time where the front hit a little hard but nothing else. Weird. I thought that the 5100's had self "adjustments" too, but I could be wrong? I did have 4 people in the Jeep during the little adventure and averaged around 10-15 mph on the trail. Don't know.

It is finally warm around here too, the transmission is more snappy with warm fluid and doesn't have sluggish shifts during the 10°F mornings. No more cold poly TB squeak. Also, I can finally start to get to some wrenching and not be as miserable. I snagged my friend for a day this weekend and we are going to go over the front end and just tighten stuff down.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #6086
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

You're probably massively over-thinking things.

Remind me again why your brand-new, professionally-installed front end needs "tightening up"?
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #6087
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

I honestly figured that and really shroud not have even bothered posting. They're not spitting oil or anything crazy. I'm sure they're fine.

Nothing "needs" anything per say. I would like to take the the lowers out, switch ends, and lock tight the bolts.

Haven't touched the tie rods since install. Want to put a wrench in there and give it a snug pull.

Would like to see the upper control arms and inspect the bushings. That never happened. Tried to pull them previously myself but didn't have the right tools.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #6088
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I should mention after soaking my front suspension in transmission fluid due to a leaking line, and then driving on some horrible pothole roads back home, my axle felt like it was "floating" around. Low and behold I got under it and the UCA bolts were so loose I was able to grab the control arm and twist it by hand. After cranking them down again all is well again.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #6089
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

I think I found my clunk. The clamping bracket had moved down or was tightened in the wrong place (thanks merchants). So it was able to move around as shown.

To all of you with the Moog setup that's something to keep an eye on for the drag link.

Secondly, for those with Moog setup... is anyone having issues with the bolts and nuts being too small for the brackets? They are chewing them up and wanting to pull through. Thinking some larger hardware and a think washer should do. Anyone know how big that opening is?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #6090
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Got around to putting on the LED light Bar on today. It's currently fused at 4 amps because that is all I had... and it works.

Re-Wired all the amps too. Going from the battery to distribution block is the 2 gauged welding cable. Then the distribution block has AGU fuse holders and then branches off to the respective device.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.