Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 405 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #6061
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Funny coinsident that you guys talk about this right now, found my front sway bar mount bushings causing one of my mysterious noises, was about to try WD40 them as a quick Fix tomorow, guess i will not now.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #6062
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I've got some white lithium grease that should do the trick then.

I'll do some shopping for the future!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #6063
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well go figure I've got a tub of marine grease that stuffs nasty if you ever get it on your hands.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #6064
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Fiberglass. I understand what you mean about smacking it around. That being said, I have a zip tie hanging loose on my roof rack rail. When I go through a car wash, I bend the antenna back under the zip tie. You could always do that and slip it out when you want it. Or, you could get a 4' and take it off just as you do with the 3'. If I think about it, I'll snap a quick pic here in a little while.
A bit off subject but I finally remembered to get these posted in here. This is how the 4' flexible antenna folds back. I think 3' would be too short to do this. I only fold it back for car washes though it would be handy in low parking garages, etc. where you'd whip everything.

Zip Tie. I leave it here. Usually it's fine but it does move around a little when driving down the interstate. It took me forever to figure out what the tapping noise above my head was!

Antenna slipped into Zip Tie:

How flexible it is:

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #6065
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

What brand antenna is that? That's pretty flexible and I like the mounting point you have there as well. Is that through the cowling? I would like to mess around with the Jeep again this weekend. I've got a big volunteer project with Va Tech this weekend so I'm not sure how much ill be able to tool around with the CB and such. Surprisingly the magnet Mount CB antenna has a very low SWR.

Secondly I've been working on a side wiring project to clean up all my mess for the amps and extra wires. I would like to run a 0 or 1 gauge wire from the battery to the back seat to go to a distribution block to connect amp 1, amp 2, and aux power wire that currently powers a few small things. Currently there are two 4ga wires and an 8ga wire coming off the battery and all running to the same place... to the rear seat. So I want to consolidate it all.

Thirdly I hate my tires. It sat overnight and it got cold last night. The tires flat spotted in 24 hours and man did they vibrate at 55-65. They suck. Just like body vibrations and crap not a shimmy. Its got to be the tires too because it doesn't always do this when I make the same drive.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #6066
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
What brand antenna is that? That's pretty flexible and I like the mounting point you have there as well. Is that through the cowling?
The antenna I'm using is a Wilson Flex Silver Load 305-4FD. It does indeed go through the cowling. It's a little annoying to work on but once it's set, it's great. I think it looks nice and it's the most central you can get to the vehicle without mounting on the roof.

I thought I linked this before but here it is again: CB Antenna Install

Quote:
Secondly I've been working on a side wiring project to clean up all my mess for the amps and extra wires. I would like to run a 0 or 1 gauge wire from the battery to the back seat to go to a distribution block to connect amp 1, amp 2, and aux power wire that currently powers a few small things. Currently there are two 4ga wires and an 8ga wire coming off the battery and all running to the same place... to the rear seat. So I want to consolidate it all.
That's a heck of a wire but it would sure clean things up - especially your battery terminals!

Quote:
Thirdly I hate my tires. It sat overnight and it got cold last night. The tires flat spotted in 24 hours and man did they vibrate at 55-65. They suck. Just like body vibrations and crap not a shimmy. Its got to be the tires too because it doesn't always do this when I make the same drive.
You need new tires.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #6067
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

The antenna I'm using is a Wilson Flex Silver Load 305-4FD. It does indeed go through the cowling. It's a little annoying to work on but once it's set, it's great. I think it looks nice and it's the most central you can get to the vehicle without mounting on the roof.

I thought I linked this before but here it is again: CB Antenna Install

Thank you for posting the link again. Will check that out when I get home and bookmark.

Quote:
That's a heck of a wire but it would sure clean things up - especially your battery terminals!

Yeah it is. I'm hoping 1 gauge should suffice. I'm going to a welding supply shop, Arcet. Going to see what they have. I've got some sweet marine terminals and I've got the main jeep wires on the post on the marine terminal and want to put this wire on the bolt holding the terminal on the battery post.

Quote:

You need new tires.

Pffftttchhh. I'm about to go slash them and speed up that process. Or some burn outs one wheel at a time haha. They are dry rotting on the inside too!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #6068
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I see you got inspired to clean up the wireing, Thumbsup!

About time to Get new TIRES, they have been a big headeach for ya, bet that Will solve your problem.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #6069
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well I picked up 2 gauge welding wire rated for 200 amps at 50 feet before losing before loosing efficiency or even starting to get hot. I would think 16 feet fused @125 or 150 should be well under its rating. And its probably never going to see much over 100.

Oh these tires. *shakes head* they are just running their course for the next 2 months.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #6070
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

What started out as some random snow showers...

Turned out to be a big mess of almost 6 inches of snow in 2-3 hours!

I got stuck in the parking garage because of the mass exodus from campus and resulting gridlock. Took about 1.5 hours to get out of the garage.

Seriously good thing I got gas before I parked because we sat and sat! I had just filled up and reset the average MPG prior to getting to campus this afternoon. As a result of all the sitting and idling!

Jeep poser shot of course!

Saw a sweet Land Rover Defender 90 after fianlly getting to Wendy's after taking 2 hours to move about 3 miles!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #6071
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So I bought that 2 gauge welding wire of 100% oxygen free pure copper wire. None of that copper clad aluminum garbage. I should use about 16-18 feet of it from the battery to the rear seat. I plan on running a 125 or so amp inline fuse on the welding wire. When that ends under the rear seat at the distribution block here, I am going to use my existing inline fused wire's to run to their respective devices. So in all the main wire will be fused and then the smaller wires coming off the block will be fused appropriately as well.

Here is a shot of the wire. (I picked up an 2 gauge 3/8 lug as well)

Here is a chart that I found with the wire gauges and rated amps per length. I do not see any reason why 2 gauge should not be enough to run what I need. The amps are fused at 60 and 40 respectively. On top of that, I will be powering the cargo trunk outlet and the passenger power seat. I do not forsee and issue with "welding wire" vs. the "amplifier wire" difference. Only thing that *might* be an issue is that the jacket seems thin? However, when I look at some power wire on my desk it seems to be the same.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #6072
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Any advice on parking brake adjustment. Jeep felt really sluggish just now when I was out, needing more skinny pedal. I came back and walked around to check if I could smell the brakes. Well the rear (both sides) smell like they were burning. Jeep won't even "free roll" down a slight incline like normal, something is dragging in the rear. Maybe there is a bunch of snow jammed up in there, not sure but definitely dragging.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #6073
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Nice downfall of snow
Looks like you have done your homework pretty good on the wireing, Thumbsup!
As for the emergency brake, you Will need to back them off so you can freely rotate the wheel by hand (when off the ground), i had my right rear draging Long time ago, at highway speed the whole rim got heated up, and thats NO good.

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #6074
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

It is going to be 65 degrees here today!?!?! The weather is nuts!

I think I will be good to go for the wires. I need to find a good distribution block. Ideas?

About the parking brake, they seemed to have fixed themselves. Maybe there was a ton of snow piled up on them last night. There is still a ton of snow jammed up in the transfer case area that is currently melting away. I jacked up the Jeep and spun each tire and it seemed relatively free. here it a quick video.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #6075
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

What about this one?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DAGU3234P.html
2gauge in, 4 out's, fused???
If not they have 154 other, you should find one That suits your needs.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.