Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 381 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 12-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #5701
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Here you go.
Crazy. Never seen that happen before. Must've been moisture/mud/something in there for a long while.

Unread 12-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #5702
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
I can understand that. I probably need an entire weekend (or at least a full Saturday) for tinkering on mine and I'm not not seeing that happening for a while...
Yeah dude. Just extremely fortunate that it can be handed off like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Crazy. Never seen that happen before. Must've been moisture/mud/something in there for a long while.
Maybe some mud blocked the drain hole and water was able to sit up in there. But yeah, it needs replaced haha.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #5703
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well I finally got a chance to clean the dang thing! It has been forever!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #5704
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Buy a camera! Your Droid phone is not doing your beautiful Jeep any justice!
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #5705
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Buy a camera! Your Droid phone is not doing your beautiful Jeep any justice!
Ahhh i know, we have got a two at home. I just never have it on me! And they are not mine.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #5706
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Tried to install the heated/auto dim mirror. Turns out I need some sort of harness that's long enough to connect the mirror to the door panel.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #5707
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

And I just got rid of my spare door panels a coupke weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #5708
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

http://www.wjjeeps.com/mirror_autodim_wiring.jpg.

One of those.
forumrunner_20121230_131322.jpg   forumrunner_20121230_131350.jpg  

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #5709
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So the Jeep went on huge troll mode again leaving Dad's house. Rolled the window down and then it would not go back up. Open the and closed the door and then it went back up. That ground wire in the driver door boot. *tisk tisk* Secondly the trunk would not shut, twice, then on the 3rd time it went. Need to grease the latch again I guess. Weird. Dad was just standing there having a little laugh as I am screwing around with the Jeep.

I drove the Rubicon around today and the WJ is much smoother aside from what is mostly likely the rear tires in need of balance on the WJ. (I do not know what else it could be!?) I did notice that the Rubicon does a little steering shimmy on bumps at "highway" speeds although it did feel "firmer" and not "losey gooesey" (Ya that sounds childish but that was the first thing to come to mind.) I guess new control arm bushings and a heim in the track bar have less room for play.

Lastly the WJ is finally getting that work done later this week. I am going to draft up what all is going to be done in more detail on a word document and will prbably post a link to a google doc later.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #5710
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I found this video on youtube and was pretty interesting. I've just been wondering what causes the tires to shimmy a few times back and forth on a pothole or something like that. That is all my Jeep will do, just shimmy back and forth for a second then go away on those decent holes that jostle the suspension. But no full out DW. I don't get why it does it.

What the video shoes in the first minute or so shows, what I am guessing the WJ does when I hit a pot hole (I usually try to avoid) similar to the size in the video.

Note: Thursday the 3rd, Jeep is going in for new front upper control arms and bushings, then also installing the IRO lowers to put caster around 6.5* (Along with a ton other stuff, however the stuff upfront was worth mentioning again)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #5711
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Your SS is most likely what's keeping it from going into full out DW. In that video he added new shocks and dual SS.. he probably didnt get rid of the source of his DW he just masked it :/

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #5712
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Your SS is most likely what's keeping it from going into full out DW.
Right, I get that. Maybe I did not phrase it right, I was wondering why it wobbles over bumps and stuff?! haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #5713
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Right, I get that. Maybe I did not phrase it right, I was wondering why it wobbles over bumps and stuff?! haha
Caster angle .. I really hope you are installing adjustable lowers otherwise you won't be able to adjust your caster at all.... Fixed uppers and fixed lowers will suck if you need to tweak your caster at all. Even if they say caster will be about 6.5* you will be disappointed

IRO write up recommends 4.5* with their long arms. I am at 4.5" lift on my front with short arms and set my caster at 4* before DW stopped.

Picture a bent shopping cart wheel that wobbles back and forth.

Take my advice as you want but I hope the best to you.

Hope u work out your DW.
Unread 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #5714
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play View Post
Caster angle .. I really hope you are installing adjustable lowers otherwise you won't be able to adjust your caster at all.... Fixed uppers and fixed lowers will suck if you need to tweak your caster at all. Even if they say caster will be about 6.5* you will be disappointed

IRO write up recommends 4.5* with their long arms. I am at 4.5" lift on my front with short arms and set my caster at 4* before DW stopped.

Picture a bent shopping cart wheel that wobbles back and forth.

Take my advice as you want but I hope the best to you.
Hey thank you for the reply. The front uppers will be stock and the lowers will be ADJUSTABLE from IRO. I was planning on setting caster to around 6.5* which is stock spec for caster. I do not know exactly why IRO suggests 4.5* other then to avoid drive line issues with the front pinion angle.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #5715
wj4play
1999 WJ 

Sorry if you posted before that adjustable CA but i miss a lot of detail due to being on my iPhone.

I adjusted mine to 6.5 for factory spec but it was horrible. I read IRO manual for long arms and re adjusted to 4.5 and eventually settled on 4

More caster will bring the steering wheel back to center faster than less castor, I have heard most dodges solid axle front eventually suffer DW and same with factory WJs with no lift but worn out steering components.

Just letting you know what worked for me but seem that everyone has different results on different jeeps. I wouldn't worry about pinion angle as much as I would for caster.

DL vibes can be cured with a double Cardon if you end up with that happening

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.