Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 378 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #5656
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Sure can. Give me a sec. Wife just got home therefore I'm on a trailer wiring break...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #5657
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #5658
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

If you need measurements, I have a good hour and a half of garage time. The girls just started up a movie, my class prep is pretty much finished, and I think the trailer wiring is done! I actually have a few minutes to tinker! Haha.

Edit: Sorry if I'm junking up your thread Michael.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #5659
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Those are old style rc arms ...pre warning those bushing suck and you can't replace them ...I had those arms on my jeep and I called rc to order new bushings and they said I would have to order new arms because they changed over to clevlite oem style bushing and they no longer make bushings for there old arms

Sent from my iPhone5 using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #5660
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

To be honest, that's what I was leaning towards as well but I wasn't positive. Again, they are 'new' and free though I am curious what's sitting in the box.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #5661
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Maybe you can use those arms to "cash in" for new RC-X arms? How are they not replaceable? They one solid bushing formed into the arm?

Chris - Don't worry about it! haha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #5662
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Did a once around the Jeep for tomorrows trip home. Filled with premium gas, checked oil, and checked tire pressure. So my passenger rear may have a slight leak, was down to 26 cold. Put both the rears to 32 cold. (ambient temp 35* F and Jeep has been sitting most of the day). Leaving the front at 28 psi cold, don't wanna mess with it, higher PSI has shown to increase wobbles on bumps, its fine now where it is at. Will mess with it later when I get home, anyways, I digress. So my friend was leaving the apartment while I was out messing with my Jeep and he wanted check his tires on his XJ for fun. Turns out his were all around 26 and he has Michelin LTX M/S tires. So I decided to check sidewall flex comparison. Pushed on the WJ sideways and my tires at 32 PSI on the rear, flexed in the sidewall and moved around like it was going out of style. The Michelin's, basically zero movement, at 26 PSI!? I could not believe it. *thumbsdown* for my tires.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #5663
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Did a once around the Jeep for tomorrows trip home. Filled with premium gas, checked oil, and checked tire pressure. So my passenger rear may have a slight leak, was down to 26 cold. Put both the rears to 32 cold. (ambient temp 35* F and Jeep has been sitting most of the day). Leaving the front at 28 psi cold, don't wanna mess with it, higher PSI has shown to increase wobbles on bumps, its fine now where it is at. Will mess with it later when I get home, anyways, I digress. So my friend was leaving the apartment while I was out messing with my Jeep and he wanted check his tires on his XJ for fun. Turns out his were all around 26 and he has Michelin LTX M/S tires. So I decided to check sidewall flex comparison. Pushed on the WJ sideways and my tires at 32 PSI on the rear, flexed in the sidewall and moved around like it was going out of style. The Michelin's, basically zero movement, at 26 PSI!? I could not believe it. *thumbsdown* for my tires.
Yes, all tires Are different tire pressure wise, sidewall stiffness, load range,,,,
Needed to go up from 33 to 35 psi to Get my new Hakka's comforteble and handling better.
Tires, tires, tires,,,, you Will Get it figured out.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #5664
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah man, I have been figuring that out the hard way. I used to run my tires at 35 PSI, but now that high seems like they are too "stiff" or "bouncy" and the Jeep did not like that.

Anyone want to chime in on the Goodyear SilentArmor's sidewall flex before I plunge myself into another hole?!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #5665
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Yeah man, I have been figuring that out the hard way. I used to run my tires at 35 PSI, but now that high seems like they are too "stiff" or "bouncy" and the Jeep did not like that.

Anyone want to chime in on the Goodyear SilentArmor's sidewall flex before I plunge myself into another hole?!
Sorry no, but What's up with your sno brd kid? Seing any snow lately? Rofl
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #5666
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Snobrdrkid = Snow Boarder Kid, which you got, and not many people do! Too bad I am not a kid anymore, life was a lot easier! haha.

But, we have one dusting here that resulted in about an inch, nothing at all! It has been a WARM winter... :/

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #5667
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

As far as tires go, I believe I posted before in here that the Geolanders on the F250 took a ridiculous amount of PSI to get rid of the wander/sway/sidewall flex. I'm betting that the SA's will be awesome for you, especially with the reviews Billz has on them.

I didn't have too much trouble coming up with Snow Boarder Kid, though then again, I do sometimes struggle with all the 'txt' shorthand crap some people use. I mean, a little is typical for everyone but texting one, 15 character word that's all abbreviations... Really? I think I'm getting old.

We might have some snow by this evening! We've had a slight dusting previously but nothing that has stuck to the roads. They bumped our snowfall count for today up to around 3". I don't get to try out the WJ/DuraTracs though unless I go looking for some trouble - I traded ReJeana the WJ for the TJ. With the 60 MPH gusts we are going to get along with the 50°F rain turning slick then to snow (it's supposed to drop from 50ish to 20ish by this afternoon and it's raining right now), I figured the 4WD Full-Time would be better than her driving a 2WD top - I really need to show her how to use/when to use the 4WD in the wrangler.

And now that I'm done rambling, I'm going back to my coffee.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #5668
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Haha, that is 2! I just remember way back when that there was some confusion about it. I made that user name, oh my, like 6 or 7 years ago now?! Thing is I can't jack the pressure, it makes the Jeep go "mehhhh" or at least the higher pressure had negative effects that one time. I thought about that last night too, no way he (Billz) could give a good review and them be shi***.

Ah, lucky! We may get some here in blacksburg tonight, too bad I am about to be on my way home to Chesapeake. Good luck with the snowfall and be safe out there!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #5669
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I'd be bummed. I like snow!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #5670
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I talked to dad some about fixing/upgrading/maintaining the Jeep over break. Most of the work won't happen until after Christmas.

He wants to replace as many parts with stock Mopar parts instead of aftermarket. For example the A-arm, so we don't have to worry about grease or adjusting, just toss it in there. Then possibly just getting new front upper's from Mopar.

Next decently big ticket item is the front driveshaft. Looking at having it rebuilt, I just need a back up plan if the rebuild does not fix the vibes... :/

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.