Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 361 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #5401
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah, no kidding. I'm not sure what they freaking sold me. "Cooler" is a start. Maybe I'll go back and ask for transmission line and see what they give me. What's different between like transmission cooler and like other "cooler" type line?

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #5402
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

You have to watch out for those parts monkeys. I asked for Power Steering Return hose (in stock at $1.29/ft per AZ webpage). They give me fuel injection hose at $4.09/ft. Parts Monkey says "yes it's compatible, and higher pressure rating". I go home and google it. Fuel Injection Hose? BAD IDEA. Transmission cooler/Power steering return hose is a different compound and is rated for 4 times the pressure.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #5403
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well it does in fact say cooler on it. I don't know what it says before that because its tucked away. So that's a "start" in the right direction, right? Maybe?

I'm not sure why the one would be leaking and the rear are fine.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #5404
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Yeah, no kidding. I'm not sure what they freaking sold me. "Cooler" is a start. Maybe I'll go back and ask for transmission line and see what they give me. What's different between like transmission cooler and like other "cooler" type line?
When its labeled cooling, my first thought is Coolant fluid, might be good enough, i dont know, i just know there Are Oil/fuel specific Lines, also due to temp and pressure, check it out, make sure you have the right one.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #5405
leadsled jeep
2002 WJ 

I just KNEW I liked Jeepers! I am a 1911 guy as well. Stock Springfield Loaded stainless here. I did just order some XS tritium sights for it however.

Just starting IDPA matches here.... Once a month. Good stuff!!
'02 Overland 130k+ miles. 245-70-17 GG AT2's. BDS 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's, JKS QDs. Addco Swaybars F/R. Stillen Front Rotors/ Pads. TRE's, BJ's, wheel bearings. 100% Amsoil. I like my rifles like my coffee, hot, black and continually refilled.
leadsled jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #5406
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

When its labeled cooling, my first thought is Coolant fluid, might be good enough, i dont know, i just know there Are Oil/fuel specific Lines, also due to temp and pressure, check it out, make sure you have the right one.
Hmmm. Will have to check it out more. Could replace that whole hose with the "transmission cooler" hose that came with the cooler itself? (I still have that spare hose and the factory hose just in case for these situations)

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #5407
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Hmmm. Will have to check it out more. Could replace that whole hose with the "transmission cooler" hose that came with the cooler itself? (I still have that spare hose and the factory hose just in case for these situations)
If you have the line that came with the cooler and its the right size and length needed, i would just swap that in with a good clamp and not think of that any more.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #5408
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It could be that the clamp chewed through the hose I've seen that before. Cut an inch off the hose like tomahawk said and slip it on and re-clamp. Make sure inside of clamp is smooth and doesn't have any sharp edges.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #5409
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
It could be that the clamp chewed through the hose I've seen that before. Cut an inch off the hose like tomahawk said and slip it on and re-clamp. Make sure inside of clamp is smooth and doesn't have any sharp edges.

Exactly what i pictured in my mind, ha ha

Unread 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #5410
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I'll cut off a section and recap and try that first before I replace everything. Would try that first.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #5411
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Hope to put in the drive shaft tomorrow. We shall see. Also get that seeping auxiliary line taken care of.

Realizing today how bad I need that a-arm fixed. Had 5 people on board on the highway, the Jeep was line bouncing and steering felt oddly loose. Errhh. Maybe because of the weight it was making it feel like that.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #5412
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

New front yoke went on without issue. Drive shaft fit just fine... BUT, too bad it vibrates?! 35+ it has a noticeable vibration. Not to the point where the Jeep is shaking apart but enough to not be acceptable. Will be seeing who is local around here to get it rebalanced/rebuilt.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #5413
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ugh that's obnoxious dude maybe a weight got knocked off or something? Check the u-joints thoroughly on the DC and axle end?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #5414
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

All the weights look to be there. I am thinking the 3 u-joints need replaced. The double cardon end was a bit sloppy.

Would bad u-joints or center "Ball" thing cause vibes?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #5415
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
All the weights look to be there. I am thinking the 3 u-joints need replaced. The double cardon end was a bit sloppy.

Would bad u-joints or center "Ball" thing cause vibes?
I would believe thats possible, hope you got it sorted out soon.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.