Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 313 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #4681
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Take the track bar bolts and put them into the hole (without the trackbar) and see if you can wiggle it to determine if its wallowed. You can weld a washer on the mount like others and me to fix this issue. I'm also running KOR bushings in my JKS TB. Careful when torquing them, grade 8 bolts cant handle more than 120 ft lbs, ask me how i know

alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #4682
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Either the JKS bushings are just too soft and I guess I can try KOR stuff. Maybe I can try torquing them down more?

Or my bolt holes are wallowed out and Id have to get someone to attempt to fix that. I didn't notice it but who knows.
I still want my video

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #4683
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I guess ill have to do that man. I only have 80 foot pounds on my stock bolts with my JKS at the moment. If they are wallowed, FFFF

Larry - I know man. I've been busy though :/
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #4684
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Tighten them first to see if it helps, bubba tight. Then go from there to see if it still has play when you turn the steering wheel left to right.

I cant see you giving up and taking the lift off.....not unless your going higher anyways haha. Don't give up, I've been there, but fixing it is worth it
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #4685
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

How much can I put on them before starting to get close to breaking. The frame end looked like it had the most or more play in it then the axle side. The frame bolt was in good condition too.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #4686
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Idk man, it can take quite a bit cause I was really, Really, REALLY yanking on it before it snapped. Go as much as you can, shoot for 100 I guess. Mine was the same as yours, axle end had no play, frame side did
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #4687
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

I know I'm just gonna bug u till u do it

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #4688
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ill see what more torque does. Lol

I know man, you gotta do it to, cause ill forget to video it!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #4689
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Get the kor bushings and sleeves. Torque them down helps for a little but it will eventually work its way loose.

I run my stock tires at 33psi. I use to put 35psi in them but i would get more vibrations once they warmed up (i fill my tires in the morning before work).

If you can, find a shop that balances with road force an uses a "finger" mount opposed to the cone. The finger mount actually mounts where the lug nuts go where as the cone just mounds to the hub. It makes a difference. And watch the machine to make sure it zeros out. Sometimes it takes awhile and I know techs are lazy haha.

Some places do free alignment checks. You could always double check your alignment to be on the safe side or go to a offroad shop who actually know what they're doing.

You would be surprised how much of a difference a properly balanced tire and alignment can change the way a vehicle drives.
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #4690
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I wrote an email to JKS tech support about the bushings.

I am looking to order the KOR bushings. Should I get just the 4 bushings or do I need the sleeves and bolts too??? Kevin's site said that with the JKS I can just use my original sleeves. They said only to get the new sleeves and bolts if my track bar was wallowed out. Which I do not think it is.

I'll be so happy if my little problem is being caused by the track bar and this will fix it.

Still going to get the tires rebalanced and see if I can get them to do an alignment check and check pressure. Thanks everyone

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #4691
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

FWIW, I only used the bushings. My JKS sleeves fit snug into the KOR bushings...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #4692
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Thanks Chris, that was what I was hoping. Because I did not want to have to drill out the holes just in case I ever have to go back. Did you put any grease on them or just pop them in and go?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #4693
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I didn't put any grease on them. There may have been some left over Liquid Wrench on them but other than that, nuthin'.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #4694
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Okay, was just wondering. My JKS bushing were squeaking over speed bumps. Haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #4695
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

If your holes are wallowed out then you need the sleeves.

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.