Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 312 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #4666
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well I'm left with a few options here. I'm still getting those little shaky beginning of DW feeling is the 50 ish MPH range. I was thinking about getting adjustable lower control arms to get a ton more caster.

Or, just going back to my stock springs and shocks. I just can't deal with DW on a vehicle that I have to drive every day and commute 5 hours back and forth with to college. I just am not sure what to do.

I don't know guys. :/

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #4667
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Well I'm left with a few options here. I'm still getting those little shaky beginning of DW feeling is the 50 ish MPH range. I was thinking about getting adjustable lower control arms to get a ton more caster.

Or, just going back to my stock springs and shocks. I just can't deal with DW on a vehicle that I have to drive every day and commute 5 hours back and forth with to college. I just am not sure what to do.

I don't know guys. :/
Have You considered maybe a bent rim is causing it?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #4668
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryftmfw

Have You considered maybe a bent rim is causing it?

Wouldn't have that been apparent before lifting it?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #4669
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

Wouldn't have that been apparent before lifting it?
Maybe the lift is amplifying it? Or it got damaged during the install?

Unread 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #4670
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Maybe. I guess its possible. I just don't want to keep driving on it anymore. Afraid that its only going to make things worse.

I've been thinking to going back to stock front springs with 3/4 inch spaces and trade my front bilsteins for ones for a smaller lift. That should put me at 18.75 inches in the front. Then keep my rear OME HD with no spaces and that should give me about 19.75-20.0 inches in the rear. I should be able to keep my rear 5100s I have now, they are made for a 1 to 2 inch lift.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #4671
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Finally got the tre off! Took 2 whacks from the fork! Lol and damn my old o2 sensor was black as heck

Unread 07-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #4672
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

I know the feeling about being afraid to drive your vehicle. Its not a good feeling when you drop a lot of money into something and then find out it may have caused more problems. Before you do anything, try a few things.

Disconnect the front driveshaft. From my own experience, that was a big problem solver for vibrations. Take it off and see if it still vibrates then go from there.

Get your tires balanced. Mosts shops only charge 20-30 bucks. A unbalanced tire makes driving at highway speeds a nightmare.

Check your tires air pressure. My tires leak air a good bit. When they're low, it drives like crap. When they're overfilled, it drives like crap. Don't know about where you live but its been hot here recently, causing air in the tire to expand = higher psi and higher psi causes to death wobble.
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #4673
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hahaha! Well I overlooked that but I bet that's why my death wobble 'appeared'. When I replaced my JKS bushings with the KOR bushings, I also rotated my tires. When I did so, I filled them up to 32 lbs for the upcoming long drive (usually I run at 29, or so I thought). Turns out, they were all at 25-26 lbs. I have no recollection of ever purposely filling them to that level. Either way, tire pressure wont CAUSE death wobble but extra air in the tires will help reveal existing DW.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #4674
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Tomorrow I will x2 check tire pressure and pull the front d.s. and see what happens.

If that does nothing, ill have the tires rebalanced and see what happens.

If that does not work.... then maybe ill try the KOR bushings. I KNOW the JKS bar has play in it.

Edit: I run my tires at 34 PSI, too much?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #4675
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

What have you checked so far? Tre's, ball joints, bushings of the control arms, track bar?
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #4676
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI
What have you checked so far? Tre's, ball joints, bushings of the control arms, track bar?
Tie rods are brand new, ball joints looked good, need to x2 check ball joints. Bushings on control arms looked good. Didn't see any play.

Again track bar has play in the bushings.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #4677
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Address your track bar first and double check the ball joints. There is suppose to be no play in the track bar
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #4678
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have no way of fixing it.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #4679
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Why do you say that?
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #4680
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Either the JKS bushings are just too soft and I guess I can try KOR stuff. Maybe I can try torquing them down more?

Or my bolt holes are wallowed out and Id have to get someone to attempt to fix that. I didn't notice it but who knows.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.