Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread - Page 310 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Snobrdrkid's WJ Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #4636
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Now that the front is much tighter with the new track bar. The rear feels like total trash (because it is) with the a-arm being toasted. Next priority.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #4637
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Now that the front is much tighter with the new track bar. The rear feels like total trash (because it is) with the a-arm being toasted. Next priority.
So does mine, it clunk so much it's annoying

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum because I can!
Larryftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #4638
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

WTH, how often does this jam nut come lose?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #4639
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Not very often. Get it nice and snug.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #4640
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Update. Jam nut was tight, should be after I got it veryyy tight last night. Must be a Jeep thing, because now when I turn the wheel back and forth. I still here what I always have a little clunk going back and forth. I don't know what happened to the other sound I was hearing that was out of the ordinary, weird.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #4641
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Update. Jam nut was tight, should be after I got it veryyy tight last night. Must be a Jeep thing, because now when I turn the wheel back and forth. I still here what I always have a little clunk going back and forth. I don't know what happened to the other sound I was hearing that was out of the ordinary, weird.
Did the sleeves in the track bar fit the bolts snug? My mount for the track bar on the body side is so messed up, the hole has wallerd out from the loose track bar so I need a shop to weld it

Unread 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #4642
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Yeah the bolts and bolt holes were all good. I didn't see anything that'd cause concern. No places were it would have been bowed out or anything like that.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #4643
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I wrote an initial review of the KOR bushings HERE in my build thread. I think the bushings are nice but they are revealing that I have some other issues somewhere. Because the JKS bushings were much softer, I'm guessing they were dampening some shimmy...

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #4644
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Check the steering box and intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft in particular.
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #4645
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
Check the steering box and intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft in particular.
What in particular should he be Checking

Unread 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #4646
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

For play between components. The intermediate shaft is just two pieces of square tubing, one fit inside the other. With non-serviceable u-joints on both ends - these are all likely culprits when everything else is new.
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #4647
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
For play between components. The intermediate shaft is just two pieces of square tubing, one fit inside the other. With non-serviceable u-joints on both ends - these are all likely culprits when everything else is new.
How easy are these to replace?

Unread 07-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #4648
Larryftmfw
2004 WJ 

I started pulling my spark plugs and they don't look bad

image-1073637490.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #4649
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Billz - I will add the intermediate shaft to the list of things to check over.

The jam nut is tight, I know the tie rods are tight, the only thing left is the track bar bushings have some play in them. Chris had just said that the JKS bushings were absorbing some of a shimmy for his case. Then when Chris put in KOR bushings he had more wheel shimmy. So I will also wait to see what he says for his shimmy.

But for me I wonder what could be causing vibes at 45+ mph. The steering wheel wont move the steering wheel back and forth (maybe a TINY bit) to give you an idea of how little these vibes are, you can just feel them throughout the Jeep. It feels like DW but it won't get to full out DW, again thankfully. I do not know what else to do to track down those vibes. It concerns me because it feels like the vibes are coming from the axle (like they would for DW) and putting tons of stress on the components. etc. I am not sure what to do.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #4650
99WJdan
1999 WJ 

Get to a good speed where the vibrations are noticeable then let off the gas. Does the vibrations go away or become less dramatic?

Tags
ome hd , OME lift kit , snobrdrkid , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.